Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

GOODWOOD REVIVAL
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

7 Sep 2018 to 9 Sep 2018 07:30 to 17:30
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

No more to be added- for some the ultimate historic race weekend.

Old 21 Sep 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3851809)   #271
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
You expect to have money after Brexit?
I'm now french ... we got bought last week by Axa!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3851824)   #272
Anyopenroad
Rookie

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ELMS calendar just announced has Spa on 21-22 Sep so Six Hours either goes a week earlier or will clash with Revival.

I assumed the overlap in competitors was quite large, but seems I was wrong.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3851828)   #273
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
I'm now french ... we got bought last week by Axa!
Well, seems you're a little bit German too because actual boss is if my understanding is good!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3851833)   #274
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
ELMS calendar just announced has Spa on 21-22 Sep so Six Hours either goes a week earlier or will clash with Revival.

I assumed the overlap in competitors was quite large, but seems I was wrong.
There will be a handful of preparers with customers with the right cars that get invited to Goody and who also do the 6hrs. It will be the top end of the 6hr grid that suffers if they decide to support the Revival, so maybe not even a bad thing..... My initial thoughts were that some support races at Spa would be little affected, but if there is a Pre War race at both, or HGPCA cars have a race at Goody (they usually have a grid at the 6hr) then they will have a problem. MRL Stirling Moss and Woodcote Trophy cars could also be in demand for both meetings, so likely could affect more than I initially thought!

One person unlikely to have a clash is me......
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3851836)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been informed the proper Spa 6hrs is final weekend of September.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3851837)   #276
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I've been informed the proper Spa 6hrs is final weekend of September.
Thanks Peter. I guess it has to be....

Even less daylight!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3851843)   #277
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do Dunlop do spiked M's?

Or does anyone make oval chains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Peter. I guess it has to be....

Even less daylight!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3851846)   #278
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well in 2010 the event was held 24 to 26 September, similar to next year.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3851858)   #279
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
The events do move about a bit but unusual to have two weeks between. The big preparers will no doubt welcome the bigger gap, as will the pro transport operations. Unless of course another historic meeting gets squeezed in....
Old 23 Sep 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3852192)   #280
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It always used to be 2 weeks between going back 10-12 years, We did both in 2007, there's no way we'd have managed 2 weekends on the trot like that with a 2 year old in tow as well. . . .I'm still not sure how we managed it at all TBH!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3852553)   #281
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Members meeting moved 3 weeks later for 2019 April 6/7th should give the preparation pro's a little more time to finish/test & more test all those lovely group 1 , 1 1/2, 1 3/4 cars .
And more time to find a bunch of pro drivers. ????
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3852587)   #282
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Well, both the 2019 Goodwood meetings clash with rounds of the BTCC, as does the Spa 6hrs, so that will rule out current ‘stars’ from that particular championship.....

http://www.btcc.net/2018/06/12/2019-...dar-announced/
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3852591)   #283
GCCheddaris
Rookie

GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last round of the British GT championship also clashes with the Revival .
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3852592)   #284
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
The way things are going normal mortals may even get invited!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3852615)   #285
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The way things are going normal mortals may even get invited!
Does that rule you in or out Mike?

Snett on Saturday?