Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3301561)   #51
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tost said it's down to AFDC, CS Jr and Kvyat, but that Sainz is still too young.
I think Antonio will get it.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3302191)   #52
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not good enough. I bet they will get somebody outside of the RB ladder until Kvyat is ready...
Old 12 Sep 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3302545)   #53
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Not good enough. I bet they will get somebody outside of the RB ladder until Kvyat is ready...
Is Sam Bird available?
Old 12 Sep 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3302586)   #54
ace007
Racer

Not as far as I know. The Merc contract is quite explicit in that they would back him in a merc-powered team only. Makes sense. But that would be awesome, wouldnt it? A brit representing RB! Cool as ever! With his extra skills off-track, it would make sales explode in the UK!!
Old 12 Sep 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3302604)   #55
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not as far as I know. The Merc contract is quite explicit in that they would back him in a merc-powered team only. Makes sense. But that would be awesome, wouldnt it? A brit representing RB! Cool as ever! With his extra skills off-track, it would make sales explode in the UK!!
Ahhhh... what a shame.

Now, what if Maldonado takes his bags of money and moves to Lotus next year? That would open up a seat at Williams for Sam Bird right?? Can he fit in there somehow? He has to, right??
Old 12 Sep 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3302625)   #56
ace007
Racer

haha... You seem rather slightly more switched on today! I like your thinking. Keep it up. Williams do rate him but can't say no more for now...
Thread is nevertheless on TR n2 seat when possible

Last edited by ace007; 12 Sep 2013 at 10:33.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3302896)   #57
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I feel sorry for Ellinas though, his season has turned to rubbish like Coletti.
The only difference between Ellinas and Coletti in their seasons is that Ellinas' downfall has been nothing to do with him, just others' actions.

Quote:
What's the point of that? da Costa has proven himself pretty well and, although it seems that Kyvat might actually go places, despite a torrid Silverstone test, I think that the only way to find out how good AFDC is is to place him next to Vergne. JEV now has good experience, and, with Kvyat and Sainz Jr still fighting up the ranks, he should surely be able to hone his speed to create a more consistent season. da Costa should be able to learn well and if he can hang onto JEV at the start and start to beat him by mid-season, then he could be an exciting prospect. Plus, we need a Portugese guy on the grid
Old 12 Sep 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3302918)   #58
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think AFDC has shown enough ability to deserve a chance with the team that is.....well, just another chance really. We're talking about the B team here.

Da Costa is three years his senior and it won't take three years to find out if he's cut it or not. But that's how young Kyvat is. He needs a season in GP2 first I think.

Yes, da Costa's having a pretty poor season but Lady Luck has contributed it to that.

I thought the whole point in STR is putting faith in drivers and I think that's what the Portuguese really needs right now.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3303214)   #59
ace007
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
The only difference between Ellinas and Coletti in their seasons is that Ellinas' downfall has been nothing to do with him, just others' actions.

What's the point of that? da Costa has proven himself pretty well and, although it seems that Kyvat might actually go places, despite a torrid Silverstone test, I think that the only way to find out how good AFDC is is to place him next to Vergne. JEV now has good experience, and, with Kvyat and Sainz Jr still fighting up the ranks, he should surely be able to hone his speed to create a more consistent season. da Costa should be able to learn well and if he can hang onto JEV at the start and start to beat him by mid-season, then he could be an exciting prospect. Plus, we need a Portugese guy on the grid
I agree that Da costa is the most ready in the RB ladder but I wander if by sticking to that line, TR is never showing its real potential. Why can't you throw in a Kovaleinen or even a Bianchi to see where Vergne stands? No doubting JEV but trying to think outside the box and not being obliged to pick in the RB basket.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3303216)   #60
ace007
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

I agree that Da costa is the most ready in the RB ladder but I wander if by sticking to that line, TR is never showing its real potential. Why can't you throw in a Kovaleinen or even a Bianchi to see where Vergne stands? No doubting JEV but trying to think outside the box and not being obliged to pick in the RB basket. Let da Costa win the WSR next year and by then you have your number!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3303964)   #61
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some time ago checked that "Felix" in Felix Da Costa is part of his surname; this guy might be forced to do the same to bold his surname as Castroneves did, in order to be named properly.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3303998)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Some time ago checked that "Felix" in Felix Da Costa is part of his surname; this guy might be forced to do the same to bold his surname as Castroneves did, in order to be named properly.
Or as Senna did, his full name being Ayrton Senna da Silva.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3304003)   #63
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Or as Senna did, his full name being Ayrton Senna da Silva.
Silva is the most common surname in Brazil (as Smith?), so it makes sense.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3304041)   #64
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Silva is the most common surname in Brazil (as Smith?), so it makes sense.
Ty for the explanation, .
Old 16 Sep 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3304563)   #65
ace007
Racer

Good drive yesterday from da Costa in the dry, contrary to Saturday's mistake in the wet. Is that enough to seal the TR seat?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3304642)   #66
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Felix da Costa had the seat in the bag anyway because they have no one else. They've said it will be a RB Junior, and they've said Sainz and Kvyat are too young. Both are a bit too wild and inconsistent anyway. They are just trying to put pressure on Antonio.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3304738)   #67
ace007
Racer

Don't think it is done yet. Needs a couple more wins to make it look like graduating on merit. With Renault power coming on board, anybody betting on Pic?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3304753)   #68
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
With both Red Bull teams having Renault power for next season, it's even less likely that Red Bull will be looking for anyone outside of its own driver academy.

But all I really want from this partnership is the possibility of a French GP.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3304798)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
But all I really want from this partnership is the possibility of a French GP.
Any special reason ?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3304800)   #70
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
we need a French Grand Prix don't we ....
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3304811)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
we need a French Grand Prix don't we ....
That reason. It baffles me that we have 20 races in a season, but not one in the country that gave us Grand Prix in the first place!

Even Magny-cours would be better than nothing and certainly better than any Korean/Chinese/Bahrain GP ever could be with regard to the general participation of people who would go to pay and see it.

Somewhat off topic now.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3304821)   #72
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Even Magny-cours would be better than nothing and certainly better than any Korean/Chinese/Bahrain GP ever could be with regard to the general participation of people who would go to pay and see it.
At least Shanghai generally provides fantastic races nearly every year. Magny-Cours was generally boring, not unlike Bahrain.

In principle, I'd agree F1 very much needs a French GP, but in terms of the circuits (the options are Magny-Cours and Paul Ricard, good tracks but not what F1 needs right now), it's not in a good place.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3304825)   #73
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
At least Shanghai generally provides fantastic races nearly every year. Magny-Cours was generally boring, not unlike Bahrain.

In principle, I'd agree F1 very much needs a French GP, but in terms of the circuits (the options are Magny-Cours and Paul Ricard, good tracks but not what F1 needs right now), it's not in a good place.
I agree F1 is not in "a good place"
Old 17 Sep 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3305131)   #74
ace007
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I agree F1 is not in "a good place"
This is somehow off the title thread but it is a valid discussion: F1 is actually leaving Europe as the fees are not realistic for any Western European countries. You see Spa struggling, German Gps under pressure just like the Spanish ones... Monza has its favored treatment thanks to Ferrari. France could never face Bernie's increase and had to let go, unfortunately.

In addition, France is fully directed in environmental friendly campaigns so it even looks bad and politically incorrect for sponsors to be associated with the sport...
Old 17 Sep 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3305138)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
In addition, France is fully directed in environmental friendly campaigns so it even looks bad and politically incorrect for sponsors to be associated with the sport...
This is precisely why Renault were fully behind the new regulations. They had to make an effort to appeal to sponsors who were moving with the times.