Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jul 2003, 15:55 (Ref:661947)   #1
Andy Zarse
Rookie

Andy Zarse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a find!

I'm really a regular on Club Arnage forum, but do dip in 10/10 occaisionally.

But I thought some of you Le Mans guys might be interested to see this thread on CA. Click here

http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/ind...y;threadid=840

One can only imagine the luck in finding this archive in a skip in the middle of France!
Old 15 Jul 2003, 16:04 (Ref:661957)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great photos there Andy, thanks for the link! Coincidently I woudnt be suprised if this little lot is worth a small fortune in the right market. Of course that dosent really matter I know, but still..
Old 15 Jul 2003, 18:52 (Ref:662120)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely - jammy wotsit. I'll be happy to take the lot off this guy's hands if he hasn't got house room for it......
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:02 (Ref:662130)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow why can't I be as lucky as that, some fantastic stuff there.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 20:11 (Ref:662215)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
incredibel- that is fanciful stuff , frame it all and preserve them and send me copies
Old 17 Jul 2003, 01:18 (Ref:663485)   #6
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolute rubbish. Worthless and meaningless...He should offload that junk onto some unsuspecting sod...I volunteer to be that sod.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 06:57 (Ref:663606)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll take you on in the race to be that unsuspecting sod - I'm very sod-like - I have an abundance of soddish features......
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:49 (Ref:664280)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too. Now that there are three of us in the race, i think we should let it come down to who's bedroom has the most potential to be completely enlightened by this magnificent collection. My bedroom has an abundance of relatively worthless material, of high sentimental value, such as a collection of Maynards Wine Gum wrappers, multicoloured glass tumblers, expanded polystyrene castles, with hand painted troops and guardsmen. These items will be totally complimented by the addition of this superb find. Now i have to hope that it is in fact a superb find, because the darn page ain't loaded yet
Old 20 Jul 2003, 04:13 (Ref:665995)   #9
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the "rubbish" would go well among my flat-spotted tire from Gunnar Jeanette's Porsche at PLM '01 and front bumper that Michael Schrom knocked off the Racer's Group porsche in Miami last year...I'm just collecting relatively worthless motorsport materials so adding this stuff that i've labeled "worthless and meaningless" would be a wonderful addition. So come on, just send it on over to me!!
Old 20 Jul 2003, 08:33 (Ref:666037)   #10
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry to put a downer on all this. but i can't help feeling that someone somewhere is looking for this stuff. i know the guy found it in a skip...but you wonder whether that was done on purpose by the owner or by someone else.

Last edited by kdr; 20 Jul 2003 at 08:34.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 09:58 (Ref:666075)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, could well be true. If the briefcase was nicked in the first place by someone with no interest in Le Mans or understanding of the value of the stuff.....
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:59 (Ref:667391)   #12
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More likely by a bitter Le Mans widow!!
Old 3 Dec 2003, 11:38 (Ref:802476)   #13
Andy Zarse
Rookie

More interesting historic stuff from the haul just been posted here:

http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/ind...;threadid=1233
Old 3 Dec 2003, 12:32 (Ref:802534)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
No more comments about the historical side of the stuff : it's marvelous.

It'll be wonderful to have those things on a web site, even in small size - not too small, but not large enough to use it, as I imagine that the "new" owner wants to keep it in a way.

He could post the first pics one by one : the CA members could answers some of the questions (I recognized some parts of the track).

The previous owner should cry anyway, or he's at Le Mans Paradise now... :confused:

Thank you for the link Andy, it's worth to see that kind of pics once in our life !

Last edited by Fab; 3 Dec 2003 at 12:32.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 14:06 (Ref:802624)   #15
Andy Zarse
Rookie

Thanks Fab, I'm looking forward to seeing some more piccies posted over Xmas.

Well let's face it, there's not really too much else to enjoy Xmas. Apart from the presents, food, drink, time off work etc. Mind you, Xmas is only really for the kids.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 14:29 (Ref:802652)   #16
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The previous owner should cry anyway, or he's at Le Mans Paradise now... :confused:
In that ACO Welcome place in the Village! - Hm, could be Purgatory after all
Old 3 Dec 2003, 18:00 (Ref:802857)   #17
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This reminds me of a story a french aficionado told me in the Hunaudieres at Midnight in 2000: Moity and Teissedre, the 2 writers if the so-called 'bible' in 2 volumes were in the making of a sequel with new unseen pictures and additional cars , like the ones that only ran in practice. All the documents were recollected at a place and had to be transported to Paris. On the way the guy who drove the car (said to be a 405 estate Peugeot...) made a stop along the motorway and when he came back the 405 had flown away. Unlike Vatanen at some Dakar, it had never been recovered. I can't assure the truth of this and don't imply these documents come from that poor 405 but this find reminds me of that book we may never see.
Anyway i'm lucky enough to own the first ones.
Old 4 Dec 2003, 05:50 (Ref:803389)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Was the thief interrested by the car or by the pics ? That is the question !
Old 4 Dec 2003, 21:52 (Ref:804132)   #19
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know Fab, but what a loss if the car ended on fire after a 'rodeo'. It might explain why the promised second edition never came. Anyway , let's be attentive with the 'vide-greniers'.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 05:47 (Ref:804398)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Chofar
I don't know Fab, but what a loss if the car ended on fire after a 'rodeo'. It might explain why the promised second edition never came. Anyway , let's be attentive with the 'vide-greniers'.
Fate...

That's how history give birth to legends...
Old 5 Dec 2003, 13:38 (Ref:804751)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My feelings are actually turning from greed and envy much more to feelings for the poor b*****d who lost all this lovely stuff. As kdr said earlier in the thread, someone, somewhere is probably looking desperately for his or her beloved collection of memorabilia, perhaps ripped off in a theft or burglary - who knows?

I know for sure that if it was me, I'd be inconsolable......