Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 11 Nov 2020, 23:54 (Ref:4016079)   #31
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Come and join us, Iain - I've sure we could find a suitable car.....or you could share Paul D's Beemer and show him how to drive it in a straight line

Never driven Knockhill but have been driven round it by JasperClan "at pace" in his Clan, holding it in gear because it kept jumping out of third.....that was interesting Looking forward to it
He's already pencilled in with me in the Lenham as long as there's not a date clash with the customers...
Old 12 Nov 2020, 12:26 (Ref:4016146)   #32
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just received this provisional calendar for MRL:

2021 Motor Racing Legends Event Dates

Donington Historic Festival May 1-2
Thruxton Historic June 12-13
Silverstone Classic July 30-31 / August 1
Spa Six Hours October 1-2-3
Silverstone GP Circuit October 30-31
Old 12 Nov 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4016148)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now wait for MRL to work out what series at each race meeting
Pre War Silverstone, Donington and Spa?

That’s enough with Le Mans
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4016179)   #34
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Come and join us, Iain - I've sure we could find a suitable car.....or you could share Paul D's Beemer and show him how to drive it in a straight line

Never driven Knockhill but have been driven round it by JasperClan "at pace" in his Clan, holding it in gear because it kept jumping out of third.....that was interesting Looking forward to it
I'm sure that you'll enjoy Richard, but be warned in the reverse direction.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4016383)   #35
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
I'm sure that you'll enjoy Richard, but be warned in the reverse direction.

I might be seeking advice, Peter You can tell I'm looking forward to it - I've already booked the Premier Inn
Old 14 Nov 2020, 08:06 (Ref:4016453)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2021 Grand Prix Historique de Pau, France.

2021 Historic GP of Pau is officially cancelled. At least for this year.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 22:54 (Ref:4017345)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Just received this provisional calendar for MRL:

2021 Motor Racing Legends Event Dates

Donington Historic Festival May 1-2
Thruxton Historic June 12-13
Silverstone Classic July 30-31 / August 1
Spa Six Hours October 1-2-3
Silverstone GP Circuit October 30-31
Sensible calendar?

Wouldn't it be ace if MRL went to Combe or Mallory!
Old 17 Nov 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4017401)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Sensible calendar?

Wouldn't it be ace if MRL went to Combe or Mallory!
No.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4017614)   #39
Derwent
Rookie

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's a pity that Croft is not back on the HSCC programme. I'd hoped this year's loss was a one off. I thought ti would be a good money spinner for the circuit but so many drivers live down south that perhaps it's too far to travel.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4017645)   #40
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a great shame particularly as there is a seven week gap between Brands Superprix and Oulton Gold Cup. Grids were usually good when there was a two week gap between Silverstone Classic and Croft but poor when only one week and I think that the 2021 Classic is scheduled for the first weekend in August which was the traditional date for Croft.

Was there a Croft Revival event planned for 2020?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 15:17 (Ref:4017697)   #41
Derwent
Rookie

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
It is a great shame particularly as there is a seven week gap between Brands Superprix and Oulton Gold Cup. Grids were usually good when there was a two week gap between Silverstone Classic and Croft but poor when only one week and I think that the 2021 Classic is scheduled for the first weekend in August which was the traditional date for Croft.

Was there a Croft Revival event planned for 2020?
No, but they did say they hoped to be back. Again the date was too close the Silverstone I think
Old 20 Nov 2020, 19:33 (Ref:4018075)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PA reminds they still have some special offers available for Le Mans Classic spectators, called early birds. I'm not on commission…