Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Mar 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2839258)   #1
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Racing

Without starting a new thread, anyone going to The Masters event at Oulton on 12th March? I'm hoping to go across for the day, just wondered if many Tenthers were going?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2839264)   #2
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Claire Smith and I are on the clerking team, thanks to the kind hospitality of MSVR who are the permit holding club. ....... but I expect Gary, you meant proper people with proper cars?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2839269)   #3
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Claire Smith and I are on the clerking team, thanks to the kind hospitality of MSVR who are the permit holding club. ....... but I expect Gary, you meant proper people with proper cars?
No John, I was just thinking of the regular contributors to the 'historic' threads on 10-Tenths, not classed by car-type (if so, I don't think my 'BMW'-Mini will get me far up the scale).

Although I've been to Master's events before it's only been in a time-keeping capacity but I'm not working that day so will have camera in-hand. Looking forward to it. (Also considering a trip south to the 360 as well).
Old 3 Mar 2011, 01:39 (Ref:2839419)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
As its my local circuit, I'm thinking of going along to marshal - can't afford to race this year, so might as well try to get my fix on the bank......
Old 3 Mar 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2839443)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masters Racing

The opening Masters Racing event for 2011
Old 3 Mar 2011, 05:40 (Ref:2839447)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Have fun everyone- whether with cars, flags, cameras or clerks hats. Sadly won't be there with anything, which is a shame as really enjoyed first visits to Oulton last year.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 08:57 (Ref:2839497)   #7
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're taking our new Alfa Giulia Super up for it's first outing in the Top Hat race - more of a test really......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0628.JPG  
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2839597)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I recognize that car Ben!! Good to see it back in the UK
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2839598)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
We're taking our new Alfa Giulia Super up for it's first outing in the Top Hat race - more of a test really......

OOOOOOOOH!

That so makes me want to rush off to the unit and start work on one of the Giulias I've got buried there......

But I need to move about six other cars before I can get anywhere near it....
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2839600)   #10
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I recognize that car Ben!! Good to see it back in the UK
I believe it once belonged to a legen of the historic racing scene before it's sojourn abroad................will you be at Oulton?
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2839601)   #11
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
OOOOOOOOH!

That so makes me want to rush off to the unit and start work on one of the Giulias I've got buried there......

But I need to move about six other cars before I can get anywhere near it....
get them moving!! They're such a nice little car.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2839605)   #12
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post

Im looking forward to this, have never been to OP so will be my first time clerking there.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2839625)   #13
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
If anyone gets a spare ticket (or two) please let me know. Taking my son for his birthday treat - even though he will be 26 - trying to get him interested in historic racing! Thanks, Gary.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2839750)   #14
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have done a deal to drive the ex-Masten Gregory McLaren Mk2 (ex Julian Bronson). The idea is to do the Masters Series and the HSCC race end August at Oulton. I actually saw this car race in the Can Am at St Jovite and Mosport back in 1966 and it is amazing to have the chance to drive it myself. I don't think Oulton Park in the middle of March is quite the ideal place to start off but we just have to do what we can! I tested it at Silverstone last week on a damp track and it was interesting while it lasted (there was a minor incident with an oil pipe breaking, which curtailed things just as it was drying out!).
I look forward to seeing anybody going there!
All the best
Marcus
Old 3 Mar 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2839774)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
have never been to OP so will be my first time clerking there.
Don't worry - just speak slowly & we'll probably understand most of what you're saying!
Old 3 Mar 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2839776)   #16
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Don't worry - just speak slowly & we'll probably understand most of what you're saying!
lol...have you heard me speak...Im from Essex...have you seen "The Only way is Essex"
Old 3 Mar 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2839783)   #17
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Claire doesn't speak slowly so....... No you won't
Old 3 Mar 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2839784)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well stand by!!! as Jim is muttering about taking the Westminster. Will know tomorrow. If I go, Gazza should be able to sort out ticket.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2839786)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
lol...have you heard me speak...
Yes!
Old 4 Mar 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2840154)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
lol...have you heard me speak...Im from Essex...have you seen "The Only way is Essex"
Nah, lass, tha's nah need to fret, since we got that new-fangled TV up 'ere, we've got used to t'furrin langwidges like "Essex" .......nowt to worry abaht - we'll soon learn thi Lanky.......
Old 4 Mar 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2840239)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You learn something new every day!
Old 4 Mar 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2840278)   #22
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well stand by!!! as Jim is muttering about taking the Westminster. Will know tomorrow. If I go, Gazza should be able to sort out ticket.
Thanks Iain, fingers crossed.

Anyone seen an entry list yet - nothing on the Masters site?
Old 4 Mar 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2840282)   #23
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Anyone seen an entry list yet - nothing on the Masters site?
That's because the entries are still coming in! It would help if entrants didn't leave it all to the last minute...... but they'll never change.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2840292)   #24
Yorkie 'S'
Rookie

England
Leeds
Yorkie 'S' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYorkie 'S' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters don't seem to publish entry lists, however if you go to the MSV (Oulton Park) web site they migh have an entry list online in the middle of next week sometime.

http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk...op-hat-op.aspx

If I recall you can keep an eye out on the "Line Up" tab
Old 5 Mar 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2840470)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Yes I've been checking the MSV site as well.

It's just a continuing annoyance to me (and many other spectators) that organising clubs etc seem reluctant to publish provisional lists (or even numbers entered). Even say a couple of weeks away would help so that you can assess the level of entries / competition etc.

I know that organisers will have very valid reasons for not wanting to do so and get problems of late entries as mentioned above and that drivers / teams have similarly valid reasons for late entries but from a spectators point of view it is always disappointing. Having said that, maybe a lot of events aren't run for the benefit of spectators and that as attendance can be relatively low their needs / views are a lower priority? (Lights blue touch-paper and retires).

'Minor rant' over, time to walk the dog.