Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Sep 2003, 15:00 (Ref:730871)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
MG Car Club...Brands 4/5th October

Those terribly nice people at the MGCC are looking for marshals for the weekend of 4th & 5th October at Brands Hatch. Those who could help out on Saturday are particularly welcome!

The club have changed the format of their meeting this year so there will be practice and racing on BOTH Saturday and Sunday.

Please try and support this meeting as it always gives great racing and the MG guys are great supporters of marshals.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:50 (Ref:731088)   #2
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there, for the first time in many years
Old 26 Sep 2003, 18:24 (Ref:731145)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Stephen, I will be round with the doughnuts on Sunday if you know what post you are going to be on.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 19:35 (Ref:731275)   #4
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Pete will do anything to have a weekend away from the kids. MGCC must be desperate looking at the starter, eh! Pete
Old 27 Sep 2003, 19:04 (Ref:732306)   #5
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure that most of you are aware of the postal problems that are ongoing at the moment. We at the MG Car Club have been caught right in the middle of a strike at the Oxford sorting office. All passes and instructions were sent out 10 days ago. Some people have received them and we hope that the rest get theirs in time for the 4th.October. Please note that the meeting is definitely on, and I will be sending a letter out to everyone that has volunteered to me confirming this. I have not had any problems in my area, so hopefully, at least the letter with instructions will get through. If this fails, please just turn up, your MSA card will get you through the gate, to sign on in Hailwoods from 7.30am. on Saturday, and 8.30am on Sunday. As of yet I am still waiting myself for the mail from Club Office.
Please will you all pass the word on to anyone who does not subscribe to ten-tenths. That is if there is anybody that does not read these pages. And that goes to Competitors as well, because their passes and finals have also been affected.
Many thanks, and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Please note that coach loads of Marshals will be most welcome, as the competitors entry list has just about reached 400 !!! which means very good grids.
Kind regards,
John Watson - MG Car Club Chief Marshal
Old 27 Sep 2003, 19:11 (Ref:732326)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
John. Do you know what's happening about final instructions for us racers?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 21:17 (Ref:733255)   #7
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John,
Just to let you know that Kent as far as I know has not had the MGCC final instruction although Lisa has had hers for timekeeping from Abingdon and also a set of amended times so some mail has got through.
Looking forward to the weekend.
See you then,
Rich S.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 21:47 (Ref:733279)   #8
John Watson
Racer

England
Sorry Falcemob, I do not know. I will try and find out. The entry list and Supplementary Instructions are on the MG Car Club Web Site and it is possible that the 'Finals' may also appear there.
John Watson
Old 28 Sep 2003, 21:54 (Ref:733287)   #9
John Watson
Racer

England
Greetings Richard, thanks for the info. I have heard today, whilst at Cadwell, that several Marshals have now received their passes etc. So it would seem that the rest will now start getting through, and the men (and women) of Kent, or should it be Kentish men (and women), will also receive theirs.
See you Saturday,
John Watson
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:52 (Ref:733641)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hi John, my tickets and instructions arrived on Friday morning.

Peter Scillitoe gave you a good mention over the weekend at the F3/GT meeting at Brands so hopefully you will get a few more telephone calls this week!

Falsemob, unfortunately I am unable to make the Saturday but will definately be there on Sunday, I'll give you a wave on the green flag lap but don't know in advance what post it will be.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:51 (Ref:733967)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
John, I spoke to Maggie at the MGCC today and something will be arranged if they dont arrive. Thanks for the help though.

Stephen, I will keep a look out for you and throw the doughnuts out as I pass.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 12:28 (Ref:734003)   #12
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there (with teddies) on Saturday. How well I celebrate my birthday will depend on whether I make it Sunday!

Last edited by Tracey; 29 Sep 2003 at 12:29.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 12:29 (Ref:734004)   #13
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just sent off volenteer form for Brands Hatch. I would like to Marshal with he lovely bunch of people, who got me to a hospital with no discomfort at all at the 12 Hour Lawn Mower race. Is there any way I can make this happen or is it just the luck of the draw on the day?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 12:33 (Ref:734008)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Ask if it's possible to be allocated to their post when you sign on. It does no harm to ask! I suspect though that it will depend on how many marshals they have available on Saturday so the more people you can persuade to come along, the more chance you have !!!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 13:06 (Ref:734044)   #15
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Old 29 Sep 2003, 13:07 (Ref:734047)   #16
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Would love to have you on post with us PenelopePitStop - if you're not, I'll see you at sign on to check out your ankle!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 13:12 (Ref:734053)   #17
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PenelopePitstop
I would like to Marshal with he lovely bunch of people, who got me to a hospital with no discomfort at all at the 12 Hour Lawn Mower race.
Hi Mike, I know that 5 or 6 of use well be their this weekend, one of those you talk about is having her Birthday party this weekend and may not be fitted to Marshal on Sunday! She reach a mile stone age and I am to much of a genltman to tell you (Chicken more like)

We'll see if we can find out who is sorting out the posts so at least you could be 2 or 3 of us. If all else fails see you in Hailwoods at sign on.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:58 (Ref:734252)   #18
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
Its my last weekend of freedom, as I get married on the 11th of October, so .... I may well be partaking of a few beverages myself.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 23:28 (Ref:734685)   #19
John Watson
Racer

England
Hi Folks,
Our numbers are beginning to increase to a very good level, and we are very grateful for the support that we are getting for our British Sportscar Festival. As Stephen said, the greater the number on the bank, the easier it is to meet requests for being on post with specific people. We will endeavour to satify all requests of this nature, so at the moment it's looking pretty good for you Penelope Pitstop. However, as we are allocating at signing-on, the sooner you sign on, the more chance you have of choosing your company for the day. I would also point out that I always move people around for the second day of a two day meeting, therefore if things do not work out on Saturday, we should be able to oblige on the Sunday.
Can I also add, that it now appears that the passes and instructions have started to arrive, so I will not be putting a letter out. Those who have volunteered to me in the last week or so will get theirs by Friday.
Marshals numbers increasing, competitors numbers increasing, its going to be a cracker, see you there,
John Watson
ps Well behaved bears on a lead will also be most welcome.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 07:44 (Ref:734968)   #20
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Hi John,
Yep the queens post has arrived in Kent and my passes have arrived. Mike I will be at sign on at the begining on both days so If you catch me then and we can try and sort something out. Glad to see you are up and about. Is Stewart marshalling at all or is he busy with the car and press issues?.
I look forward to seeing you all there.
Rich S.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 07:45 (Ref:734969)   #21
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
John How dare you call Lisa a bear I'll tell her!!!!!!!!.
See you Sat.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 07:54 (Ref:734975)   #22
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,
Our bears are always well behaved, you can see for yourself on Saturday at sign on.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 09:19 (Ref:735062)   #23
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
Stewart, is busy with press issues & trying to persuade someone to build him a car!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 11:48 (Ref:735223)   #24
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Has he asked those good guys at Lego or team Meccano!!.
Rich S
Old 30 Sep 2003, 16:46 (Ref:735562)   #25
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good one John, and play safe all my friends on the bank.

The trouble with doing all these exotic pro races round the world is you miss out on marshalling the local clubbies back home!

John, can you add me to your marshal availability list for next year, I must be able to get to some of your meetings.