Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Oct 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3933539)   #176
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Really pleased to see Jake at the sharp end and Cainey as the fastest Ford. Good lad is Cainey, be super to see him permanently back in BTCC if budget is doable.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3933547)   #177
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JP picked up 4 penalty points in race 3 at Silverstone, what is his total for the season?

He must be close to missing a race when his points reach 12 in 12 months.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3933548)   #178
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Ash won't give an inch but he will play nicely.... that's what I think. There's still the possibility of a WSR ride...
I don't know, he's a hard driver. Wouldn't want him behind me unless it was at a straight-line speed track.

Jordan can't really afford to do anything daft, I do expect the Hondas to do something dodgy though.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3933550)   #179
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I don't know, he's a hard driver. Wouldn't want him behind me unless it was at a straight-line speed track.

Jordan can't really afford to do anything daft, I do expect the Hondas to do something dodgy though.
He's a hard driver, but he managed to race JP cleanly at Snet despite JPs best attempts. He'll race him hard, but it won't be unfair.

I feel like Jordan has to do something crazy. He can't just beat Turks by 1 or 2 spots. He needs to destroy him.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3933551)   #180
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I feel like Jordan has to do something crazy. He can't just beat Turks by 1 or 2 spots. He needs to destroy him.
so the smart thing for Turks would be to simply let him thru if he is faster

unless Turks has the luck to have one car (Sutton) between him and Jordan
Old 12 Oct 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3933557)   #181
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish claims BMW has DTM cars and he can't beat them. What a crying primadonna he is... last weekends BMW struggled to get up to Honda's speed and no one claimed that they're too good...
Old 12 Oct 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3933560)   #182
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Cammish claims BMW has DTM cars and he can't beat them. What a crying primadonna he is... last weekends BMW struggled to get up to Honda's speed and no one claimed that they're too good...
To be fair - and I don't want to start another BoP argument! - he does have a point. All 3 BMWs in the top 4, 2 of those with huge weight on, and other than Ash Sutton, Butcher was next quickest almost a second off the pole time.

Hopefully it will be a bit closer in the races and not a BMW 1-2-3...!
Old 12 Oct 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3933562)   #183
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Christ, he didn't "claim" they have DTM cars. It was to illustrate how big the gap was. I'm a Turk fan, but he's not wrong. The gap is a bit mad.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3933563)   #184
porsche962fan
Veteran

the BMW hardly dominated at Thruxton , Snetterton , Knockhill etc and Silverstone was a rain thing
Old 12 Oct 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3933572)   #185
porsche962fan
Veteran

AJ claims he couldn't match Turks

Quote:
The car was on a bit of a knife edge in qualifying and we didn’t quite have the balance right; I wouldn’t have been able to get down to Colin’s time
Old 12 Oct 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3933592)   #186
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Plus, the 'works' Honda's are behind the BTC Norlin cars. which team isn't doing its job right|?
Old 12 Oct 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3933607)   #187
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see Turkington scampering off in R1, which would all but end it.

Where's Mat Jackson to cause his customary Hailwood/Druids pile-up on lap 1 when you need him?
Old 12 Oct 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3933626)   #188
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Plus, the 'works' Honda's are behind the BTC Norlin cars. which team isn't doing its job right|?
and behind the older AMD civics!
Old 13 Oct 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3933741)   #189
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Obviously not the team that is leading the Teams Championship, has one driver second in the Drivers Championship, another driver second in the #ForeverForward.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 05:54 (Ref:3933769)   #190
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well a lot of people thought Colin would be a bit behind on the grid, but thanks to the weather and a Matt Simpson red flag he gets the pole. Now he can relax a bit more now, especially with Cammish so far down. Good to see Sutton up there and Caine, good effort by him
Old 13 Oct 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3933884)   #191
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
anyone willing to bet that Jordan will do some dirty move?
I know it's bad to say, but a part of me hopes he takes himself and Turkington out...
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3933908)   #192
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping Jordan somehow takes the title, it's six years to the day he won the 2013 championship.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3933910)   #193
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm a Turk fan, but I'm feeling myself rooting for Cammish. Don't know why. Something different I guess.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3933911)   #194
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say, if I was looking for a drive next year, I'm not sure I'd be grinning like a naughty schoolboy while saying that team orders don't matter any more.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3933912)   #195
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post
I have to say, if I was looking for a drive next year, I'm not sure I'd be grinning like a naughty schoolboy while saying that team orders don't matter any more.
I think he probably knows he's going elsewhere next year. When he signed for BMW, he said WSR and Dynamics were the two best teams in the championship, and it seems like he's burnt any bridges for Honda!
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3933913)   #196
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see either Jordan or Cammish win it. Nothing against Turkington but I don't want to see Rouse's record equalled.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3933916)   #197
porsche962fan
Veteran

what the heck is always with Simpson crashing
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3933917)   #198
porsche962fan
Veteran

Cook didn't make any room for Cammish
Old 13 Oct 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3933918)   #199
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Bit of rain mid-race. We'll have to red flag it guys.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3933920)   #200
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Good job someone has invented pit stops since Silverstone!

This should be really good.