Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2514992)   #26
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wish that Mclaren Can-Am car was running!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2515949)   #27
topcats racing paul.
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford England
topcats racing paul. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Topcats racing at Zolder

Hi all,

First post...I looks like we (Topcats Racing) will be doing the Zolder 24h this year with our Mosler and hopfully one of our Marcos.
So come along and give us your support.

Looking forward to it you can't beat 24h racing.....love it!

Paul.

PS We are out at Castle Combe this weekend 8th-9th Britcar Race.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2515968)   #28
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The first 17 cars have appeared on the Entry list now.

@Topcats: Good news, I love Marcoses!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2515976)   #29
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kuismanen is apparently partnering up with Duncan Huisman, Erik Behrens and Karl Hansenbichler for this race.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2516035)   #30
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Kuismanen is apparently partnering up with Duncan Huisman, Erik Behrens and Karl Hansenbichler for this race.
...in the Viper!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2516261)   #31
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
...in the Viper!
A GTS-R or CC?

Edit: Just seen on the link that it's a GTS-R. Great stuff!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2516294)   #32
Speed-King
Veteran

Another Viper GTS-R has been added for AD Sport, as well as a second (the first being from Prospeed) 996 RSR for MPM by Verbist!

Sounds good!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 01:26 (Ref:2516543)   #33
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...in the Viper!
Fun and old-school, but probably a waste of Duncan Huisman, and Matech proved at Spa that the Ford GT can be a 24-hour car if you leave it with the pros and don't let Swiss journalists drive it off the road.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2519177)   #34
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcats racing paul. View Post
Hi all,

First post...I looks like we (Topcats Racing) will be doing the Zolder 24h this year with our Mosler and hopfully one of our Marcos.
So come along and give us your support.

Looking forward to it you can't beat 24h racing.....love it!

Paul.

PS We are out at Castle Combe this weekend 8th-9th Britcar Race.
Good one Paul! And ofcourse a warm wellcome to 10tenths mate .

We will be there. Me and me girl plus two of our good friends from blighty.
How much bhp you reckon the Mosler will be mustering? Will you do anything to the exhausts? Since there's no noise limit at the Zolder 24...
Old 10 Aug 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2519181)   #35
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
How much bhp you reckon the Mosler will be mustering?
Nevermind,just checked your site. I see it's restricted to 505? That's strange. Isn't the GT3 Gallardo running with something in the 560 bracket?
A weight handicap?
Old 11 Aug 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2519313)   #36
topcats racing paul.
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford England
24h

Quote:
Nevermind,just checked your site. I see it's restricted to 505? That's strange. Isn't the GT3 Gallardo running with something in the 560 bracket?
A weight handicap?
Hi,
The car is set to Britcar power/weight regulations

We have a few options with exhausts, if there is no noise restrictions we will run the straight through pipes (we used at Spa last month) these give out about 110db, or we can use our other system 102db.

Other news we will only be racing the Mosler and not the Marcos at the 24h as we have a Britcar Race at Snetterton the week after and the Marcos is doing rather well in the championship.

Please come and say hello to us, we are a friendly bunch.

Paul.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2519629)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Fairly big entry list update today: Topcats Mosler, Euser Marcos and BMW 120d, Veerschur Megane Trophy and two Clios.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2519684)   #38
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Fairly big entry list update today: Topcats Mosler, Euser Marcos and BMW 120d, Veerschur Megane Trophy and two Clios.
Silly question, I'm sure but is the Euser Marcos the same one he raced 10 years ago?

Good luck at the race Topcats.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2519831)   #39
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Silly question, I'm sure but is the Euser Marcos the same one he raced 10 years ago?

Good luck at the race Topcats.
Alas, it won't be the famous LM600...I hope it will be, but I think it'll be the same one he uses for the Dutch Supercar Challenge.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2519833)   #40
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcats racing paul. View Post
Hi,
The car is set to Britcar power/weight regulations

We have a few options with exhausts, if there is no noise restrictions we will run the straight through pipes (we used at Spa last month) these give out about 110db, or we can use our other system 102db.

Other news we will only be racing the Mosler and not the Marcos at the 24h as we have a Britcar Race at Snetterton the week after and the Marcos is doing rather well in the championship.

Please come and say hello to us, we are a friendly bunch.

Paul.
Thanks for the invite mate. We'll definetly come and share you some of our luck .

What do you reckon your chances will be?
Old 12 Aug 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2520004)   #41
topcats racing paul.
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford England
Hi,

IF (that's a big IF) we finish I would hope to be in the top 5, The car is capable of winning, our drivers are all "gentleman drivers" but with lots of experience of 24h racing.
You need lots of luck to win a 24h race.............
lets hope its with Topcats racing

We have a page on Facebook if you want to know more, Just look up Topcats Racing.

Paul.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2522107)   #42
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
How typical is this,we're only one week away from the start of this quite big event and the thread has been all about forgotten basically.
Are any of the 10tenners going,apart from me and Paul from Topcat Racing?
Old 16 Aug 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2522113)   #43
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alas, it won't be the famous LM600...I hope it will be, but I think it'll be the same one he uses for the Dutch Supercar Challenge.
He's raced the LM600 as well in the DSC this year - I should know, I saw it at Rockingham.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2522118)   #44
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWX View Post
He's raced the LM600 as well in the DSC this year - I should know, I saw it at Rockingham.
Well mate,I really do hope he's bringing her here as well. After all,it is one of the most evocative GT's ever !
Old 16 Aug 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2522211)   #45
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
How typical is this,we're only one week away from the start of this quite big event and the thread has been all about forgotten basically.
Are any of the 10tenners going,apart from me and Paul from Topcat Racing?
I'll be there with a few friends as well.

