Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 May 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2208347)   #276
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is great! It looks as if we have another closed top lightning bolt on our hands!
Old 21 May 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2208569)   #277
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88
Man that car is really getting better evrytime I see it. A perfect livery would finish this car.
Anyone with any clues on what it will look like?
Old 21 May 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2208572)   #278
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You mean livery or what ?
Old 21 May 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2208581)   #279
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will it have one???

Anyway I knew this was gonna be quick - been saying it since last year. I think it could get amongst the six oil burners in Qualifying, the trick you see is the cars aero - its probably the most advanced car out there. Furyusha is one of the best tunnels in the world too. Expect improvements on the car between test and race
Old 21 May 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2208611)   #280
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^I really hope you're right, this will definitely be the car I'm rooting for this year... the more I see it, the sorrier I am that I can't make it...
Old 21 May 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2208623)   #281
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its the car I'm most excited about seeing...
Old 21 May 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2208680)   #282
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... its one of the nicer coupe's , imo .
Just wish it had something other than a Judd . Never thought I would say that !!!
Old 22 May 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2209020)   #283
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Yeah ..... its one of the nicer coupe's , imo .
Just wish it had something other than a Judd . Never thought I would say that !!!
Right now I'd agree, although a GV4 would have given it a perfect soundtrack for it's looks!

It is without a doubt the nicest looking car on the grid this year, proof that the modern regs can be good, aesthetically. With money and development, do we actually have a potential diesel-beater here? Or just something that may come very close, like the Aston?
Old 22 May 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2209136)   #284
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Right now I'd agree, although a GV4 would have given it a perfect soundtrack for it's looks!

It is without a doubt the nicest looking car on the grid this year, proof that the modern regs can be good, aesthetically. With money and development, do we actually have a potential diesel-beater here? Or just something that may come very close, like the Aston?
i think a raspy metallicy sounding V12 would compliment the S102 perfectly kinda like the lamborghini or the V12 LMR BMW.

i would think with a judd 5.5 V10 it will be similar to the lola aston, very quick but not quite on the pace of the diesels, far be it from me to say this but the current crop of customer engines in the LMP1 cars, ala pescarolo, creation, oreca, dome S102 dont seem to cut it against the opposition now to be honest, the aston V12 has demostrated that it has the power to be a good deal quicker than the rest of the petrol field, progress on the petrol front in performance compared to the diesels is being made by one team and one constructor only, charouz and aston martin.
Old 22 May 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2209140)   #285
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob

Aww bob ... the GV4 was the bee's knee's . Never really fell in love with the GV5 .
Old 22 May 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2209143)   #286
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with sam on the aero, he's the expert so i guess i should, but it looks like they've spent a lot of time working to make it tiny as they can from the front, and the side. It's got incredibly low profile right now. Black/yellow/white would suit it imo.
Old 22 May 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2209145)   #287
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
OK, i don't wanna start rumour mongering, but...

Acura wanna go P1...
Dome work with Honda and Mugen.
Acura are basically Honda.
Dome have an awesome looking and incredibly advanced P1.
Put the bits together and we get...

Dome Acura S102?

If it happens, don't say I didn't say it first
Old 22 May 2008, 16:26 (Ref:2209156)   #288
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Dome Acura S102?
I could see that. What's more, I would love to see that.
Old 22 May 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2209169)   #289
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Acura wanna go P1...

Dome Acura S102?

I *thought* of it first... just I wasn't near a computer at the time!

Seriously though that would be brilliant! What are the chances of Honda themselves (rather than Acura) making an engine or better still having an entire project for the European market?
Old 22 May 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2209173)   #290
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87
I *thought* of it first... just I wasn't near a computer at the time!

Seriously though that would be brilliant! What are the chances of Honda themselves (rather than Acura) making an engine or better still having an entire project for the European market?
Depends how much longer it takes them to work out they're not gonna win in F1 very soon.
Old 22 May 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2209175)   #291
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Acura wanna go P1...

Dome Acura S102?

Sorry! http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=160

L.P.
Old 22 May 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2209202)   #292
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the rumor was that Toyota was going to be getting involved with Dome.
Old 22 May 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2209207)   #293
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Old 22 May 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2209222)   #294
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
I thought the rumor was that Toyota was going to be getting involved with Dome.
No. The rumor is that Toyota is involved with the Dome project, as in underwriting it.

L.P.
Old 22 May 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2209367)   #295
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Oohw man ! The more I see of this beauty,the more it hurts me that Jan is doing Le Mans in an "also run" car... I mean no disrespect to the Charouz Lola/Judd he's driving,but the man belongs behind the wheel of this fine japanese rocket!
If there's one guy who can open a race with some shatteringly fast laps,it's Jan Lammers...

Here's to hoping he'll be able to revive the RfH team with this slick coupé for next year.
Old 22 May 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2209390)   #296
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well to be honest, as much as I as a Dutchman would love to see Lammers do Le Mans with his own team again, for the general good of Sportscar racing I think it'd be better to have Honda / Acura involved in this project, and to keep the Dome exclusive to them..
That's because seeing the same car in both factory and privateer effort, or even worse, an LMP1 factory and an LMP2 privateer like the lola coupe will confuse any1 not closely up to date with the details of endurance racing...
Old 22 May 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2209399)   #297
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i think a raspy metallicy sounding V12 would compliment the S102 perfectly kinda like the lamborghini or the V12 LMR BMW.

i would think with a judd 5.5 V10 it will be similar to the lola aston, very quick but not quite on the pace of the diesels, far be it from me to say this but the current crop of customer engines in the LMP1 cars, ala pescarolo, creation, oreca, dome S102 dont seem to cut it against the opposition now to be honest, the aston V12 has demostrated that it has the power to be a good deal quicker than the rest of the petrol field, progress on the petrol front in performance compared to the diesels is being made by one team and one constructor only, charouz and aston martin.
Perhaps if you gave the others the same restrictor break that the Lola Aston Martin has????
Old 22 May 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2209402)   #298
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Perhaps if you gave the others the same restrictor break that the Lola Aston Martin has????
Why ? The Aston is a 'production' engine with many of the design compromises that entails it should have a restrictor break over the race engines....

Seems to me that the judd in the Dome is perfectly vapable of propelling a car fast if the lap times are true in which case the finger can be pointed directly at sucky chassis rather than a lack of horsepower.......
Old 22 May 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2209421)   #299
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At Le Mans we could potentially see the Judd engined Dome right up with the more powerful diesels, a second or two ahead of the Oreca Judd, who themselves may well be a couple of seconds ahead of Pescarolo. What in years gone by may have been a 5 second gap between the diesels and best of the rest Pescarolo, may now be the gap between three different Judd engined cars.

Whatever the fall out, it now seems coupes have a definate performance advantage over the open cars.

Last edited by JAG; 22 May 2008 at 22:55.
Old 22 May 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2209434)   #300
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Why ? The Aston is a 'production' engine with many of the design compromises that entails it should have a restrictor break over the race engines....
...and what may those design compromises be that justifies a large restrictor break?