Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Which brands had a noticeable presence in the BTCC 2021
AON 2 6.06%
Adrian Flux 19 57.58%
BMW 28 84.85%
BeavisMorgan 17 51.52%
Duo 7 21.21%
Dudman Group 10 30.30%
Cataclean 26 78.79%
Car Gods 26 78.79%
Draper Tools 20 60.61%
HP 7 21.21%
Ginsters 29 87.88%
Pallex 1 3.03%
Motul 20 60.61%
Laser Tools 29 87.88%
Pirtek 1 3.03%
RoKiT 25 75.76%
Toyota 22 66.67%
Uniserve 11 33.33%
PC World 4 12.12%
Uptonsteel 13 39.39%
Tool Maniac 6 18.18%
Pioneer 0 0%
Yazoo 15 45.45%
Oodle 1 3.03%
Lucas 7 21.21%
Wera 20 60.61%
Yuasa 11 33.33%
GKR Scaffolding 16 48.48%
Halfords 25 75.76%
Silverline 5 15.15%
Rich Energy 10 30.30%
Hansford Sensors 21 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4080887)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brand Awareness

Just a quick poll as an entirely non-scientific, but out of interest observation, on which brands people think had a strong profile in 2021.

From the list - which brands do you immediately recall as having a presence on the grid in 2021?
Old 1 Nov 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4080912)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Out of interest, have you put in a couple of made up ones that were not even there? Or am I just not very observant?
Old 1 Nov 2021, 11:48 (Ref:4080914)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Out of interest, have you put in a couple of made up ones that were not even there? Or am I just not very observant?
There are (some) brands that had a presence in a different capacity than being a car / team sponsor in 2021.

(Apologies, but deliberately being cryptic in my response )
Old 3 Nov 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4081280)   #4
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kwikfit
Ginsters
Laser Tools
Cataclean
Halfords
Wera

Any others just merged into the corners of my mind or were hardly noticed.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4082745)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
So what are we to make of the fact that 5 people were unaware of BMW?
Old 11 Nov 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4082751)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
So what are we to make of the fact that 5 people were unaware of BMW?
In simple terms - 5 people did not immediately recall BMW having a presence on the grid.

Does that mean that they were unaware of BMW? I suspect not.
But does it mean that BMW's profile was not immediately jumping to mind? Maybe.

So perhaps BMW's brand exposure was not as effective as it could have been, particularly compared to Ginsters / Laser Tools?
Old 11 Nov 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4082754)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
So - from the list, an interesting set of returns in terms of brand awareness.
Is it a scientific approach? Absolutely not.

Results I personally find interesting:

The poll results for the following brands are
AON - 2
Silverline - 5
Pirtek - 1
Yuasa - 11
Pioneer - 0
Duo - 7
Hp - 7
Oodle - 1
Tool Maniac - 6
PC World - 4
Pallex - 1

As far as I can tell, all of these brands were not represented on the grid in 2021, but where previously. (Except for Pioneer) Are people still relating these brands to the BTCC and can recall their presence, even if it was from former seasons?

Of the brands that were on the grid in 2021, less than half the responders not recalling the brand would suggest the exposure was not overly effective. So for
Lucas, Uniserve, Uptonsteel, Yazoo, GKR Scaffolding, Dudman Group and Rich Energy - was their investment worth the expense?
(I know that not all of those brands are looking for general public awareness, but BTCC marketing is sold on market reach)

Old 11 Nov 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4082772)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's great that certain brands invest in the BTCC. Be interesting to see who's there next year. Any ideas?

Plenty have come and gone and some are unlikely to return IMO. I just wish we had more variety of colours this year, but that's another story. I think Pioneer is one of the best brands BTW. I guess people have good memories when they remember certain brands in the championship

It's a mystery why people can't remember many brands from this year. I guess there presence just wasn't enough for the brand awareness or the publicity? It's very different from when we had manufacturers pouring their money in and the brand was more noticeable be it the manufacturer or the sponsors
Old 11 Nov 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4082776)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Pioneer is one of the best brands BTW.
I'm with you on that.

*although probably a bit biased having been hosted by Pioneer at a number of BTCC events in previous years*
Old 11 Nov 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4082808)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Plus they had a great logo too. So that helped. It was always easy to remember them
Old 11 Nov 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4082810)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Plus they had a great logo too. So that helped. It was always easy to remember them
Do you mean this one?

They dropped that in 1998, so it is a good memory to go back that far in BTCC brand awareness.

Since 1999, they have used their current trademark on BTCC cars: