Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 21 Apr 2000, 17:07 (Ref:8322)   #1
68 Mustanger
Rookie

68 Mustanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hello, I am new here.
I am interested in any information (and pictures) of Mustangs in the BTCC from 1965-1973 including Roy Pierpoints Mustang, Bo Ljungfeldts, Frank Gardners and Sir Gawaine Baillies participation in these races. Can you give me any hints on where I can find something about these guys and their Mustangs. I am also interested in other european races of that period with Henri Greder, DelaLande, Beaumont, Johnny Halliday, Henri Chemin etc. Pls help.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 09:43 (Ref:8323)   #2
torana
Rookie

torana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a book that i purchased in sept 1976 gives a fairly good insight into Frank Gardner an his various philosophies WRT racing.
The book is titled "Castrol racing drivers manual" by Frank gardner, with Doug Nye.
The forward for the book is written by Eric Broadley. The book was published in 1973,
ISBN 0 85059 135 X, firt published in October 1973. printed by blackfriars Press Limited,Leicester.

Although the book may seem dated by 99/2000 standards it is still a good book. Maybe it is available from a second hand book shop nearby. The is a motor book shop near me in Melbourne, Aust Ill check and see what is available.

The book doesnt go into his later career afetr he returned to Australia. he was sucsessful back here as both a driver and later as a team manager. he built cars for both our touring car championships and th Sports sedan Cahapionship. He eventually built an all conquering Chev Corvair(yes a corvair) sports sedan. It was ballistic. He went on to manage the BMW racing team in our touring car championship and did exceptionally well.

A big moment maybe funny maybe areal drama was to see twotwo 633 BM's beached in the kitty litter at Hell Corner (turn 1) at Bathurst. They were running near each other and bothe ran off the track into th kitty litter one after the other. I am sure that one of the drivers was John Bowe I think the other was Jim Richards. It was interesting to see one driver laughing about the predicament the other just getting down to dig his car out to get going again. Both cars did get going again but it was funny to watch. It happened right below me I think that it was 1985.
Old 16 May 2000, 05:45 (Ref:8324)   #3
68 Mustanger
Rookie

68 Mustanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you, although delayed. I started my own Mustang racing past webpage here at http://www.people.freenet.de/pony/history.htm If anybody has more information on any Mustang appearance in the 60-70ies races, please be so kind to inform me.
Old 16 May 2000, 09:06 (Ref:8325)   #4
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just to let you know we have several Mustangs racing in our Club "The Classic Saloon Car Club" and I think one races as a Pre-66 and the other as a pre-74.

IanC
Old 16 May 2000, 10:23 (Ref:8326)   #5
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Florian Lacroix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just sent you a pic, I hope that you will like it.

for the others