Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 May 2000, 18:21 (Ref:2661)   #1
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Bowman prepared 306's walking away from the rest of the field in the NSC, and BTCC's class B, you have to wonder what magic they're sprinkling on their cars, and whether the other teams can do anything about it. Simon Harrison is starting to impress in the Focus but, like the TVR in GT's, it always seems to blow up before the end.

If Bowman were offered the opportunity to run a front-line BTCC team, I wonder how they'd get on ?
Old 23 May 2000, 23:09 (Ref:2664)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always got the impression that Vic Lee used to push the rules to the limits.. his cars were always very quick!

But those 306's have had a couple years of development now, and perhaps the other teams have to catch up in terms of being more professional and car development..

After seeing the races on the TV, I really think this is now the way forward, as the action is just like the early 90's BTCC races with lots of drama etc... Just keep those bloody wings off!!!
Old 23 May 2000, 23:56 (Ref:2665)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

Yup, after attending several NSC events this year, I have to say that I think we're all in agrrement that it's better than the BTCC (shame that the same's not applicable for the overall PowerTour vs TOCA package..,)

I think that BMP's proposed Super Touring 92 or whatever it's called sounds a great idea (just what we've been saying on this forum for the past 18 months...!)

I hope that Bowman are in the BTCC full-time soon - whatever the new rules are - they always bring some fun to the proceedings.
Old 24 May 2000, 06:53 (Ref:2662)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure completely.... but does Vic Lee run Bowman Motorsport???

If he does, he's already won the BTCC with Tim Harvey in a BMW (remember the Listerene one??) may have been 1992.

Vic Lee got sent down for smuggling drugs in the fuel tanks of his race cars, but is now back on the scene...

Although, i could be wrong about his involvement, I did see him at Brands.....
Old 24 May 2000, 10:17 (Ref:2663)   #5
fatbloke
Veteran

You're correct about Vic Lee being involved in the team - I used to be a fan of his bimmers way back when...!

The only thing which would worry me if I were a manufacturer (apart from the regular trips to Zandvoort... ) would be the level of competition in the NSC - surely it is a lot less competitive than the BTCC ?