Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Nov 2016, 10:07 (Ref:3689907)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rejo Mk 6 - Info required

I've received the following request from our friends at the HSCC:-

'We’ve had an enquiry from someone who is restoring a Rejo Mk6 and would like to talk to someone about rear uprights / who knows relevant information about Lolas. Would you be able to suggest anyone?'

Can anyone help here, please? I didn't even know the Rejo used Lola parts!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 21 Nov 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3689931)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was it the Rejo that was a Dutch version of a Lola? If so James Wood should be able to help.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 20:20 (Ref:3690027)   #3
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it helps, Jamie McIntyre ran one a few years ago. Unfortunately I have no further details other than on track pictures.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 09:02 (Ref:3690148)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seem to recall that the Rejo is in fact a Belgian version of the Lola. I am sure that there are those who know about them, and I recall talking to James Wood about them some years ago, when he either raced one or was involved with someone who did. Probably the VSCC would be a good port of call for contacts, as they often appeared at their events.

If I can help drop me a pm.

Bob.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3690264)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Interesting reading http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ar...ory-rejo-times from 1987
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Nov 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3690480)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks all; will pass this on
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Nov 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3690593)   #7
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I seem to recall that the Rejo is in fact a Belgian version of the Lola. I am sure that there are those who know about them, and I recall talking to James Wood about them some years ago, when he either raced one or was involved with someone who did. Probably the VSCC would be a good port of call for contacts, as they often appeared at their events.

If I can help drop me a pm.

Bob.
I think the Rejo was British (built by Rod Easterling), are you confusing it with the Widi which was a copy of a Lola Mark 1 made by Willie Widar?
Old 23 Nov 2016, 22:04 (Ref:3690608)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
I think the Rejo was British (built by Rod Easterling), are you confusing it with the Widi which was a copy of a Lola Mark 1 made by Willie Widar?
Thanks for that Peter, I was not sure about the Rejo, but could not call to mind the Widi, which is the marque I was thinking of.

I'll go back to sleep now.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3692007)   #9
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely correct, don't recall Mk. 6 but Mk 4 another story, McIntyre car went to Simon Edwards 9/10 years ownership, then to USA in 2015
Old 29 Nov 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3692236)   #10
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This gives some info. about the Mark 6

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ar...ory-rejo-times

Apparently Rejo Mk 4 used some Elva parts, so it's possible that the Mk 6 did as well, might be worth asking Roger Dunbar of elva.com if he knows?
Old 4 Dec 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3693497)   #11
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Apparently Rejo Mk 4 used some Elva parts, so it's possible that the Mk 6 did as well, might be worth asking Roger Dunbar of elva.com if he knows?
Rear uprights are, standard (pun?) Triumph front end, including screw it in and out steering, unless modified a la Chevron in an effort to get the car to point in the direction of intended travel.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3693504)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It always made me smile that in the day most "bitza" sports and race cars used Herald suspension parts when the actual car itself was not the best at handling, now I wonder why the rear swing axle wasn't used as well !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Dec 2016, 09:43 (Ref:3693507)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:

Did you not see no 5 in this thread ?
Old 6 Dec 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3694216)   #14
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Did you not see no 5 in this thread ?
Nope, completely missed that but have just got a much larger screen for the computer so might be able to read things now

BTW did you get my cheque - sent it to the Lagos address and didn't hear back, was expecting to hear that there were some unforeseen extra costs...
Old 6 Dec 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3694302)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Nope, completely missed that but have just got a much larger screen for the computer so might be able to read things now

BTW did you get my cheque - sent it to the Lagos address and didn't hear back, was expecting to hear that there were some unforeseen extra costs...
Yes the cheque arrived but you forgot to supply me with your bank details and security number for the credit card, please send it as soon as possible so that I can send you the fortune that has been locked in the bank for the last 20 years.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3694336)   #16
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
Quote:
Yes the cheque arrived but you forgot to supply me with your bank details and security number for the credit card, please send it as soon as possible so that I can send you the fortune that has been locked in the bank for the last 20 years.
Apparently you don't need them (according to the news) - just try enough guesses and you receive your well earned funds.
Unlike passwords they don't limit the number of guesses!

Back to another reply, one might wonder why converting a solid beam Ford axle into a swing axle was a great improvement (as per my winter project), combining that with a Herald rear end could be highly amusing!
Old 7 Dec 2016, 09:59 (Ref:3694449)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Me being just a lad, can someone explain what a cheque is, please?
Old 7 Dec 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3694463)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Old 7 Dec 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3694518)   #19
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
To get this back on topic (my fault) I think we can assume the Rejo would have used someone else's rear uprights, the question is who's - my guess is Elva but it's only a guess.
It might help if we had some photos of what is there or an idea of the dimensions.

At the end of the day, as long as it turns up with something period looking I don't think anyone will notice/complain - especially if he avoids going too quick!
Assuming it didn't do any International events in period there's no need to keep the FIA happy, so incontrovertible certified photographic period evidence should not be needed.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3864794)   #20
Sperry_22
Rookie

Sperry_22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rejo - Uprights And further Info

Hi all
I have only just enrolled onto the Tentenths site and noticed this thread from a year or two ago. I may far to late to offer any help on this but it's worth mentioning that my Dad originally build one of the few Rejo's that raced in the late 50's early 60's. He still remembers all about the build and what went into it. I shall see if I can get details of the rear end and what was used at the time.
I think his car was Jamie McIntyre car but hard to be sure as there were no clear records. My dad gave him the original log book that he still had so it is now with that car.

Hope someone reads this

Tim O'Sullivan
Old 23 Nov 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3865214)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Warm welcome, Tim. Any info. is always appreciated.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3865700)   #22
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The late Roger Ealand raced one in the 1980s. Possibly also David Methley?
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3871779)   #23
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
It always made me smile that in the day most "bitza" sports and race cars used Herald suspension parts when the actual car itself was not the best at handling, now I wonder why the rear swing axle wasn't used as well !!!!
Even with a shortened spring!! one I had dealings with had a nasty habit of the rear end swopping for the front twice in a corner and usually not on any of the four wheels at the time, happy day's
Old 1 Feb 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3881179)   #24
Yerbs
Rookie

Yerbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rego mk6 info required

Hi-I would like to contact the guy asking for info on the Rejo mk6. My hobby is making 1/32nd scale slot bodies and I would love to find out the measurements for the Rejo so I can make a 1/32nd slot car body. Any help would be appreciated