Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Jan 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3708093)   #51
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
i would've liked to see the numbers built .. and than race the car.. but hey .. it's not up to me
The whole Ford GT GTE situation always reminded me of the CLK GTR and the MC12.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3708102)   #52
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I don't know why everyone still complains about the GT.

EVERY OTHER GTE manufacture signed off for them to race the car, end of.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3708104)   #53
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Because whiners have to whine. Everyone is salty about how this went down, so they have to act like something was sketchy about it. Everyone signed off on it, they got schooled, it won't happen again. Oh well.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 31 Jan 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3708164)   #54
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

That excuses the entry. Doesn't change the horrendous sandbagging and manipulation, and then blackmail at Le Mans. I believe they've actually produced a road car now, so it is at least on the road to being a legal race car. My problem is the team are an absolute bunch of buisnessmen bellends.

You wouldn't catch Corvette acting like that, and that's the difference. Now that's a team that people can be proud of.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3708222)   #55
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Ford is not responsible for that. CGR's team is. Everyone plays with the bop game. But I was surprised they won Le Mans. Not because speed was lacking but because it was their first year back and it went the distance.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 07:37 (Ref:3708300)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Ford is not responsible for that. CGR's team is. Everyone plays with the bop game. But I was surprised they won Le Mans. Not because speed was lacking but because it was their first year back and it went the distance.
CGR is responsible. But if Joest do something bad, it'd be called Audi. If ORECA did something whilst operating under the Toyota banner, it'd be Toyota. If Porsche drivers keep driving into everything, we say Porsche, not Core Autosport. CGR provide the operations for a Ford factory program, it's Ford. Especially given the funding and corporate backing the team has. And even then it doesn't matter - we're talking about racing and how various teams conduct themselves. I don't like how the Ford team conducts themselves. Whether or not you rename that to CGR, I still don't like it and the result is the same.

I don't know why anyone was surprised they won Le Mans. The BoP game means anyone new (or anyone with a new car) can play the game to the advantage (except when you mess it up, like BMW did). We already knew they were playing that game at Spa. And like other new teams, the car went through a ridiculous amount of testing, and had already competed at the Daytona 24 and Sebring 12 hour. I don't have a problem with any of that (apart from the BoP games), but I don't see why it was a surprise.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 1 Feb 2017 at 08:01.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3708340)   #57
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That excuses the entry. Doesn't change the horrendous sandbagging and manipulation, and then blackmail at Le Mans. I believe they've actually produced a road car now, so it is at least on the road to being a legal race car. My problem is the team are an absolute bunch of buisnessmen bellends.

You wouldn't catch Corvette acting like that, and that's the difference. Now that's a team that people can be proud of.
I think like you. The car was and is really good, there was no need to do that blackmail.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3708346)   #58
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA......hahah...hahahah ..hah...aaahahhahah....hah.ha...

Oh. You were serious?? Yeah, I think you should probably research a few things about the whole Michelin lawsuit and Gigliotti.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Feb 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3708358)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA......hahah...hahahah ..hah...aaahahhahah....hah.ha...

Oh. You were serious?? Yeah, I think you should probably research a few things about the whole Michelin lawsuit and Gigliotti.
Well aware of it. One is a brand protecting it's brand and not wanting to be associated with a team. The other was attempting to stop another team from racing them mid-race by threatening them. GM denied permission for the brand to be entered at Le Mans. Whether or not it had tyres doesn't matter at that point - the car wasn't allowed to race at Le Mans. GM are not the only company who have stopped people using their brand without permission - Rob Austin dropped his much loved Audi in BTCC for the same reason. Ferrari also strictly control who is allowed to run a GTE/GT3 car and what events they enter - hence the lack of Ferraris at the Ring. These are different to blackmailing a competitor during an event.

Oh, and using the same argument as posted here - that was a Corvette corporate decision, not Pratt and Miller.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3708540)   #60
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Someone posted a magazine scan on the 911 RSR GTE thread with what seem to be an explanation of the GTE rules. If that's correct, I'm not only wrong about the Porsche, I'm also wrong about the Ford!

I'm the one who posted the scan, that's not coming from the magazine but, instead, from Imola ELMS official programme, so it'd have been extracted by the FIA/ACO rules
Old 2 Feb 2017, 02:07 (Ref:3708541)   #61
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Well aware of it. One is a brand protecting it's brand and not wanting to be associated with a team. The other was attempting to stop another team from racing them mid-race by threatening them. GM denied permission for the brand to be entered at Le Mans. Whether or not it had tyres doesn't matter at that point - the car wasn't allowed to race at Le Mans. GM are not the only company who have stopped people using their brand without permission - Rob Austin dropped his much loved Audi in BTCC for the same reason. Ferrari also strictly control who is allowed to run a GTE/GT3 car and what events they enter - hence the lack of Ferraris at the Ring. These are different to blackmailing a competitor during an event.

