Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you award the Monaco Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 2 5.13%
6 7 17.95%
5 8 20.51%
4 8 20.51%
3 5 12.82%
2 6 15.38%
1 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 May 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4052819)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2021

What score do you award the Monaco Grand Prix?
Old 23 May 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4052895)   #2
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where's the zero option?
Old 23 May 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4052896)   #3
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
2. Utterly boring. Where there any on track passes at all?
Old 23 May 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4052898)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Leclerc not taking the start put the race on its back foot.
Old 23 May 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4052900)   #5
BTCC frog
Racer

BTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I don't think so. First time since Russia 2017. I gave it a five, because at least there was an interesting podium, and the championship was blown wide open again.
Old 23 May 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4052913)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's Monaco so it was never going to be astounding. However, it did come alive very briefly with the pitstops and that's when things went horribly wrong for Mercedes. That helped produce a different result, which made a welcome change and we now have a real championship battle. Shame Leclerc couldn't have been part of that.

Old 23 May 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4052914)   #7
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Other than off the start - I think just one.
Schumacher into the hairpin.
Old 23 May 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4052922)   #8
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was the biggest pile of garbage F1 has ever served up, and I managed 3 laps before turning the absolute stinking piece of rot off.
Old 23 May 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4052927)   #9
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a good solid race. A solid 6/10. Not the most on-track action, but a fascinating race at an iconic circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
That was the biggest pile of garbage F1 has ever served up, and I managed 3 laps before turning the absolute stinking piece of rot off.
Have you watched the Russian or French (Paul Ricard) Grand Prixs? They were 100 times worse than that (even if there was overtaking).
Old 23 May 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4052951)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!
4. And that is generous I think. Dull as expected.

What would have happened if LeClerc made the start? It might have added a bit of interest.
Old 23 May 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4052956)   #11
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
4. And that is generous I think. Dull as expected.

What would have happened if LeClerc made the start? It might have added a bit of interest.
If Leclerc had made the start the final results would have been LeClerc, Verstappen, Sainz. So, absolutely no change in interest at all.

What a tedious circuit with no saving graces whatsoever.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 May 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4052977)   #12
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4. Not an entertaining race from the on-track perspective but there was a few 'potential' passes that, although unfulfilled, kept me entertained (Perez on Norris, Sainz' outside chance on Max until it was clear Max had plenty more pace in him if needed). The strategy battles was interesting enough too and it's nice to have the championship fight back on track. Other than that, total crap.
Old 23 May 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4052990)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A typical Monaco snore fest, with even less passing than usual. The only points of interest were the things going wrong for a couple of teams. I gave it 4.
Old 23 May 2021, 22:40 (Ref:4052998)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
I gave it a 7! Generous? Maybe, certainly by my standards but there was great intrigue and a fair bit at stake for quite a few guys
Old 23 May 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4053008)   #15
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!
4 from me, because, well, Monaco but really not a particularly gripping race at all.

For sure the current large cars with aero wash and efficient traction don't help but it's still a bit special watching them all threading the needle.