Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 11 May 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1298122)   #1
Adam RR
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast, Australia
Adam RR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix Diary dot Com

Since he joined this site, i've been checking out Grand Prix Diary quite regularly for updates and i have to say, this is the funniest F1 Site I've ever seen. If you read this, forgive the cut and paste but i had to... here's my favourite quote, the sarcasm is brilliant

Quote:
Following a rash of rather unhappy people who seem to think this site is being cruel to Narain Karthikeyan, Grand Prix Diary has agreed to highlight his motorsport achievements. In 1996, a mere decade ago, Narain won the Formula Asia Championship, which was also the stepping stone of another F1 great, Malaysia’s Alex Yoong. Narain’s next major high was only four years later with a fourth in the final standings in UK Formula 3 in 2000. This was followed, er…four years later by a remarkable sixth place in the 2004 World Series by Nissan, finishing behind greats such as Jean Christophe Ravier and Tristan Gommendy. (according to NK’s rather out of date website, this series is second only to F1 – we’ll ignore GP2 and Champcars then..). Now, after failing to provide Minardi with the funds to race in 2003, our hero is with Jordan, his best result so far being a superb 11th in Malaysia with just his team-mate and the two mighty Minardi’s behind him. Narain Karthikeyan, the self proclaimed 'Fastest Indian in the World' has arrived.

There, we hope that sets the record straight and we would like to add that his place in the Jordan team has absolutely nothing to do with the money he is paying them, it's all down to his skill and achievements so far. Next week we will be doing an appreciation on Chanoch Nissany for all of our irate Israeli readers…
Absolutely Gold!!! Well done
Old 11 May 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1298126)   #2
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moved to cool sites.
Old 11 May 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1298130)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not as funny as this:
Old 11 May 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1298266)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glen, if I didn't think you'd spent all that time photoshopping that picture (or am I praising you for another's work there?) with the sole intention of getting us to pull it so you can complain about us pulling it, I'd pull it.

As for a naff photoshop job of a Hitler moustache & hairdo and a swastika being funnier than a cleverly written satirical piece from they guy who brought us possibly the third funniest F1 website in the world (or at least my favourites list ), pull the other one...
Old 12 May 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1298924)   #5
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant site. Fantastic!!!
Old 12 May 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1298960)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Glen, if I didn't think you'd spent all that time photoshopping that picture (or am I praising you for another's work there?) with the sole intention of getting us to pull it so you can complain about us pulling it, I'd pull it.

As for a naff photoshop job of a Hitler moustache & hairdo and a swastika being funnier than a cleverly written satirical piece from they guy who brought us possibly the third funniest F1 website in the world (or at least my favourites list ), pull the other one...
Of course, I should probably have checked where the picture came from.

Oh, the irony...
Old 12 May 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1299011)   #7
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not seen this before, best laugh for a bit!
Old 13 May 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1299961)   #8
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Of course, I should probably have checked where the picture came from.

Oh, the irony...
Coat for the moderator...