Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Feb 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3370330)   #2251
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It was such a shame to see such leading contenders such as Scud, Clearwater and the Nismo GTR go out early in the race. But even in the absence of those strong cars the race was still awesome. I dearly hope all three teams return next year.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3370495)   #2252
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So is it time for a kangaroo cull.

some thought in Bathurst that maybe it is
Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3370505)   #2253
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the race's point of view it's pointless doing it now and now it's rained the roos will move back further from town as there will be green pick for them back in the scrub, so it's a knee jerk reaction, which is why it's being fought by members of the local council.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3370511)   #2254
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so is next January the time? (or maybe September for the 1000km)
Old 20 Feb 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3370550)   #2255
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ff s conscience

I read your post on the accident and lead up to Bathurst where you stated Tony didn't even drive the circuit beforehand.

Can you explain why he did not drive the circuit in a road car prior to practice ?

From your updates prior to the event it would appear you left no stone unturned with the preperation.

From looking at the one video I saw (in car) Tony was stradling the racing line and not going real fast.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 23:19 (Ref:3370557)   #2256
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think the 12 hour promoter getting involved in plans for Kangaroo culls is a good move.

Leave it to the council or CAMS.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 01:25 (Ref:3370569)   #2257
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so is next January the time? (or maybe September for the 1000km)
Well if you want to make the racetrack clear of Kangaroos, right up to start time is the only way, kangaroos not being into car racing don't know it's on so may wander in for a feed at any time. If you can come up with a 100 % foolproof way of getting rid of them please let the grain farmers of NSW know, Im sure they would be interested. The roos are looking for food, remove the feed, reduce the roos.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3370571)   #2258
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
ff s conscience

I read your post on the accident and lead up to Bathurst where you stated Tony didn't even drive the circuit beforehand.

Can you explain why he did not drive the circuit in a road car prior to practice ?

From your updates prior to the event it would appear you left no stone unturned with the preperation.

From looking at the one video I saw (in car) Tony was stradling the racing line and not going real fast.

Thanks in advance.

He had no opportunity to drive it, he's a busy guy and the circuit was being resurfaced at the time we decided we'd enter.

At the event itself, again, logistics and other engagements meant no opportunity.

He bought a simulator, so was familiar with direction.

The half lap he did was behing Garth Walden in a cupS. He maintained a gap to him, which was a very sensible strategy for a first ever lap.

His line was a perfectly natural humans instinctive first ever lap, at that pace. Just a sighting lap to check his way around also considering NOBODY knew what mess awaited at the scene of the red flag immediately prior to stoppage.

Once he saw the Ferrari attempting to pass, he made efforts to make it easy and quick. Possibly even thinking he'd prefer to follow it rather than the Porsche.

So, any criticism aimed at Tony for his out lap, applied equally to Garth Waldens lap too. And we all know Garth is a seasoned campaigner and drives superbly.

Wyatts move on Tony was a little over done, he gave a little too much room, but what the hell was Fiore thinking..... Out lap, red flag, practice 1, gent drivers, rookies, Bathurst, 12 hours...
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3370578)   #2259
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
has there been any vision or statements released from the other 2 pilots/teams involved?
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3370583)   #2260
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fiore hasn't had a hell of a lot of practice at overtaking over the last few years.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3370598)   #2261
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post

Wyatts move on Tony was a little over done, he gave a little too much room, but what the hell was Fiore thinking..... Out lap, red flag, practice 1, gent drivers, rookies, Bathurst, 12 hours...
Maybe Wyatt gave a little more room because Tony was a rookie on his out lap? Either way, I don't think Tony could be held at fault at all, nor Wyatt..... it's just a massive shame that neither car made the race in the end.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3370605)   #2262
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
has there been any vision or statements released from the other 2 pilots/teams involved?
Nothing released.

I've put wyatts and Fiores footage on my facebook, but I don't friend people I don't know, generally, so you may not be able to see it.

Wyatt was very apologetic, unnecessarily so, but equally gutted for himself of course. He too was innocent.

On his footage, he doesn't appear to make much of a mirror check, unlike Tony who does at least 3 mirror checks, but of course, the Wyatt car has a rear facing tv camera on the dash, and you really don't need to move your head around to know what's behind you.

Fiore and his crew think they are not at fault, and blame Wyatt in the majority, while admitting maybe Fiore could have been more patient, but that's as far as it went.

Fiore had several inches of clear track to his left, then the wide white line, then another 1.5m of bitumen before the wall..... he could have given ~2m more room to Wyatt, but he misjudged his own speed and that of Wyatt, and then appeared to actually begin going back to collect the race line approaching McPhillamy, when he wasn't past Wyatt yet.

stewards deemed it a "racing incident", so no more need be done.

