Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2791032)   #76
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bahrain 09

LM: "Timo, what happened out there today, after such a strong qualy for Toyota what cost you the chance of a podium?"

TG: "We made the decision to start on (tyre a), and when we stopped (tyre b) didn't work so well and we were out of position etc etc....."

LM: "So was it the tyre strategy that cost you a chance of a podium today then?"

TG: "Errr well yes!!"

(or a very very similarly painful questioning technique)
Old 20 Jan 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2818156)   #77
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to listen to most of the 1999-2000 season on Radio Five Live because I worked on Sundays, so I got accustomed to Legard from an early age. I think his most common phrase was "there's problems there/there's a problem there/there's real problems there..." etc.

In fact the first lap crash at Monza 2000 sticks in my mind. I can remember him saying "Oooh we've got problems here. Real problems here for the Jordans, and Barrichello and Coulthard. Thats the last thing they wanted to do. And theres a problem here. There's an Arrows in the air. Big problems here at the chicane. Ted!"

OK maybe I exagerated a bit, and maybe it didn't involve Ted, but it was something like that.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2818210)   #78
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Turkey GP2 2008

JL: ‘Here’s Senna then, what can he do? Down the hill, round the corner. Remember, this circuit designed by Herman Tilke, this race absolutely CRUCIAL in the outcome of this championship.

And....Oh no! What’s this? There’s a dog on the track, that’s not very clever.
Uh................There’s 2 dogs! Unbelievable pictures here in Istanbul.

And here comes Senna................................................. WOOF! The dog’s gone right up, there!
Old 22 Jan 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2819237)   #79
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
JL: "But what about Jenson Button!"

Co-commentator: "It's 3 o'clock on a freezing cold saturday afternoon here at the Oakwell football ground in Barnsley, south yorkshire - who gives a toss about Jenson Button!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2827156)   #80
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i remember a few years ago we held a go karting party for my 8 year old nephew and his friends we asked legard to attend as a special guest you know wave the flag ect.

I was shocked when he turned up drunk I told him the state he was in was inappropriate he simply replied "do you know who i am? i am a God! let me do my job"

i prayed no one else noticed but after he spent the next few hours leering at the mums present and making lurid comments at one point telling a woman she had "thighs that could kick a rally cars door off" the final straw came when he told the children a joke about 2 jewish men and a jar of mustard that resulted in my nephew crying and then he proceeded to vomit in the seat of one of the go karts!!

i was disgusted and appaled he had ruined our special day and i am for one glad to see the back of this horrible man good riddance!!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2827161)   #81
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!

I'll have whatever you're drinking.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2827165)   #82
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
LMFAO

Now there's a party I wish i'd been at...!

Selby
Old 7 Feb 2011, 17:40 (Ref:2827346)   #83
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bu wo abart *hick* Jensnnn Bu *hick* ton *thud*
Old 7 Feb 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2827385)   #84
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see MassaNumber1 is back with the usual "my mate or cousins mates sister who works for Ferrari/ when I met Lewis/from Brazil/go to Silverstone every year/am a gypsy/is Italian/a close friend of mine who worked in the Mclaren factory till 2006".
http://tentenths.com/forum/search.ph...nduser&u=28319
Old 7 Feb 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2827389)   #85
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Is MassaNumber1 really James Allen, I wonder?
Old 7 Feb 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2827393)   #86
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No he isn't.
I don't think I have ever stuck up for James Allen before.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2827399)   #87
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No he isn't.
I've got to admit that James Allen's grammar is much better.

Quote:
Me neither.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 05:46 (Ref:2827565)   #88
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, I had the occasion to defend him recently. Had bad dreams after that.....
Old 16 Feb 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2832157)   #89
Senninha25
Rookie

Madeira
Madeira Island, Portugal
Senninha25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces View Post
image if Legard had shared a commentary box with James Hunt.

That would have been fun (for the fights alone).
Would be great to see that!
Monaco 1989:
JL: ...and René Arnoux says he's not used to these naturally aspirated non-turbo cars.
JH: Well all I can say for that is bullsh-
JL: AND LOOK AT ARNOUX ENTERING RASCASSE!!! WOOF...