Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 17 Sep 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3851166)   #1
jayman
Rookie

jayman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assetto Corsa Competizione

For race fans that may never have the opportunity to jump behind the wheel of a supercar (such a I), Assetto Corsa Competizione released last week for PC on Steam early access.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8..._Competizione/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwvKqlVo1Y

The game is getting strong reviews for not being a Forza or Gran Turismo title. Please post you Steam username if you want to play; I need some competition!
Old 17 Oct 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3857254)   #2
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be a great sim but for me the best thing about AC was the historic content and touring cars. GT3s just aren't particularly exciting or challenging to drive on a sim. Surely a modern sports car sim needs a Le Mans license and prototype categories?
Old 17 Oct 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3857258)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
For me, "ACC" is not a patch on Assetto Corsa. The car handling just isn't the same, which is a shame.
Old 14 Mar 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3964222)   #4
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motor1.com/news/404086/a...x-playstation/

Great news for console owners who want to try ACC. British GT DLC later this year too.

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 14 Mar 2020 at 19:37.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3967700)   #5
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, for someone who grew up way before computers were thought of I guess that I am coming to this a little late!
But with the current worldwide situation and a bit of time on my hands for the foreseeable future, the thought of getting into the world of sim racing appeals ........
The downside is that I have very limited ideas of what is required.

I use a 2015, 27''iMac rather than a PC and cannot justify replacing it.

So, my question to those of you who understand these things ......... can I download Assetto Corsa Competizione and play it on my iMac - if so what's the best way to do that - and what would the best (not the most expensive) wheel and pedal combination be?

Thanks in advance for any reply .............
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3967737)   #6
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assetto Corsa Competizione can be made to run on Mac hardware, but not OSX. You would need to use the Bootcamp facility to create a seperate partition with windows installed and it boots into either windows or osx as you wish. Provided you have hard drive spare space, this can be done with no loss of data.

At the bottom of this post is the minimum and recommended hardware specs. I think it would run ACC. It would also run rfactor2, the original Assetto Corsa which has lots of cars to download, Project Cars amongst others.

Best pedal / wheel combo. Best is hard to define. Pedals which use load cells are better as they sense brake pressure rather than measuring pedal travel. Steering wheels with higher torque motors are generally more realistic and belt driven force feedback is better than geared. Direct drive is assumed to be the best.. Depends how much you want to spend...

Cheapish and cheerful - Logitech G29
Midrange - the more expensive ones from the Thrustmaster range.
Next tier up - Fanatec
Top level - Heusinkveld, Leo Bodnar, etc.,

A lot of experienced people often find the Fanatic stuff being the sweet spot - but its an investment, so suggest getting a cheaper wheel and pedal combination as that could be rehomed for no or little loss later on, if you decide that you like it.

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD FX-8120
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 460 2GB, Radeon HD 7770
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Radeon RX 580 8GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

Last edited by andrewc; 30 Mar 2020 at 20:37.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 07:00 (Ref:3967769)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think a 2015 iMac would have a GPU capable of running ACC unfortunately. Which GPU do you have?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 08:31 (Ref:3967776)   #8
andrewc
Veteran

The digging I did suggested it could possibly have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 775M, or a AMD Radeon R9 chipset, both with 2Gb ram.

Both seem to be slightly higher spec than the minimum listed.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3967797)   #9
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Guys,

Thanks for the replys - Nvidia Ge Force GTX 675 MX 1GB

from what you are suggesting this might not be enough .............
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3967805)   #10
andrewc
Veteran

Possibly not enough video memory to run Assetto Corsa Competizione.

