Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3788198)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Fuel specs between different series?

I was watching an older Le Mans race on You Tube and I heard in the broadcast that the ACO ran at the time 94 octane fuel, while IMSA for the ALMS ran 100 octane. Also in the present era I think that most IMSA teams run E10 vs I think E20 for the WEC and ELMS.

What do teams do to adapt to different fuel specs aside from attempt to remap engines to suit different specifications or brands of fuel?
Old 20 Dec 2017, 04:59 (Ref:3788248)   #2
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I was watching an older Le Mans race on You Tube and I heard in the broadcast that the ACO ran at the time 94 octane fuel, while IMSA for the ALMS ran 100 octane. Also in the present era I think that most IMSA teams run E10 vs I think E20 for the WEC and ELMS.

What do teams do to adapt to different fuel specs aside from attempt to remap engines to suit different specifications or brands of fuel?
That's about all there is to do. Apart from achieving ideal engine performance, it then also comes down to how teams adapt their strategies since higher ethanol fuels result in higher fuel consumption, so that can alter quite a lot if one team runs different championships.