Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2899559)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Which GTE V8 sounded the best?

-Aston Martin
-Corvette
-BMW
-Ferrari
-Ford
I thought the Corvettes sounded a little too much stressed, compared to the larger capacity engines they could run previously. My preference goes to the Ferrari, with the Aston a close second. BMW finishes last in my book, with the 2 yanks a split 3rd/4th place.

Cheers,

Vincent
Old 15 Jun 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2899561)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Hang on, there was also a Toyota V8, a Nissan V8, two Judd V8s...
Old 15 Jun 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2899572)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I know, but I meant GT V8's.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2899607)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
My bro says the 458 was the loudest thing out there ?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2899638)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I know, but I meant GT V8's.

I've changed the thread title to suit......
Old 15 Jun 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2899643)   #6
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've changed the thread title to suit......
Thanks!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2899726)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
was he in the toilet everytime a corvette went past or does he have ears only for Ferrari.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2899750)   #8
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vette best for me. On a similar topic the Pug 908 sounded almost loud compared to the Audi.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2899791)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not sure I'd agree. The GT40 was the loudest to my ears, but the Aston sounded best (in my opinion).
Old 15 Jun 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2899802)   #10
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I though the Ferrari 458 engine sounded by far and away the best.

I can imagine the Corvette V8 sounding good to other people as it is distinct so i'll give it second place. I dont like it though. I've never been a fan of big block thundering V8's.

The Porsche Whine(kinda what the drivers do as well lol). Gets third place.

The BMW engine is no doubt the worst sounding. It just a high revving raucous.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2899980)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As James says, the Ford GT was by far the loudest, IMO. But I can't say I had a favourite among them, frankly.......
Old 16 Jun 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2900023)   #12
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT made one hell of a racket, but the Vette was the best sounding thing on the track. The Astons came a close second.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2900044)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Not sure I'd agree. The GT40 was the loudest to my ears, but the Aston sounded best (in my opinion).
Well , he is over 50 , so maybe his ears are shagged !!!
Old 13 Jun 2016, 10:50 (Ref:3649344)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well , he is over 50 , so maybe his ears are shagged !!!
I'm over 50 too and I would not say that my ears are shagged but my hearing is slightly less accurate and a bit more fragile (because of the Mazda bi-rotor 30 years ago). That's why the Ferrari V8 is a bit painful to me though I like it.
I like any loud V8 too.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3649391)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
My memory is such that the sound of the Mazda makes me go all mussy but of todays cars i love the noise of the corvettes best
Old 13 Jun 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3649404)   #16
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari. The best sound I have ever heard..