Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Dec 2001, 05:22 (Ref:184178)   #1
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Budmakesmewiser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what it takes to get a ..........

NASCAR license,i couldn't seem to find it on the internet.what did you have to have to get yours Lee.
Old 10 Dec 2001, 07:21 (Ref:184196)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This reminds me of that old joke where someone asks, "How do you get to Madison Square Garden?" Response: "Practice baby practice!"

Bud, you need to start off by passing a fantasy stock car driving school at a local short track near you. I would contact your local short track and ask what qualifications you need in order to race there. Obviously, a valid driver's license but usually the require you to pass one of these stock car driving schools that are hosted at their track as well as having X amount of laps completed in the school to be eligible to compete. Generally, this is how you start off and then you progress from there once you have proven to be competent.

I do know that NASCAR will not allow anyone to race a Cup Car at Daytona, Indy or Talladega unless they have had some seat time on the big tracks in lower NASCAR series (BGN, NCTS or Goody's Dash series). IROC experience counts too.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 10 Dec 2001 at 07:55.
Old 10 Dec 2001, 12:29 (Ref:184257)   #3
NASCARWidow
Rookie

NASCARWidow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR License

You can get a NASCAR license without being a driver but if it's a driver's license you want the rules state that you must
1. be 18,this you can get around with parental consent
2. Have a valid driver's license
3. Be willing to take a physical
4. Be willing to take a driving test
These things will only get you a license, a license doesn't automatically make you eligible to race. You have to prove yourself on the track. You aren't supposed to drive on tracks a mile long until you have driven on shorter tracks, then you can move up to the next size track, and you do this until you are qualified on all size tracks. NASCAR can make you move back to the smaller tracks at any time they feel you are not ready for a certain size track. You can take a driving test to become eligible for Daytona but NASCAR much prefers you have actual race experience at various size tracks before hitting the super speedways.

If you want a license other than a driver's license, email me and I'll send you the requirements.
NASCARWife@aol.com
Old 11 Dec 2001, 04:32 (Ref:184566)   #4
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Thanks.Hey widow how do you get a nascar rule book.
Old 11 Dec 2001, 06:44 (Ref:184586)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Budmakesmewiser
Thanks.Hey widow how do you get a nascar rule book.

These aren't given out to just anybody. I doubt that you can get an official Winston Cup rule book without being a driver, crew chief or team owner.
Old 11 Dec 2001, 20:06 (Ref:184734)   #6
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such an item (NASCAR Rule Book) does NOT exist !
Old 12 Dec 2001, 03:32 (Ref:184864)   #7
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Why can't you buy one.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 05:54 (Ref:184884)   #8
Joe Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Beer Baron
Such an item (NASCAR Rule Book) does NOT exist !
They do have a NASCAR Rule Book because I seen Wally Dallenbach hold one up in a pre-race program several months ago when he was criticizing NASCAR laxness on helmets and firesuits. NASCAR does not make these rule books freely available, even to media, because they feel that in their rule book contains proprietary secrets that they do not want their competitors having easy access to.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 12 Dec 2001 at 07:24.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 07:33 (Ref:184896)   #9
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Budmakesmewiser
Why can't you buy one.
Because they are free. Sort of. If you had the skills and experience required by NASCAR, and entry fees of course, you would get a copy of the current rules when you entered a Winston Cup race. But considering how the idea of one specific NASCAR "rule book" is kind of like buying a computer, by the time you open it it's obsolete, it would actually be kind of redundant anyway. They have their set, every day rules that apply to everything, and then they have their track specific rules, manufacturer specific rules, and of course, they can change any of the rules on the fly when it suits them.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 13:08 (Ref:185410)   #10
NASCARWidow
Rookie

NASCARWidow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, you can buy one-all it costs you is the cost of a NASCAR license.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 17:13 (Ref:185479)   #11
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like any top form of motorsport, a NASCAR racing license is EARNED by competing AND being competetive in the racing series below Winston Cup,

Guys who are successful in the many regional NASCAR touring series, also the USAC midgets/sprints, get a NASCAR license if they wish as they have demonstrated their skill in the lower categories, (I hate that phrase 'lower' category), make it 'Ladder Series'.

I bet if I had had the money to field a car, the lack of a NASCAR license would stop me from racing!
I know the FIA Superlicense is related to your driving license, the superlicense is an upgrade of your driver's license.