Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Mar 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1260637)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Tenths GTR Sportscar league?

Evening all,

Would anybody be interested in a Ten Tenths Sportcar League for GTR?

My initial thoughts are that it takes quite a while to get through an online GTR race, So an 8pm start for a doing nothing weeknight like Tuesday might be a good idea.

I'm thinking a 1h 30m race duration is a bit much, trimming the race time down to 1 hour might be more pleasant, also getting rid of some of the practice and warmups might be an idea.

If you'd like to go ahead with this, I might be able to hook up a dedicated server for the task. I shouldn't have any problem hosting the room though.

Reply here or PM me if you're interested. I think we'll go for a password protected room so we don't get the kamikazi's and ultra professionals spoiling the fun.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1262169)   #2
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm all for it, just got the game last night. Although I need ways to make the performance better, i never get more than 20fps!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1262365)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The games not in Australia yet, but when it's in i'm up for this!
Old 27 Mar 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1262858)   #4
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm all for it. Mind you still got to home my driving skills in GTR
Still trying to get my wheel and peddles set up nice..
Old 27 Mar 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1262945)   #5
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't the GPL peeps race at that time and day? Anyway, can't race myself, the game won't work on this computer. But would be willing as and when I get a new computer.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1263018)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes we do, but so far nobody racing in the ttfrl has also expressed an interest in this also so it should be OK.
That said, our race night is something that has been discussed, it may change (though its unlikely I think atm).
Old 27 Mar 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1263044)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Yes we do, but so far nobody racing in the ttfrl has also expressed an interest in this also so it should be OK.
That said, our race night is something that has been discussed, it may change (though its unlikely I think atm).
Thanks Pirenzo, I really don't want to exclude anybody from ttfrl and It has earned the right to take first shot at race night preference. Is there somebody from ttfrl I can run things by to ensure that what ever gets set up for GTR, doesn't clash with ttfrl?

Cheers,

BC
Old 27 Mar 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1263060)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, our calender hasn't been decided on yet. Normally we only race every fortnight, so its possible that this could fit in the off-weeks as it were...
Spudgun would be the best person to talk to about it, but you could also post in the TTFRL season 4 ideas thread.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1263089)   #9
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be up for it, but not on a Tuesday (unless it starts after April 5th)
Old 28 Mar 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1263479)   #10
SimonXS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth UK
SimonXS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to join a league by TT for GTR, it would be awsome.

I'm pretty good on a couple of circuits with my C5R or Saleen
Old 28 Mar 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1263704)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Okie Dokie,

Can I propose that we do a dry run of a short race (30 min sprint?) as a test bed to try and figure out what the problems might be?

I suggest Wednesday (30th March). Kicking off at about 8pm. I'll provisionally go for donnington because it's a track a lot of people know and it's quite a short lap if you have mechanical problems.

I'll open up a private hosted race with a password so we don't attract any kamikazis. I'll let you know the details of the room on the night.

If this is a bad idea for any reason, let me know.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1263817)   #12
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, im all for it, running 2nd qualifying and the race yep?
Simulation or Semi-Pro?
Old 29 Mar 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1264165)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Excellent, this sounds like its definitely going somewhere.
I've stuck this thread to get it some more attention (hopefully)
Old 29 Mar 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1264515)   #14
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Sure, im all for it, running 2nd qualifying and the race yep?
Simulation or Semi-Pro?
I will work on the assumption that we're all reasonably seasoned racers who like their realism, so Simulation seems the natural choice.

The quali and practice thing is one of the items that i'm running the pilot to experiment with. I want to give ppl adequate chance of joining in time, and I think you can only join during practice, which means if we have long drawn out quali as well, it could turn into quite a long tedious affair. However, due to the nature of the game, some setups will natually bear fruit over longer runs (for tyre warming) so I don't want to cut it too short.

Any opinions or advice about this gratefully received.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1264566)   #15
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yes, your right about when you can join - found out today.lol
Perhaps when everyone is in in the Practice then we can vote to go into quali and then it would remove some of the waiting? It seems that that is how people do it on the SimBin servers.
See you tomorrow night anyway - off to do a race with some people from RSCnet.org justnow at donny
Old 30 Mar 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1265201)   #16
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In case you dont know only youre qually 2 time is taken for your grid position so running 2 qually sessions is just time consuming.

Pete

GBGPL & WOSEC GTR & TTFRL DRIVER
Old 30 Mar 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1265219)   #17
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
http://www.sim-challenge.com/2005/gtr/default.asp

Just found that site, looks cool, if there is sufficient interest, im sure we could enter some teams in that

Sound like a plan?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1265235)   #18
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Damn, missed edit time...
...seems a good idea, but there seems to be a lot of regulations and so on to adhere to, im sure that would take away some of the fun of it.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1265337)   #19
VALLEYSBOY
Rookie

Wales
Wales
VALLEYSBOY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wosec @ Gtr

Hi my 1st post hope im not intruding to much I ahve a server capable of holding full grids in GTR Formatt, Kidzer joined us last night,we had 23 in qually sessions and 19 @ race start was a right blast, if any of you would liek to attend tonights Donnington race plz feel free to msn me, mail me,post in here i will check back, race details can be found here:WOSEC GTR
Old 30 Mar 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1265595)   #20
red5pete
Rookie

England
Devon
red5pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR Race

Tried to join your test at Donnington but wouldn't let me connect,

Owell maybe try again some other time
Old 30 Mar 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1265597)   #21
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
You need to forward certain ports on your router, and try disabling any firewalls aswell, the ports to forward are:
TCP - 1093, I also have 34347 forwarded, but I think thats for another application
UPD - 1094, I also have 98,99 and 34297 forwarded but as above im sure they are for another application.
Keep trying, its well worth it
Anyone else coming? or are you still doing your own race?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1265753)   #22
VALLEYSBOY
Rookie

Wales
Wales
VALLEYSBOY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by red5pete
Tried to join your test at Donnington but wouldn't let me connect,

Owell maybe try again some other time
u amy have caught warmup? but plz try again or get hold of me on msn
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1265755)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, I might be tempted to get this game, what specs does it "require", and what specs does it need to actually play decent?
Old 31 Mar 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1266051)   #24
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd deffiently be tempted, however I'd have to try it on the net connection at uni... the firewalling and network there is fairly strict on what it allows in and out, and I can't adjust it... Still should be able to get it working from home.

Later
Ed
Old 31 Mar 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1266073)   #25
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The Box says
Minimum Spec
1.2Ghz CPU
384Mb RAM
DX8.1 Compatible GFx Card with 32MB RAM
DX8 Compatible Sound CArd and 1Gb free HD Space
according to the GTR Graphics config my PC is below those requirements (its pretty similar) and it runs pretty well, never above 30Fps in car, but easily playable