8 8 14.55%
9 4 7.27%
10 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2309725)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix of Japan

Rate Fuji...
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:24 (Ref:2309729)   #2
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why are there only 6 choices?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:25 (Ref:2309730)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What ?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:27 (Ref:2309733)   #4
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hmm, I had only 1-6 showing to me the first time i clicked on the thread.

Either way - Start was a 10 the rest was a 6-7 so i think an 8 is pretty fair.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:28 (Ref:2309734)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would say a 7. Hardly a snorting race (copyright James Allen), but interesting enough.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:29 (Ref:2309737)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kept me up. 7
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:30 (Ref:2309739)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*snigger*
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:50 (Ref:2309760)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
After the start and opening sequences it settled into much the same old story. A bit of tension, how would hamilton and massa fare after their penalyies but here we go again.... same old same old, even the penalties are becoming a common way of trying to provide interest.

I had more interesting things to do.
Rated it a 4
Old 12 Oct 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2309833)   #9
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give 4, Alonso faultless, Kubica struggled with a car going off the pace, Kimi asleep for most of it, LH? he has a problem said it before; it is in the garage, before the start whatever; Father Bear, never saw Shumi taking advice from any one on the line, focused, total. Maybe a mechanic a thumbs up, tap on the lid, others might not agree my view right or wrong from a long full time involvement in the game, distractions on the line not required. Massa's father is there, Kimi can blow both of them away when he presses the button and that is his decision no one else, trouble is he dose not press it often enough so it seems.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2309907)   #10
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 from me too.
Not a bad race, but ruined by the stewards again.
Some really good drives, some incident, even some overtaking so it was actually a good race. But stupid decisions from the FIA just ruin the whole thing I'm afraid.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2309970)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It was 7, but in light of the obvious issues arisen after the finish of the "race" it is obviously now a 1. In fact, it was not really a "race" at all was it?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2310024)   #12
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm rating it 1. It was ok, up until the point it was ruined by the FIA's ridiculous penalties against non-Ferrari drivers.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2310051)   #13
Tehillim
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tehillim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, loved the scrap between Raikkonen and Kubica, but the stewarding decisions left a bad taste in the mouth.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2310138)   #14
Karr
Rookie

Karr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commentators sound very tired, here in Aus, go Fernando.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2310147)   #15
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting race but ruined by FIA stupidity. Entertainment value was seven but I will not vote due to the absence of a zero option.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2310151)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7, for it was a lightly entertaining romp.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2310162)   #17
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 from me too.. Stewards again ruined the race and the result. When that happens, what happens on track doesn't matter anymore
Old 12 Oct 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2310236)   #18
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i rated it at a five after deducting for all the penalties. otherwise, i would have rated it at eight with all the action going on throughout the race.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 19:44 (Ref:2310435)   #19
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Start was intersting, sounded interesting on the radio, but i got a bit bored after a while and turned to radio 1 for some music.

the stupid penalties, i thought things had changed for the better in the previous two gp's and the Massa penalty

It will have to be a 5
Old 12 Oct 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2310489)   #20
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'll give it 6 for keeping me awake. However when are the powers that be going to let the guys race ? Anyway I understand to cut costs and show how green they can be next year,they are actually not going to use cars at all, its all going to be carried out on a bank of PlayStation's by the drivers watched by a panel of judges in one of the mobile gin palace's !
Expect to see a lot of new drivers aged under 10 signed up for next year !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Oct 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2310497)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It was pretty drawn out and uninspiring for the most part, I think. It was bouyed by the continued presence of non-Ferrari/Mclaren cars leading the race. I would have much prefered red ones at the front from a selfish perspective, but having Renault and BMW certainly added to things from a more objective stance.

It could've been better, but could've been worse. I'll go on the better of side of normal and dish out a 6.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2310592)   #22
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was heading for a 5 until the FIA came to Massa's rescue post race again.

I voted the same as Spa
Old 13 Oct 2008, 00:25 (Ref:2310635)   #23
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i thoroughly enjoyed the race, and for being dry, was plenty of wheel to wheel racing and overtaking.

bourdais penalty was completely rediculous. Massa's penalty was fair for t-boning hamilton. And the ferrari mechanics reaction to pump fists in enjoyment at spinning their opposition was pretty ordinary... didnt think hamilton would get a penalty for the start line incident, but was probably warranted.

really disappointed with the coverage. Webber passed 8 people in his first stint coming from the absolute back of the grid after the 1st corner to 10th, and none of it was shown. Plus, Button had a great start, but got passed by just about everyone and we never saw it. There seemed to be much action going in the midfield / back that we never saw. Would be good if next year, the commentators can shed some light on something other than just what hamilton & mclaren are doing...

anyway, alonso winning the race on dry pace, and many other very strong drives made it an entertaining race for me. 8.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2310829)   #24
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 4 really and only because Hamilton and Massa through their toys out of the pram.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2311322)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lot's happening but not on merit if you know what I mean.

The only really interesting thing, other than Renault's fine form, was the slightly random penal's being dished out again and those poor Honda's lumbering about like albatrosses!!!