Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Oct 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3931391)   #916
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Anyone know why Bright split with MSR and have his Golfs back with MPC??
A win at SMP, a crash at PI, two rounds with no pace, winning again at Winton and strong at Sandown. I donít think the cars were at the top of MSR priorities!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 02:33 (Ref:3931393)   #917
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-A View Post
Who will put their hands in their pockets for one of these?

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...-2020-tcr.html
A bloke with ties to the series formerly known as the V8Ute series told me he was interested in the Mazda back at the SMP round. He also said there was at least one other race team from another series that knew of, and were interested in the Mazda project.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 02:40 (Ref:3931615)   #918
Shabbie
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Shabbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford TCR

What are the Chances of Team Johnson racing in this Series and going the Ford Path
Old 3 Oct 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3931659)   #919
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With what?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3931673)   #920
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
With what?

Yeah this. Thereís no Ford option for TCR at the moment.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3931677)   #921
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The cars that do exist, had zero support from Ford, and worse reliabilty than the Subarus.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3931798)   #922
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The cars that do exist, had zero support from Ford, and worse reliabilty than the Subarus.
Also no longer homologated for TCR: http://www.tcr-series.com/homologated-cars

Doesn't stop someone trying to make a new car, like the Mazda that has been developed, but you're up against it.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3931858)   #923
Umai Naa
Veteran

Without manufacturer input, it's difficult to design and development something that comes in under the cost cap, and still make money out of the whole project.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3933179)   #924
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post

Doesn't stop someone trying to make a new car, like the Mazda that has been developed, but you're up against it.
Why not just run the Mazda... Ford, Mazda close enough!

Love those Rays Engineering Volk TE37 on there too. I'm not sure that any of the other TCR cars use lightweight forged wheels -- I suspect forged lightweight wheels are not allowed in order to cut costs?

With the exceptionally (unusually) strong position of Mazda in the Australian market (compared to in other countries), some soul red Mazda3s would be a surefire hit with fans and Mazda enthusiasts...

Quote:
you're up against it.
So you say that despite appearances, the Mazda is a private car and may not be competitive?

The press release makes it sound like an official product of Mazda Motosports North America. The fine folks who do the MX5 one make series cars too.

Quote:
“The Mazda3 features the outstanding design and engineering that Mazda is known for, and because of that, it is a fantastic foundation for our new Mazda3 TCR,” said John Doonan, Director, Mazda Motorsports. “We have looked forward to returning to the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge for several seasons, and everyone at Mazda is very excited that we will do just that in 2020. We are eagerly anticipating success for the Mazda3 TCR in IMSA, SRO Americas and in TCR championships around the world.”
https://www.motor1.com/news/374117/2...-tcr-revealed/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
Naturally, after all there is a new model Ford Focus now, in fact the new ST version is already released in Europe, albeit no RS version yet. So the Focus TCR would need to be based on that.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 10 Oct 2019 at 19:57.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3933454)   #925
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting/weird that GRM had an Alfa TCR under a car cover in the Bathurst paddock today.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3933463)   #926
Umai Naa
Veteran

I'm told they've just recently received their third one.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3933469)   #927
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
And yet... the bloke driving the Alfa was rejected from a Porsche junior scholarship, and largely nowhere on a regular basis in his Super2 efforts... and is running second in the TCR championship...

While the winner seems to also have a propensity to chuck his Supercar rides into the scenery more often than not...

It is little wonder the imported fellows, including 'Frog on the Grog' make merriment with that field...
Manufacturing Intellect.. My endless lunch break starts now..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
You cannot follow fake and expect to find real..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 12 Oct 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3933577)   #928
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

It is little wonder the imported fellows, including 'Frog on the Grog' make merriment with that field...
Ha Ha, good one GTR.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3934227)   #929
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And yet... the bloke driving the Alfa was rejected from a Porsche junior scholarship, and largely nowhere on a regular basis in his Super2 efforts... and is running second in the TCR championship...

While the winner seems to also have a propensity to chuck his Supercar rides into the scenery more often than not...

O'Keefe is a strange one - was a few years in Porsche Cup and was toweled up by Jaxon Evans, had 2 chances with Porsche and for one reason or the other didn't get through - he doesn't seem to be polished enough on camera etc...judged against his peers. I would like to see him stay in TCR and give it a shot overseas - I think he is our best TCR driver so far this year.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 00:31 (Ref:3934229)   #930
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Interesting/weird that GRM had an Alfa TCR under a car cover in the Bathurst paddock today.
Going to Wakefield Park today for a ride day.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either