Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 23 Feb 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3714304)   #177
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think it's a question of both Mercedes have a fantastic design team, their road cars are very pretty ...
Old 23 Feb 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3714307)   #178
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
Autosport have a piece on the 'T-Wing'.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128228
Old 24 Feb 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3714430)   #179
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
I'm not impressed

Old 24 Feb 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3714446)   #180
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
I'm not impressed

There was certain to be at least one ugly duckling amongst them.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3714447)   #181
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
that wing reminds me of.................

Old 24 Feb 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3714448)   #182
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
There was certain to be at least one ugly duckling amongst them.
Aren't most of Ferrari's sponsors a continuation from previous?
Because to me, it looks worse than a BTCC sticker-fest with logos seemingly plastered on as an afterthought.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3714452)   #183
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think it's a question of both Mercedes have a fantastic design team, their road cars are very pretty ...
Huh?
They still selling the fintail and pagoda SLs in Austin?
Old 24 Feb 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3714455)   #184
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Aren't most of Ferrari's sponsors a continuation from previous?
Because to me, it looks worse than a BTCC sticker-fest with logos seemingly plastered on as an afterthought.
That was my impression too. It's like half the factory wanted the front wing and other aero parts to be black, and half wanted them white - so they did both.

The shape is no uglier than any other car (apart from the Mercedes). It's still has a badly proportioned front end, sudden nose drop and something from an adult catalogue taped to the front. What makes this worse is the terrible livery.

Make the wings black. Or make them white. Don't do both.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3714457)   #185
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5bPF67WcAAPVTl.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	49194
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5bPG8hWcAAfxr4.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	49195

Aww man. McLaren have accidentally made a Spyker. I hate when I accidentally make a Spyker.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3714461)   #186
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Attachment 49194
Attachment 49195

Aww man. McLaren have accidentally made a Spyker. I hate when I accidentally make a Spyker.
Or a 2002 Arrows
Old 24 Feb 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3714462)   #187
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy (18 Jan 2017) View Post
Possibly in the famous McLaren orange??

Sorry, not a fan. And that shark fin!

Old 24 Feb 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3714464)   #188
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The Ferrari SF70H

Yep. Another shark fin.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 12:24 (Ref:3714468)   #189
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
these cars would all look awesome with a raised nose
Old 24 Feb 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3714474)   #190
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
these cars would all look awesome with a raised nose
Respectfully disagree. IMO, only raised nose car that ever looked good were the early 90's Tyrrell's.

...and that was more due to how the front wing was mounted.

Old 24 Feb 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3714475)   #191
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post

Sorry, not a fan. And that shark fin!

CNN as a sponsor? That's clearly a fake car
Old 24 Feb 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3714479)   #192
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I like the McLaren, the rear end looks vicious 😊
Old 24 Feb 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3714496)   #193
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think the fin looks horrible.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3714513)   #194
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Ferrari's not exceptional and I agree with crmalcolm about the logos/sticker fest. It's like a first attempt at a livery in rFactor.

If they win nothing else this season, McLaren have the Shark fin championship in the bag.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3714514)   #195
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
CNN as a sponsor? That's clearly a fake car
too funny guys!

made my day!
Old 24 Feb 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3714517)   #196
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Ferrari has the little wing like the Mercedes has as well.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3714519)   #197
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
short but cool 360 degree video of LH taking the 2017 Merc out for a lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Ub...ature=youtu.be
Old 24 Feb 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3714521)   #198
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Mercedes seem to not have which is good. Shame it spoils the Ferrari livery

Yes the McLaren looks like either a Spyker or a TWR Arrows, while Fred looks like he's back in his old ING Renault overalls
Old 24 Feb 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3714536)   #199
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Have the commercial dept's been sat twiddling their thumbs all winter - barely any new sponsors on the cars been launched and lots of blank spaces!
Old 24 Feb 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3714540)   #200
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I think that's more of a comment on how expensive it is to advertise on the cars and how little return there is with fewer viewers. No commercial department will solve those problems.