Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 Dec 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2995925)   #51
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there gonna be a CRT championship?
Old 6 Dec 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2995927)   #52
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Is there gonna be a CRT championship?
I havent heard anything to suggest it. Lets hope not or it will devalue things a bit. When they did it in F1 in 1987 with the Jim Clark cup for the then new non-turbo 3.5 litre cars it was won by Jonathon Palmer and to this day he still tells people he was an F1 world champion... So you see it encourages BS merchants to modify the past, so should be avoided
Old 6 Dec 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2996059)   #53
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just wonder about the influx of some of these CRT riders...
Old 6 Dec 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2996118)   #54
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
I just wonder about the influx of some of these CRT riders...
My thoughts entirely. You could stay in Moto2 but if you're not up to speed there you can land on a CRT chugger and pass the time there.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2996307)   #55
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
o be honest CRT is a wasteland for old riders.

De Puniet cant get a ride coz he costs too uch in parts, Edwards is biding time, Ellison has had a couple of goes and proved little.

And the rest are there because they are not getting paod or are very cheap and bringing money, like Hernandez.

Some of them to be frank are not even WSS level! Meaning they wouldnt get into the top 10 even there so no way should they be in GP.

But what can you do when the top class has totally proced itself out of anyones markets but Honda's. Ducatoi can onl afford to be there becaise of Marlboro!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2996552)   #56
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well it is certainly going to be interesting next season (or more realisitically) to see how the CRT things plays out in affecting future changes to Motogp, simply from the budget position, as it is pretty clear that a change is wanted to open it up more from the folks in charge.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2998911)   #57
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thing is .. even with the likes of Hernandez or Silva .. the gap from the first to the last is still smaller that 20 years ago ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Dec 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2999598)   #58
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And what was that gap 20 years ago - how many seconds, what do we expect the gap to be in 2012 between factory bike & CRT bike?
Think HRT in F1 are usually 5 or 6 seconds a lap slower than Red bull...
Old 14 Dec 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2999606)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the best way to judge CRT is against Moto2 bikes

Many years ago in the early 90's a decent 250 time would have you in the top 20 on any 500 grid and a front row would probably be top10, and some of the guys at the back of the 500 grid were only just quicker than the best 125 times!

I would think a good Moto2 rider like Marques could probably be almost as quick as a Hernandez or Fores on a CRT bike, less power, less aids and a more developed chassis. Maybe not at all tracks, but lets face it most GP tracks are mickey mouse these days and suited to low powered bikes, its why there are so many crashes in GP due to lean angle and tyre warmup.

CRT is the future for me, cheaper, easier to get into and basically Moto2 for the big class.

The manufacturers don't like it because they have spent millions developing electronics, tech, employing engineers, developing chassis, engines to see it all wiped out by a Moriwaki with a tuned up Ninja motor in it!

You can see their point, but typically even though their world is falling down around them they won't budge.

Reminds me of early DTM, ITC, WSPC, FIA GT1, WRC. If they don't budge I am with Ezpeleta here roll over them and just enforce the rules anyway.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 07:46 (Ref:3000080)   #60
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One question my friend keeps asking is what is the big problem with small grids? A lot of yous here seem to really dislike them, and I try to argue that it is not a good thing for the sport. He feels it doesn't really impact the quality of racing negatively, as the cameras rarely focus on backmarkers anyways. I say that big grids mean the sport is "healthy" (typically) but beyond that...? I think it is nice that Moto2 (and now Moto3?) grids have become massive, and I think it is kinda pathetic that there were only 17 bikes in GP last year, but beyond the above... What are the negatives if any?
Old 15 Dec 2011, 09:24 (Ref:3000099)   #61
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The negatives are in a small grid that there are not many rides to go around.

There seems to be less bikes and that is bad. You only really have three manufacturers, Honda Ducati and Yamaha. And most of them are stepped from a works team to satellite teams running year old bikes and older tech.

It is cyclical, it was the same in the late 80's which is why Yamaha made the decision to make the YZR500 available, a move remarkably similar to CRT when you think about it.

You can enter the class with this sort of engine and build you own chassis, hardly anyone actually bought a YZR, most went to ROC ro Harris and had chassis built, as they will in CRT. It even went full circle with Yamaha using a ROC chassis to win races in 1993.

I think 2013 will be much better, CRT is a good thing, but while there are factory teams it's always going to be a two tier thing, but that isnt bad. It's impossible in the current climate to have tens of factory bikes as it is simply is too expensive to make and build them.

Look at F1, still the same teams, the new ones are struggling despite spending tens of millions! So dont expect CRT teams to suddenly be up there beating Stoner and Lorenzo, but in certain situations a Puniet or Edwards could well get to the top 6 maybe.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 17:06 (Ref:3000323)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have rather seen the factories hand out the 800's to small teams for this season with some rules to keep them competitive. That with the factory 1000's would have been nice. The CRT concept as a racing series wont be clear until the entire grid is made up of them.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 05:06 (Ref:3000623)   #63
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
One question my friend keeps asking is what is the big problem with small grids? A lot of yous here seem to really dislike them, and I try to argue that it is not a good thing for the sport. He feels it doesn't really impact the quality of racing negatively, as the cameras rarely focus on backmarkers anyways. I say that big grids mean the sport is "healthy" (typically) but beyond that...? I think it is nice that Moto2 (and now Moto3?) grids have become massive, and I think it is kinda pathetic that there were only 17 bikes in GP last year, but beyond the above... What are the negatives if any?
What about the spectators at the track?

The less bikes there are, the less action there is on the track for them to watch.

Only 17 bikes going around means alot of dead time for a fan on the hill waiting for the bikes to come around again on another lap.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 14:09 (Ref:3000812)   #64
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
What about the spectators at the track?

The less bikes there are, the less action there is on the track for them to watch.

Only 17 bikes going around means alot of dead time for a fan on the hill waiting for the bikes to come around again on another lap.
Yeah, somehow neither of us thought of that.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 14:25 (Ref:3000819)   #65
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be honestm, with the facilities and prices at GP emeting I would never even consider going to watch it

it simply doesnt represent value for money in any way at all.

I would always only go on a Friday or Saturday to watch qually
Old 8 Mar 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3037143)   #66
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
have him watch a 2-car sportscar race between Audi #1 and Audi #2 from some point in the last decade when they had no competition

on another note, to have better competition at the top you have to have good competition at the bottom: the top guys have to beat the guys right underneath them to win, those guys have to beat the midfielders, the midfielders have to beat the backmarkers, no backmarker wants to finish last: it's a positive feedback loop as everyone is pushing everyone above them; when the back of a field deteriorates it's usually not long til the deterioration travels further up the field
Old 31 Mar 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3051391)   #67
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
West signed for Moto2 .. this should make chunder rather happy

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3051987)   #68
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
the man is pathetic to be honest

Who would want that ride apart from a loser like him, he just moans relentlessly abotu not getting good rides.

there might be a good reason for that. Hope he doesnt last the season