Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 May 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3907187)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Beware Gerard, Will, delta and I will make a point of seeking you out in person. You cannot remain anonymous for ever!

Despite the healthy size of the normal PA grids, the UK Jaguar Challenge race has now been canned, I suspect due to lack of entries. The organisers are offering a good deal for a 60 min race for Pre 66 GT and Sports cars instead.... Not sure how many will be keen if they are already doing the 120 minute race Saturday eve?

I guess the FJ Lurani grid will be as big as always......
Old 31 May 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3907191)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry, Mike, I won't!
Strange story about the Challenge, can't believe its related to your new avatar tho!!
Old 31 May 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3907195)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Strange story about the Challenge, can't believe its related to your new avatar tho!!
That is very much a total coincidence!
Old 7 Jun 2019, 04:41 (Ref:3908391)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Lovely morning here . Had nice chat with Martin H yesterday . We are all looking forward to meeting up with Gerard later today . Where abouts are you in the paddock . 😀
Old 7 Jun 2019, 04:50 (Ref:3908392)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ah, you’ve arrived then, boss! Hope you’ve got your awning tied down as 45mph winds forecast for this afternoon........

Managed to say hi to Martin yesterday, but as I was suited and booted and sitting in the pit lane waiting for the light to go green it was a brief conversation!

Busy day but hope to get over to say hello in the Junior paddock......
Old 7 Jun 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3908449)   #31
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CER1 Practice - 908, 917, 512 m, T70. Must be incredible to watch .

Shame Masters doesn't attract those sorts of cars except the T70 anymore.

5 Mins later-Shows on the 'Positioning' the 512 and the 917 following each other

Last edited by Willmaz223; 7 Jun 2019 at 13:01.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3908503)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well done the Elva and SLR! The 26 R's are far away at the moment. Go on like that…
Old 7 Jun 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3908508)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry didn't see the fantastic 2'03"792 done by the 356. Wahoo!
Old 7 Jun 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3908512)   #34
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry didn't see the fantastic 2'03"792 done by the 356. Wahoo!
We are making new friends again....!!!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 7 Jun 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3908531)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All jokes and congratulations well seen on the forum apart, in one word seriously, I do know Dijon and barely imagine what it takes to be that fast with a rather slow in the straight machine. I never drove a 356 on track but the car doesn't do everything itself. You are serious competitors. Respect for that.
Back to the jokes now, have fun, humiliate as many 911's as possible and be safe. F...k them all, no prisoners allowed! Et pan dans la tronche…
Old 7 Jun 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3908550)   #36
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Will in the 356 is a proper driver and enjoys screwing 911’s
The miserable one in Elva seemed to be quick
Pity he came back into pits on what would have been his quickest lap.
Suppose 7th overall was enough.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 03:26 (Ref:3908568)   #37
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The miserable one in Elva seemed to be quick
Pity he came back into pits on what would have been his quickest lap.....
Apparently they had a cunning plan.....?!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 04:51 (Ref:3908579)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
CER1 Practice - 908, 917, 512 m, T70. Must be incredible to watch . 5 Mins later-Shows on the 'Positioning' the 512 and the 917 following each other
It is a privilege, as I’ve said before, to see those cars and more being raced hard! Unless you want to be deaf for ever more, hearing protection advised though....

The 512 is tented next to John’s B19, which is great until you realise how much space it needs-
Attached Thumbnails
F01032D7-8925-4BE9-8BE5-3EF76CC1C9B6.jpeg  
Old 8 Jun 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3908580)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The little Brit enclave... Red SLR, Shiny SLR, Stephens family 356 and Elva GT160. Pic taken before the hooley yesterday that required tents to have sides removed, plus a hi/ab and artic parked in the paddock to use as anchors....

Then it rained.......
Attached Thumbnails
76CCFD54-4C57-47B5-BDCB-D268B738BCDE.jpeg  
Old 8 Jun 2019, 05:15 (Ref:3908581)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Woke up to a lovely day here . Just of on my bike to get supply’s . Anyone seen Gerard . 🙄
Old 8 Jun 2019, 05:43 (Ref:3908584)   #41
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They had a plan?.
That’s something very new!!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:04 (Ref:3908585)   #42
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyone seen Gerard . 🙄
Do we think he actually exists, and is not one of these computer auto bots?!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3908586)   #43
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
They had a plan?.
That’s something very new!!
As plans go I don’t think it was the most cunning....!!

Last edited by 356sc; 8 Jun 2019 at 06:15.
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:30 (Ref:3908588)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Beware, I'm watching you looking for me!
Sadly it will be another no show some people being hard to understand. Me included!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3908589)   #45
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Sadly it will be another no show some people being hard to understand. Me included!
So the car did not pass it’s MOT?!!

Great shame you are not here.
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3908595)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
So the car did not pass it’s MOT?!!

Great shame you are not here.
Absolutely! Spoiled the whole weeekend There was a tenthers group photo planned.....

Going back to 60s qualifying, seems there was a minute window when track was not completely wet or waterlogged, but (team excuse) we were swapping drivers at that moment!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3908596)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Hmmm does he really exist . Great shame I have a nice present for you for all your help . May be Croix then
Old 8 Jun 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3908597)   #48
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It is a privilege, as I’ve said before, to see those cars and more being raced hard! Unless you want to be deaf for ever more, hearing protection advised though....

The 512 is tented next to John’s B19, which is great until you realise how much space it needs-
Cheers for the picture Mike.

Both lovely cars.

Edit-To top if off a GT40 next to it on the right.WOW.Seem to hage quite a few of them in CER.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 8 Jun 2019 at 07:56. Reason: GT40 bit
Old 8 Jun 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3908650)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One hour to go and very good pit stop for the shiny SLR putting all the 26Rs behind. the Elva is fantastic, pitting late and holding the fourth place overall. Mike will tell us what happened to his car.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3908655)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What a race they had there, can wait for Mike's report! The red SLR was far away, the shiny was heading, the Elva was fourth. During the very last part, the Elva went from 9nth to 13th place but wins the GT2 category. Then the red SLR……… takes the lead of the GT3, while the shiny finishes just before……… the 356!!! Well done all.