I hope we'll get a few more cars on the entry, they promised around 40 cars, but right now it's only at 32 with Mr. TBA as the sole driver in quite a few of them.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2522249)   #46
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The hiatus in FIA GT in August is helping the entry list a bit but it seems more of a Belgian/Dutch affair mostly with a few Germans thrown in. Can't expect much with our current economic situation.

The classes remind me of the Nurburgring 24 hours. The cars go up to GT3-equivalent? But then there's a few Viper GTS-Rs
Old 16 Aug 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2522260)   #47
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
The hiatus in FIA GT in August is helping the entry list a bit but it seems more of a Belgian/Dutch affair mostly with a few Germans thrown in. Can't expect much with our current economic situation.

The classes remind me of the Nurburgring 24 hours. The cars go up to GT3-equivalent? But then there's a few Viper GTS-Rs
OK, I'l try to explain it - and this will probably include another of my anti-GT3-rants - but anyway:
Belgian GT, or Belcar as it was known until a few years ago, was quite a disaster this year and already in a bit of trouble the year before. The GT3-rules had brought the series some good competition in the first two years, but they had failed to produce the 40+ car fields the series had been known for before and afaik spectator numbers had also declined. Earlier this year SRO sold the rights to promote the series to the organizers of the rival Dunlop Endurance Cup (A series with mixed GT and Touring Car fields) and the Belgian Touring Car Series.
For next year their plan is to have but one series for touring cars and GTs, each with an "Open" philosophy. But as a stop gap for the 24hours, which would've otherwise looked at at 20 car field they decided to open the race for cars from all classes of the three series. And that's why there are all those classes and vastly different cars. Some classes have no cars in them, though, so it's not really a 12 class race.

For another forum, using displacement and laptimes as criteria, I organized the cars into 6 classes, i.e. the system Belcar used before 2000:
Quote:
Entrylist Oldschool
GT1 (3)

Kuismanen Competition*
Chrysler Viper GTS-R (Divisie 4F – Klasse 1)

AD Sport (#14)
Chrysler Viper GTS-R (Divisie 4F – Klasse 1)

AD Sport (#TBN)
Porsche 996 Biturbo (Divisie 4F – Klasse 1)

GT2 (13)
(#60)ProSpeed Competition
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (Divisie 4G – Klasse 2) *

McDonald's Racing Team (#217)
Porsche 996 GT3 RS ()

MPM Racing by Verbist (#TBN)
Porsche 996 GT3 RSR (TBN)

Scuderia Monza (#2)
Dodge Viper Competition Coupé (Divisie I)

Delahaye Francorchamps Motors Racing Team (#3)
Ferrari F430 GT3 (Divisie I)

KRK Racing (#4)
Dodge Viper Competition Coupé (Divisie I) *

JD by KS Motorsport (#5)
Lamborghini Gallardo (Divisie I)

VDS Racing Adventures (#16)
Ford Mustang FR500 GT3 (Divisie I)

First Motorsport (#50)
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup S (Divisie I) *

Accent Racing Team (#69)
Dodge Viper Competition Coupé (Divisie I)

Topcats Racing (#TBN)
Mosler MT 900 (TBN)

Cor Euser (#TBN)
Marcos Mantis (TBN)

Speedlover (#TBN)
Porsche 997 GT3 Cup (TBN)

GT3 (3)

AD Sport (#TBN)
Porsche 964 (Divisie 4G – Klasse 2)

VDS Racing Adventures (#117)
Mustang GT4 (Divisie II)

First Motorsport (#150)
Porsche 997 GT4 (Divisie II)

T1 (4)
Delahaye Racing (#6)
Renault Mégane Trophy (Divisie 4A – Klasse S1) *

Equipe Verschuur (#11)
Renault Mégane Trophy (TBN)

KS Motorsport (#21)
BMW M3 Silhouette (Divisie 4A – Klasse S1) *

KS Motorsport (#22)
BMW M3 Silhouette (Divisie 4A – Klasse S1) *

T2 (6)

Moore International Motorsport (#7)
BMW M3 GTR (Divisie 4H – Klasse 3)

MTE Racing (#23)
Opel Astra Silhouette (Divisie 4B – Klasse S2)

Ostend Racing (#33)
BMW M3 GT (TBN)

Signa Motorsport (#TBN)
Seat Leon Cupra (Divisie 4D – Klasse T3)

Recy Racing Team (#TBN)
BMW 120 Diesel (Divisie 4H – Klasse 3)

Cor Euser (#TBN)
BMW 120 Diesel (TBN)

T3 (3)

BRV (#TBN)
Renault Clio (TBN)

Gabriël Racing (#TBN)
Renault Clio (TBN)

Rudolph Racing (#TBN)
Renault Clio (TBN)

Old 17 Aug 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2522906)   #48
Speed-King
Veteran

Only 29 cars on the entry list now. The Euser Marcos and BMW are gone, as is the AD Porsche 964
Old 17 Aug 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2523139)   #49
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Thanks for the explanation. A bit easier to understand now!

Shame about the Marcos. It's a tale of survival this season everywhere. And it's still good to see quite a few entries at the different races. Bolds well for when the economy recovers.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2523420)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
No Marcos , thats a shame.