Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Apr 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2439765)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 Outlines

Here are a couple of quick outline sketches of circuit. The pitlane and paddock is in the area of the arrow, with the arrow head showing the race direction.
Attached Thumbnails
outline 1.jpg   outline 2.jpg  
Old 13 Apr 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2440050)   #2
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first one looks like a swan. The second one I like. Sort of reminiscent of Catalunya and Estoril, but it has some nice flowing changing radius turns.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 03:04 (Ref:2440153)   #3
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing really "stands out" when I look at the first design, but I like the shape and the fast, sweeping corners of the second one. It's different from most of your other tracks.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2441395)   #4
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The second design is the one I prefer, with its flowing corners. Still, I guess bike riders would require a chicane or something to similar effect in the long, fast right hander at the center of the design, Turn 8, but they can get what they require.
As my forespeakers said, the multiple radius corners are indeed what make this one special. And the not-that-straight straights add a kind of a nonpermanent road circuit element to it.

The first one doesn't quite have the flow I would enjoy from a driver's perspective.
Turn 1 is a great overtaking spot, and the run to the upper left corner Turn 5 is actually pretty good as well. But the heavy braking for Turn 6 and the run from there towards the swan's head, which is another heavy braking zone, somewhat compromises the whole flow of the circuit. The 3rd time sector is fine again, especially the final corner. As a concept, that 3rd sector reminds me of Fuji Speedway after Tilke, but this one here is better.
To fix the 2nd time sector, I've got two different ideas: 1) skip the section from Turn 6 to Turn 10 altogether by placing a long left-hand bow in place of Turn 6 that fades out gradually onto the straight leading to the Swan's Head.
2) Replace Turns 6 and 7 by fast Esses.
I hope you like these suggestions. What do you think?

Thank you for posting your new designs.