Oh, and using the same argument as posted here - that was a Corvette corporate decision, not Pratt and Miller.
Err.... that lawsuit had nothing to do with LM. It was purely based upon LG trying to get Michelin tires in GT2 when their Corvette was already faster. It was super shady.....just as terrible as Ford with Risi at LM.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 03:46 (Ref:3708563)   #62
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
I'm the one who posted the scan, that's not coming from the magazine but, instead, from Imola ELMS official programme, so it'd have been extracted by the FIA/ACO rules
That even makes it better! Not that I doubted it.

Now, given this, is GM going to build a mid-engined Corvette road car? WHY? They don't need to, not with these regulations : rotate:
Old 2 Feb 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3708581)   #63
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
There's only so far they can push that engine back in the current Vette. It's not quite that free like Super GT with a mid-engined RV8 Toyota Prius!
Old 2 Feb 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3708584)   #64
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Err.... that lawsuit had nothing to do with LM. It was purely based upon LG trying to get Michelin tires in GT2 when their Corvette was already faster. It was super shady.....just as terrible as Ford with Risi at LM.
He tried to sue over both. The tire one looks reasonably ridiculous when you realize the Panoz, Aston Martins, Fords, BMWs, and Jaguars weren't running Michelin tires either.

It's particularly great that he brags about outqualifying the C6.Rs on the "much slower" Dunlop tires at PLM when Dunlop cars qualified 4 out of the top 5 positions.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3708596)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
No offence, but when you tell me to look something up, that I already know, don't come back and tell me I was wrong. GM refused manufacturer approval to the ACO which meant the car couldn't go to Le Mans. This was part of the legal issues.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3708633)   #66
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Now, given this, is GM going to build a mid-engined Corvette road car? WHY? They don't need to, not with these regulations : rotate:
Don't know if it'd be possible, I assume that complete rules freeze some features, like wheelbase, for instance...production 911, being a 2+2, have room in front of the rear axle, with Corvette it shouldn't be enough. Pity that, probably, Evora doesn't reach the production limit, such a car with a longitudinally mounted engine should have potential!
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3708638)   #67
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The regulations do not accept a front engined car becoming mid engined. There is still a rule that a front engine car must have it's engine in front of the car centerline and a rear engined car behind the centerline.

So that is why Porsche could move it's engine as it's still behind the car's centerline. Corvette already moves the engine behind the front axle to get it more in the middle, that is the same regulation allowing that.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3708645)   #68
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
No offence, but when you tell me to look something up, that I already know, don't come back and tell me I was wrong. GM refused manufacturer approval to the ACO which meant the car couldn't go to Le Mans. This was part of the legal issues.
I was specifically talking about the tire only deal. No worries.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3708662)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah, the reason the tyre issues happened had nothing to do with Corvette and Pratt and Miller being afraid of competition - it was because GM didn't want them using the Corvette brand. At Le Mans it was a simple process - tell the ACO they didn't have approval and with the ACO sporting regulations, they couldn't run. With ALMS it was harder because manufacturer approval isn't required to run the car. So the way GM went about it was force them to withdraw.

You could argue it was a dick move, and I do agree. But it is also GMs brand, and they can do what they want with their brand. BTCC had it with Rob Austin and Audi. But in this case, Pratt and Miller/Corvette/GM weren't trying to stop competition like Ford/CGR did.

But you're right it's a pretty dick move for a big corporation to been seen as picking on a private team.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3708733)   #70
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:

But you're right it's a pretty dick move for a big corporation to been seen as picking on a private team.
Pretty much killed their racing efforts too. Not that cost wouldn't have, but, there was good chance they'd have been able to sell some chsssis
Old 2 Feb 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3708750)   #71
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read on Motorsport.com that Pipo Derani has signed with Ford to contest three WEC races
Old 2 Feb 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3708846)   #72
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
The rules more or less specify that you can only independently homologate a car if there is no manufacturer homologation (thus Prodrive continuing to race 550s years after the factory introduced the 575), so the only way GM could have let the Riley Corvette be eligible outside of ALMS would have been to drop their own project entirely.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3708849)   #73
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Just read on Motorsport.com that Pipo Derani has signed with Ford to contest three WEC races

Just saw this too; I assume the allure of working with a major manufacturer is what lured him away from P2, alongside probably a pay raise as well, haha. It'll be exciting to see how he does
Old 3 Feb 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3709013)   #74
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I dislike this FIA homologation system.

If any builder make a car within the rules, it should be allowed to race.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3709343)   #75
insane014
Rookie

insane014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Just saw this too; I assume the allure of working with a major manufacturer is what lured him away from P2, alongside probably a pay raise as well, haha. It'll be exciting to see how he does
Manufacturers will always be more alluring than privateers. I wish Super GT500 was allowed in WEC season cause 3 more manufactures would be present and first tier drivers would be willing to join the WEC because of them.