Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Aug 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3923657)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
2019 Silverstone WEC, Who is Going/Who Went...?

OK only just over a week until we head up to Silverstone so thought i would see who is going this year, i know most of the usual's will be there but lets see numbers. Is the usual meet up an hour before start at Club this year ok for everyone?
Old 21 Aug 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3923677)   #2
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
OK only just over a week until we head up to Silverstone so thought i would see who is going this year, i know most of the usual's will be there but lets see numbers. Is the usual meet up an hour before start at Club this year ok for everyone?
Not me as will be in Moscow for MAKS2019, but wife and Son will be there cheering on Nicki Thiim, Rebellion and Ginetta
Old 21 Aug 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3923678)   #3
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I will be there! (all the way from Pennsylvania)

My first time at Silverstone, I'm taking the bus from London so will be arriving at 10AM. So looking forward to it!

Thanks,
Jeff.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 23:13 (Ref:3923687)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I may have to hope it's back for next season, delayed honeymoon next summer with a stop in England on the way to Italy. May have to see if she wants to stay in London and let me skip out for the day and see a new track.

How's the bus from London to the track?
Old 22 Aug 2019, 00:30 (Ref:3923692)   #5
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I may have to hope it's back for next season, delayed honeymoon next summer with a stop in England on the way to Italy. May have to see if she wants to stay in London and let me skip out for the day and see a new track.

Visiting new tracks is one of my favorite vacation formats. "Let's take a western Caribbean cruise...OH HEY IT'S COTA!"
Old 22 Aug 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3923751)   #6
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'll let you know next week after I take it. I'm hoping that its alright because I'm going to be spending 5 hours on it next Sunday!
Old 22 Aug 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3923783)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't know for sure...but if it's like the rest of the UK public transport system you'll have to queue to get in a queue to get on a bus for more hours than you want to be.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3923862)   #8
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had intended to give it a miss this year as I usually go Fri/Sat/Sun but due to work commitments could only make the Sunday .........

£40 for one four hour race didn't seem the greatest value, but just been offered a freebie so I will probably be there on Sunday now.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3923873)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Three days flag waving as usual. Stupidly long day on Saturday offset by early finish on Sunday.

As always, looking forward to it immensely.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3923886)   #10
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be in a pitlane (I suspect the wing) all weekend marshalling

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Aug 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3923891)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All three days of course for me. Looking forward to seeing some old friends.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3923899)   #12
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to have to chase Silverstone up about my tickets - they haven't arrived despite being ordered in April. Looks like my first stop on Friday morning will be the ticket collection office in the car park.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3924235)   #13
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going all three days (not working on Friday so may as well). I thought twice about buying tickets just because the WEC spectacle is so much reduced these days, but I guess as sportscar fans, we just have to put up with the cycle of lousy/great years
Old 26 Aug 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3924241)   #14
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
I thought twice about buying tickets just because the WEC spectacle is so much reduced these days, but I guess as sportscar fans, we just have to put up with the cycle of lousy/great years
It's a shame isn't it? It's also weird. By most measures sportscar racing is booming around the world: IMSA, Blancpain/IGTC, VLN, 24H Series, even local series like GT Open and GT Cup have good grids. Yet the WEC can only assemble 6 cars in its top class, 6 in GTE and a one-make LMP2.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3924244)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As said may not be one of the best season openers but i will still be there to enjoy the 3 days, only 4 more days in my comfortable bed before swapping for a travel lodge one on friday.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3924451)   #16
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I'll be there, but only on Sunday.

Sadly, only four hours, but the latest "handicapping" changes may liven up the main race.

As one who enjoys his food, what a pity the opportunity has been missed to give us all a decent lunch break by starting the shortened race a little later, whilst still being able to end the meeting in daylight. Somehow, I can't see Le Mans ever getting underway at midday!
Old 28 Aug 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3924510)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Try to be at the usual mini meet in club stand from about 11.00, Always good to meet the ten tenthers in person.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3924545)   #18
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ll be there Friday if anyone is about then, got a day off & seems to be the best day pound 4 pound
Old 29 Aug 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3924587)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I’ll be there Friday if anyone is about then, got a day off & seems to be the best day pound 4 pound
Quite a few of us will be around on Friday, usually spend a fair bit of that around the wing and the fan area.
Old 29 Aug 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3924614)   #20
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Try to be at the usual mini meet in club stand from about 11.00, Always good to meet the ten tenthers in person.
Unfortunately, other commitments mean that I shan't arrive till around 12.15 and then there are minor details to attend to like assembling the mobility scooter.

If you encounter a large, bearded septuagenarian charging around on a blue mobility scooter, stop and say hello. You'll either get a blank stare from a total stranger, or it'll be me!
Old 29 Aug 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3924621)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I will be attending this year as I moved house last week and we are still unpacking boxes and I also have a massive list of diy jobs to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Aug 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3924703)   #22
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and the old man will be going for Saturday and Sunday. Taking pushbikes as find it a good way to get around to different spots but not lose time sat on the bus...also allows me to hitch up a beer trailer to the bike which I'm hoping security don't have an issue letting in.

Shame the entry isn't great and the race is 2 hours shorter than previous, but at least means getting away at a reasonable time as it's a long schlep back down to Devon. And watching sportscars is great anyway.

Anyone know any teams still running normal radio frequencies or are they all digital?
Old 29 Aug 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3924704)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Unfortunately, other commitments mean that I shan't arrive till around 12.15 and then there are minor details to attend to like assembling the mobility scooter.

If you encounter a large, bearded septuagenarian charging around on a blue mobility scooter, stop and say hello. You'll either get a blank stare from a total stranger, or it'll be me!
I'll be sure to say hello if I see you!
Old 29 Aug 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3924705)   #24
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Sadly I will be attending this year as I moved house last week and we are still unpacking boxes and I also have a massive list of diy jobs to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you mean 'not'.

Sadly I won't be going, instead I will be at GT Cup at Brands Hatch which is closer and cheaper. Eagerly awaiting the hypercar as from my perspective P1 is going out with a wimper.

Hope all who go enjoy.
Old 29 Aug 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3924760)   #25
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, will be there for 3 days Can't wait to see some of the new cars on track and up close!

@Truckosaurus won't be going as he's a lamer