Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jul 2019, 06:57 (Ref:3918425)   #151
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Watts and Swift in Metro Turbo will be killing a few giants, that is guaranteed .

Depressingly , I was in my thirties when I saw PW doing just that in period.

Tempus bloody fugit...
I'm of the same generation mate. As long as tempus keeps on fugiting we will be OK
Old 19 Jul 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3918429)   #152
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Any live stream of this event so I can watch from Australia?
I have emailed the organisers requesting same info.... not heard back yet but will let you know if/when I do
Old 19 Jul 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3918430)   #153
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There isn't any livestream as far as I'm aware.They stopped doing one a few years ago as attendance was dropping I think.

Only thing I use is TSL Timing and the commentary on that.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3918441)   #154
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got an answer to my email re the live stream question.
No is the simple answer but it will all be on their youtube account by the end of the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverstoneClassicTV

Quote:
Dear Chris,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

We won’t have a real-time live stream throughout the weekend BUT we will be making all racing content from this Classic available on our YouTube channel at the end of the weekend for you to enjoy at your leisure ��

I hope that helps.

Many thanks

Michelle Warner
Old 19 Jul 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3918448)   #155
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Interesting to see no Rovers in the Tony Dron Trophy. I guess the Capri mods are putting people off.
Indeed, I guess the Capri celebration angle has taken priority in chasing entrants for this one, however there is certainly no shortage of G1 SD1s about.

It's certainly a quantity entry to look at but not the right depth quality for the marquee Historic meeting in my opinion.

Loads of replicas in the G2 entry, but perhaps only 1 or 2 original cars.

The G1 field in general is lacking depth and Group A, if it wasn't for Ken and Patrick there would be no proper cars entered from before the Sierra/M3 era.

I thought Will Nuttall or Tony hart now had the Bastos Rover, so surprised they didn't enter that instead of the R5.

Is the Scragg XJS that funny Motul copy? If it is, that probably explains why it's running in the G2 class!!
Old 19 Jul 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3918456)   #156
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`m annoyed with Silverstone saying the Bentley Speed 8 won Le Mans.

Lynn owns chassis 004/1, the car was under the (no 7) and was used as a test car at Le Mans. Bentley then pulled out chassis 004/5 for the race (the car seen at Goodwood Festival of speed this year). So yes very much a Le Mans car, but never raced there.

Apologies for the rant.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3918464)   #157
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I got an answer to my email re the live stream question.
No is the simple answer but it will all be on their youtube account by the end of the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverstoneClassicTV
AT the end of the weekend not BY. So sometime next week, I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jul 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3918465)   #158
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Is the Scragg XJS that funny Motul copy? If it is, that probably explains why it's running in the G2 class!!
Wasn't the original a Group 2 car anyway?
Old 19 Jul 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3918472)   #159
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a link to the the Masters entries.

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...classic/event/
Old 19 Jul 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3918473)   #160
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers for that Peter, those are sum impressive grids i think. A few that catch my eye, in the F1 Michael Lyons is down with a McLaren M26, that be James Hunts 76' British GP wining car i think? Plus the well publisised Bentley and Porsche in the Endurance Legends.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3918474)   #161
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hunt won the 1976 British GP in an M23. The M26 was the following year.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3918490)   #162
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Cheers for that Peter, those are sum impressive grids i think. A few that catch my eye, in the F1 Michael Lyons is down with a McLaren M26, that be James Hunts 76' British GP wining car i think? Plus the well publisised Bentley and Porsche in the Endurance Legends.
That M26 isn't a Hunt chassis.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 16:14 (Ref:3918491)   #163
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh well there you go, you learn sumthing new every day haha. Just hoping the M8F is all sorted for the Thundersports races and i'll be happy and content next weekend
Old 19 Jul 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3918493)   #164
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Oh well there you go, you learn sumthing new every day haha. Just hoping the M8F is all sorted for the Thundersports races and i'll be happy and content next weekend
Me to.

If not there is the Georg Hallau Lola T310.Another Big V8 beast.

For me the Bentley and Alfa T33 will be the highlights if the weather stays alright.

Looking undecided atm
Old 19 Jul 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3918495)   #165
Willmaz223
Veteran

The M8F will be there Craig.The team who run have said they will be thwre on Facebook so I imagine it will be aswell.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3918496)   #166
Willmaz223
Veteran

Must be quite frustrating to the people who are reserves running in the 50s Sports car race that normally has 2 grids.The grids for both aren't shabby.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3918527)   #167
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Must be quite frustrating to the people who are reserves running in the 50s Sports car race that normally has 2 grids.The grids for both aren't shabby.
Quite a lot of differences between the club websites and the Racecard made available today. No Michael Lyons in F1, no Le Monstre and quite a shuffle in who is listed as reserves. All change again on the day I expect. F2 is mouthwatering.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3918539)   #168
Markwest
Rookie

Markwest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Quite a lot of differences between the club websites and the Racecard made available today. No Michael Lyons in F1, no Le Monstre and quite a shuffle in who is listed as reserves. All change again on the day I expect. F2 is mouthwatering.
Where are you seeing the club websites Mike??
Old 19 Jul 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3918543)   #169
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I'd go with the Official Masters or grid organiser one.

Yes F2 is meant to be quite stellear by the sound of it.

The Race card was probably done before the Masters etc were published or updated.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3918580)   #170
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi apologies probably missed this but just realised no super touring race this year
Also is the grid for the F1s slightly smaller this year - no arrows listed I always remember 2 or 3 being on the grid

Last edited by Mike Bell; 20 Jul 2019 at 08:25. Reason: Whoops- Accidental!
Old 20 Jul 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3918585)   #171
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark77 View Post
Hi apologies probably missed this but just realised no super touring race this year
Also is the grid for the F1s slightly smaller this year - no arrows listed I always remember 2 or 3 being on the grid
The main Mirage run Arrows racer now has a Macca, and his mate doesn’t seem to be running his sister Ragno car this season. There is a third, but can’t remember who owns that....
Old 20 Jul 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3918586)   #172
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We discussed supertourers previously. I think we concluded that they were too expensive and complicated to run on their own hence the HSCC touring cars series. You still have the #HTCC and Tony Dron Trophy and the Masters pre 66 tourers for your tin top enjoyment.
Old 21 Jul 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3918709)   #173
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I just checked the list and my cousin, whom I have not seen since I was at school and his son, who is racing a BMW 1800 in the pre 66 touring cars, are in the next garage to us. A reunion some time in the making.
Old 21 Jul 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3918711)   #174
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I just checked the list and my cousin, whom I have not seen since I was at school and his son, who is racing a BMW 1800 in the pre 66 touring cars, are in the next garage to us. A reunion some time in the making.

Super, I can see it now - Mallett Racing Team, has a certain ring to it!!.

See you there.
Old 21 Jul 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3918747)   #175
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Hello everyone, I hope that someone can help? A very good friend of mine was hoping to race his freshly prepared Mustang at The Classic next weekend. Unfortunately he has a problem and may not be able to compete. He sent me a text last night saying that he urgently needs a gearbox, A Richmond Super T-10 synchro version apparently (it means nothing to me!).
If anyone knows the whereabouts of one he can buy, rent or borrow for the weekend, please PM me the details and I will pass the info onto him.
Thanks in advance, (I'm just testing the power of Ten-Tenths)