Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 8 Feb 2008, 01:10 (Ref:2123756)   #1
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news about Wade Cunningham?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about what Wade Cunningham is .........or isn't going to be doing this year?

Didn't he test for an IRL Team before Xmas?.....was it a real test of a charity deal?

Hope he finds a seat somewhere as he certainly has the talent.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2124373)   #2
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His site has not been updated with news since Nov
http://www.wadecunningham.c

Question and answers article here from 24/12/07
http://www.mwkc.org.nz/index.cfm/Wade_s_News

Quote:
Q: You've been angling for a test in an IRL car for some time now haven't you? How did this one come about?

A: The IRL introduced some rules last year to encourage the IndyCar teams to participate in the Indy Pro Series. So when they field cars in the latter they are given bonus test days which are valuable because of the lack of testing given to the teams. Because AFS (the team that I drove for this year) was aligned with AGR I was given the opportunity to test at the end of the year in order for them to evaluate me for the future.
Quote:
Q: And 2008? You're obviously still hanging out for a drive in the 'main game' but it still looks like a bit of a closed shop. What are your thoughts on 2008?

A: Getting a ride, and also the right kind of ride, in IndyCar is very tough. The Pro Series is just getting to the point now where it is a credible stepping stone to IndyCars, but there are very limited opportunities. Steve Horne and I are working on 2008, but I think the best strategy for myself long term is to stay involved with a team of AGR's calibre.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 23:32 (Ref:2125241)   #3
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
His site has not been updated with news since Nov
http://www.wadecunningham.c

Question and answers article here from 24/12/07
http://www.mwkc.org.nz/index.cfm/Wade_s_News
Thanks for the news.

I guess as Wade says, not too many options out there if you can't bring a budget to the Team. Staying around AGR may turn out if for example, one of the regular drivers get hurt or something, but you'd have to think that AGR really are only interested in the $'s.............if not, they'd have signed a talented driver like Wade or similar, rather than taking the Honda money + Mutoh............no disrespect intended, but there's quite some difference bewteen them in ability I believe.

Perhaps if Champcar does merge with IRL, there may be an opening then for Wade.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2125259)   #4
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope so
Old 12 Feb 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2127562)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Wade has a pretty good track record, and I'm certain that a number of teams, in various disciplines have their eye on him. Hopefully he gets a full season ride, but I'm certain that he will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a car at some point this season.