Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you award the Monaco Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 2 5.13%
6 7 17.95%
5 8 20.51%
4 8 20.51%
3 5 12.82%
2 6 15.38%
1 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 May 2021, 01:39 (Ref:4053023)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me, not a lot of action but I still found being able to hear the cars and the track itself exciting.
Old 24 May 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4053042)   #17
Aysedasi
Racing goats.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A generous 4. I know it's Monaco, and we all 'love' Monaco, don't we..... But it is supposed to be a race, and that wasn't a race. Good to see Max get the win and a joy to see the lads on the podium with him. But that's about it.
Old 24 May 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4053067)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
5. Great to have Monaco back, but the usual big story happened before the race. Still it was nice to see a change to the norm at the front
Old 24 May 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4053087)   #19
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the biggest thing about a race is when a team fumbles in a pit stop, or makes a mistake *before* the race, the race it totally pointless!

3 points because at least that happened, and because I liked seeing Seb and Lando happy.

I listened to the commentators on Sky, and they said the race is totally static and then went on to say how they had missed it last year! What? I realized then that nobody in their right mind can miss a Monaco race, but what they were missing and loving is the idea of the Monte Carlo Grand Prix. Sadly, that is now a thing of the past, and it should be taken out into a dark alley and put out of its misery. Please, please, please can we just get rid of this travesty, and celebrate that idea in out minds?

Also, what is that Russian mobster's son doing in F1 again?
Old 24 May 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4053092)   #20
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
What? I realized then that nobody in their right mind can miss a Monaco race, but what they were missing and loving is the idea of the Monte Carlo Grand Prix. Sadly, that is now a thing of the past, and it should be taken out into a dark alley and put out of its misery. Please, please, please can we just get rid of this travesty, and celebrate that idea in out minds?
I do know what you mean by the 'idea' often giving the race more allure than is worth. But, honestly*, I'd watch Monaco every Sunday if it meant we could axe Sochi, Singapore and other Tilke bore-dromes.

*not complete honesty but, rather, a slight exaggeration to stress a point
Old 24 May 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4053096)   #21
Aysedasi
Racing goats.....
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The thought of having to watch Monaco every Sunday is bringing on one of my funny turns........
Old 24 May 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4053098)   #22
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The thought of having to watch Monaco every Sunday is bringing on one of my funny turns........
Apologies, the asterix was there for a reason simply to highlight my distaste for Tilkedromes. The calendar is littered with these abominations which I have much more difficulty sitting through than one yearly Monaco GP.
Old 24 May 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4053101)   #23
Aysedasi
Racing goats.....
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough. If it was me, I'd reinstate the old Spa...... but some things are more doable than others!
Old 24 May 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4053109)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Gave it 4 more because of the way the outcome opens up the championship than anything else - although seeing Lando and Carlos horsing around post-race was good

Nearest thing to an overtake battle was Vettel with Gasly as Vettel appeared from the pits (to Hamilton's dismay), but overall its only the sheer spectacle of seeing the drivers threading the needle in ever larger cars at (lest we forget) the highest ever average speed that makes it worth seeing - its scarcely a race in our usual terms.
Old 24 May 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4053126)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An unprecedented and uncharacteristically low 3 from me. Leclerc not starting really took the buzz out of it and then of course, there was little overtaking. Mazepin refused to spin, and the race director didn't show much onboard stuff, which is where a lot of the fun is at Monaco. Qualifying is usually more spectacular in terms of watching them on full chat, so the race lacked life. There were some interesting results and turns-up for the books (excellent podium finishes for Sainz and Norris and a really decent race by Vettel) and maybe a 4 would be more fair (as in a little below average), but I found it more uninspiring than usual and I still love Monaco, so if anything that would usually elevate my score by one regardless of the race. Somehow it fell short of expectations, though, in terms of satisfaction watching it, hence the slight disappointment and low score.

In hindsight, probably a little harsh. Maybe a 4 or a 5 would have been fairer, but I've voted now. Somehow, though, Monaco is usually a bit better than this for me.
Old 24 May 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4053132)   #26
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fair enough. If it was me, I'd reinstate the old Spa...... but some things are more doable than others!
Well, most of it are there. It would need to be resurfaced. And there is a pesky roundabout that they’d have to negotiate now.

We can dream.
Old 24 May 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4053133)   #27
Aysedasi
Racing goats.....
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Well, most of it are there. It would need to be resurfaced. And there is a pesky roundabout that they’d have to negotiate now.

We can dream.
Or just jump onto GPL......
Old 24 May 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4053140)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It was good to see spectators again but boy that was not a good race, gave it 2 but that was generous to be honest
Old 24 May 2021, 13:54 (Ref:4053147)   #29
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
I do know what you mean by the 'idea' often giving the race more allure than is worth. But, honestly*, I'd watch Monaco every Sunday if it meant we could axe Sochi, Singapore and other Tilke bore-dromes.

*not complete honesty but, rather, a slight exaggeration to stress a point

Well, I see your point. Those are terrible as well.

In a perfect world we would race at Sebring and those golden oldies.
Old 24 May 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4053184)   #30
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
I have quite a fetish for the old Hockenheim but that's as overgrown as.....(I'll stop there)