Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:21 (Ref:749443)   #1
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Silverstone 11th October

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the marshals and officials at Silverstone. I hope you all had a good day. We had two rollers, although I think the first one only did it to try and get out of seeing the Clerk of the Course as we were about to show him the black flag when he went and rolled the car. Plus we had Marcus Pye entering the pits on fire, which he did not realize until we tried to get him out of the car quickly and cover the car in powder. The weather was brilliant and everyone did a superb job. I am sorry we ended up slightly late, but hope no-one minded too much.

Can I also thank everyone who has officiated at any HSCC meeting this year and hope that we can count on you all again next year.

Fay Crook
HSCC Chief Marshal Co-ordinator.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:15 (Ref:749654)   #2
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabulous weather + a motley crew + a great days racing = end of season (for me) happiness! Thanks to the HSCC for being one of the (few) clubs that shows that it cares for its marshals. Also a big thank you to those drivers who showed their appreciation to the marshals (at least I think it was appreciation…)
To you Fay and the rest of the gang – Sarah & I will be back in 2004!
Old 14 Oct 2003, 22:08 (Ref:751465)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like I missed a good meeting...shame i had to stay at home and do my coursework. Look forward to marshalling for you again next year.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 07:33 (Ref:751784)   #4
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks very much Fay, its nice to feel appreciated

I was one maggots and so delt with number 23 when he rolled into the gravel:confused: How is the driver?

Its is a real shame about his xk150, but good to see that all the drivers were racing not just touring around, and as for Gerry
Old 15 Oct 2003, 07:39 (Ref:751793)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Fay, I have thoroughly enjoyed the two meetings I have marshalled for the HSCC this year. I will send you a PM with my new address in readiness for next year!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 12:06 (Ref:753155)   #6
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
The driver of car 23 (Graham Love) is fine, however his car is not.

Talking about XK's, after the main XK race we had a photographer who asked us when the XK race was on, when we pointed out it had just finished he said he meant the new XK's!! We then had to point out it was an HSCC meeting and that stood for Historic Sports Car Club.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 19:59 (Ref:753628)   #7
mary2
Rookie

United Kingdom
Witney, Oxon
mary2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Fay, I thoroughly enyoyed the day, my first ever race meeting as a marshal!

Will definitely be back next year.

Thanks to the marshals at Woodcote Gap, especially Sarah for looking out for me and all the tips!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 20:39 (Ref:753669)   #8
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: HSCC Silverstone 11th October

Quote:
Originally posted by Fay
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the marshals and officials at Silverstone.
see what happens Fay when I don't turn up!! (not that I was invited ).

Everything runs fine and you wonder why I don't turn up more often !
Old 17 Oct 2003, 13:12 (Ref:754339)   #9
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Stu

Give me your address at Donington next weekend and I will add you to the mailing list.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 15:38 (Ref:754471)   #10
wookiee
Rookie

wookiee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fay - Stu rarely knows where he is unless he has the assistance of Mrs CrazyStu! Probably better to send something to her. On reflection it makes sense for Stu to get involved with marshalling HSCC - after all, he's a bit historic himself (tee hee). See you next season, and say 'hi' to John Smith when you see him.

Sorry, Stu - and I still owe you 20 fags...
Old 17 Oct 2003, 16:36 (Ref:754537)   #11
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by wookiee
Fay - Stu rarely knows where he is unless he has the assistance of Mrs CrazyStu!
Actually Wookiee, Harry is our navigator. I'm just good at aquiring cheap hats, unlike some!!

but be very careful W, I still have those pictures from Goodwood !!!!