It is sufficient to run the original Assetto Corsa or rFactor 2 if you fancy trying online racing.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3967831)   #11
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time advise .........
Might give AC a go and then work up to ACC when I can justify the £££

Stay safe ..............
Old 1 Apr 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3968062)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you can't play ACC on mac..
you could in a virtual windows machine on mac .. but it's unlikely it will be enough to play it properly
maybe standard Assetto

probably the basic wheel worth getting is a Logitech G29/G920 .. list price seems a bit high, you could try an used one for much less of course

https://www.logitechg.com/en-roeu/pr...ing-wheel.html

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Apr 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3968072)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
you could in a virtual windows machine on mac .. but it's unlikely it will be enough to play it properly
maybe standard Assetto

probably the basic wheel worth getting is a Logitech G29/G920 .. list price seems a bit high, you could try an used one for much less of course

I have that. I've been very pleased with it. Took a lot of getting used to after my old red Momo...
Old 3 Apr 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3968386)   #14
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
maybe standard Assetto

In the UK the G29/G920 can be found online for around £180 from most places.
Old 17 May 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3976736)   #15
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
On Assetto Corsa Competizione can you:

1) Make your own custom liveries on cars?
2) When in single player mode can you customize the grids you race against?
Old 17 May 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3976738)   #16
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
1 - Yes. I haven't done it but Race Department has a mods section https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...acc-skins.180/

2 - I think so. What level of detail are you wanting to know about? I can start the game tonight and check for you.
Old 17 May 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3976772)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Just checked. You can set the number of opponents (up to 39), and the series (2018 series, 2019 series or IGTC addon). You have an option to make it a single make series too. That appears to be it.
Old 18 May 2020, 23:34 (Ref:3977044)   #18
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Just checked. You can set the number of opponents (up to 39), and the series (2018 series, 2019 series or IGTC addon). You have an option to make it a single make series too. That appears to be it.
Thank you. I guess it would have been neat to be able to run all of these customized livery cars. Such as IMSA GTD. And pick just those cars to race against. To simulate a GTD race but in ACC of course.
Old 19 May 2020, 07:25 (Ref:3977079)   #19
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Thank you. I guess it would have been neat to be able to run all of these customized livery cars. Such as IMSA GTD. And pick just those cars to race against. To simulate a GTD race but in ACC of course.
Oh there was something about that I think. I'll check tonight (I have to boot a different PC to check).
Old 19 May 2020, 18:25 (Ref:3977199)   #20
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Oh there was something about that I think. I'll check tonight (I have to boot a different PC to check).
Thank you for checking! Let us know what you find.
Old 20 May 2020, 07:05 (Ref:3977262)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Sorry for the late reply - hard to work late last night and forgot.

So you can use custom liveries but it seems to be for single makes only. It's a bit strange.

So I think the game as it stands wouldn't allow you to run an full IMSA GTD grid in the way you're hoping. But modders might have a way of doing that.

It does do the 2018, 2019 and IGTC grids correctly, which is cool. It's nice to have a game that simulates a real series, rather than a hodge podge of cars that don't really match.
Old 25 May 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3978195)   #22
Dirty_Wheels
Rookie

Dirty_Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will struggle on the min spec stated.
I have tried with a GTX660 and it struggles. Forget multiplayer, can't run AI without stuttering.
Have a better video card (one of my sons castoffs) to use once I get a better power supply.
Until then its just R3E, which is a great sim as well
Old 30 May 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3979309)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
ACC is free this weekend and 50% off.

Everyone should go try it right now. Masked Racer this is your time!
Old 10 Jun 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3981165)   #24
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
ACC is free this weekend and 50% off.

Everyone should go try it right now. Masked Racer this is your time!
I just checked this thread for the first time in a while. Might have missed that one. Well the bigger cost issues anyway is the wheel and pedal than the game itself.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3980195)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
The Alfa Romeo Owners Club (UK) have been running a virtual racing series using AC - which has been well received. As one who has never been a gamer I was a bit wary of getting involved but as the Club's Competition Secretary I thought I should try it, but made the mistake of buying a cheap second-hand wheel and pedals and on my old laptop it was virtually undriveable. Just acquired a nearly-new Thrustmaster T150 which I'm told is a good one to use, so I'm going to have a dabble tonight......