Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Nov 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4018207)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Unfortunately I don't think that the comparison of ICE powered racing with horses and sail boats is the same. Both were replaced because the new form of propulsion was more efficient/more powerful, so they could continue to be used for sport & recreation. ICE are being replaced/phased out because they're dirty/bad for the environment/using up unrenewable resources etc. It think that politically there will be a lot of opposition if they are used (basically) as rich peoples playthings. As a life-long petrol head this makes me very sad, but being in my mid-sixties now, when it does finally stop, hopefully I will have plenty of memories of how it used to be (if my memory still works!).
ICEs can be run with renewable fuels as well, though.