Other than stew.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 07:29 (Ref:3370607)   #2263
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Fiore hasn't had a hell of a lot of practice at overtaking over the last few years.
Hahaha
Old 21 Feb 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3370776)   #2264
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We were standing at Murrays Corner on one of the sessions of which I can't recall. They would all come barrelling past up to 3 wide and within a lap the red flag. Restart would happen and exactly the same thing occurred. You had every single car on maybe 15% of the track at the start of each session.

Why the crew chiefs would just release their cars slowly onto the track I do not understand.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3370845)   #2265
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Race highlights from this year are on Speedweek on SBS tomorrow from 2pm. It'll be somewhere between 2 and 4 so if a bunch of flat brims going sideways comes on at 2, don't stress, it be on after them
Old 1 Mar 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3373560)   #2266
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Jamie Whincup is the best V8 driver of all time, we can ALL agree with that.

glad the V8's are back, waaaaaaaaay better than the B12 that's for sure.
No comment, its makes people cry. However was defiantly a great race,
Nearly 80,000 people and the whole race live on TV for the next 6 years
Old 1 Mar 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3373569)   #2267
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
No comment, its makes people cry. However was defiantly a great race,
Nearly 80,000 people and the whole race live on TV for the next 6 years
there was more people that attended today then the whole history of the B12 Hour race

it was awesome, McLaughlin made this race, and suckd in to Van Gis bergen, was laughing hard out when he tried to overtake someone and got spun himself. bring on tomorrow! Scotty to win it.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3373578)   #2268
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Jamie Whincup is the best V8 driver of all time, we can ALL agree with that.

glad the V8's are back, waaaaaaaaay better than the B12 that's for sure.

Trolls gonna troll
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3373773)   #2269
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
there was more people that attended today then the whole history of the B12 Hour race
After only three years the B12hr is already well on it's way to becoming Australia's premier motorsport event.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3373774)   #2270
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
After only three years the B12hr is already well on it's way to becoming Australia's premier motorsport event.
Ha ha, nice trolling. 12 hour is for amatuers
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3373775)   #2271
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Ha ha, nice trolling. 12 hour is for amatuers
There's no motorsport in Oz that can go anywhere near the 12hr........and that's after only three years.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3373781)   #2272
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
There's no motorsport in Oz that can go anywhere near the 12hr........and that's after only three years.
for a start its been going 8 (and 4 with GT). So I, probably thinking the rest of your comment is ill informed also.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3373783)   #2273
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

it was awesome, McLaughlin made this race, and suckd in to Van Gis bergen, was laughing hard out when he tried to overtake someone and got spun himself. bring on tomorrow! Scotty to win it.
That was quite funny, I liked that.
OK, I'll bite
Just goes to show that more bogan morons are prepared to watch a sprint race with all the same cars, that took till the last lap for something exciting to happen. I'm guessing you are a nascar fan as well.
Listen, young fella ......It actually takes someone with an attention span longer than a goldfish, to follow all the nuances of an endurance race. When you're old enough to tell the difference between real race cars, and appreciate how many great subplots, turns and twists this years Bathurst 12H had, you may be able to appreciate the event more. But until then, you are better off staying in your comfort zone, sitting in your fold-up chair, with your blue floppy hat on.
I'll go and have a cup of tea and a lie down now.

Last edited by porsche91722; 1 Mar 2014 at 21:55.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3373787)   #2274
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
That was quite funny, I liked that.
OK, I'll bight
Just goes to show that more bogan morons are prepared to watch a sprint race with all the same cars, that took till the last lap for something exciting to happen. I'm guessing you are a nascar fan as well.
Listen, young fella ......It actually takes someone with an attention span longer than a goldfish, to follow all the nuances of an endurance race. When you're old enough to tell the difference between real race cars, and appreciate how many great subplots, turns and twists this years Bathurst 12H had, you may be able to appreciate the event more. But until then, you are better off staying in your comfort zone, sitting in your fold-up chair, with your blue floppy hat on.
I'll go and have a cup of tea and a lie down now.
Ha ha, you forgot that it didnt take a safety car with ten minutes to go to make it interesting either.

Last edited by peckstar; 1 Mar 2014 at 22:10.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3373788)   #2275
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FFS, take it somewhere else! This tit for tat trolling crap going on in threads at the moment is getting tiring.

I want to click on the B12hr / Aus GT and V8SC threads and enjoy reading discussion relating to that. Not appendage measuring, mines better than yours stuff...

Time for the mods to get tough I think, it's ruining a once great forum.

Or maybe it's just me? A rare bred that can enjoy most if not all categories?