Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Nov 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1765766)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An opportunity to ask Nic Minassian and Jamie Campbell-Walter your questions

Creation Autosportif have set up a Q&A opportunity with their drivers, Nic and Jamie. This was originally intended to be just for their own forum members, but I asked if they would consider extending the Q&A to include 10-10ths members aswell, which they have very kindly agreed to do.

Please remember to specify which driver you are addressing your question(s) to. And I reckon we've got two or three days to get our questions posted. The answers will be published on the Creation website in due course, and I'll provide a link when they are available.

Let's give them plenty of questions (they're just sat at home twiddling their thumbs at this time of year anyway, so they need something to do ).

You can ask the guys absolutely anything you want (within reason!). So, if you've ever wondered how many Weetabix Nic has for breakfast, or how many cigarettes Jamie smokes between driving stints at Le Mans, ask away.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1765785)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to know what JCW thinks about the Le Mans experiance .

(1) Does JCW think the speeds are too quick at Le Mans , and would he like more power ?

(2) Does he think its safe , and if not , why ?

(3) Does he find Tetre Rouge a difficult corner to get right ?

(4) What does Nic think about the rule about hitting the corner bollards ..... should it be a penalty . Some say that if you cant stop hitting them , you are not in complete control ..... i think thats crap !!!

Question 1 is to find out what drivers think , cuz i keep hearing what otherpeople have to say , but they are not the ones doing the driving !!!

Question 2 is about weather he thinks Lm as a whole is safe . Some drivers say it is , some say it isnt .

Question 3 is ..... im just interested in what he has to say about the best corner in the whole world ..... imo of course .

Ever see Schneider at Tetre Rouge in his Benz on a hot lap .... a sight to behold .

Last edited by The Badger; 14 Nov 2006 at 11:17.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1765827)   #3
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1) To both drivers, What is the one memory of driving Le Mans that stands out in your mind more than any other. i.e one particular memory from when you were in the car.

2) Nic, how did you find the Pescarolo to drive in comparison to the Creation, have you brought any information or tips back to help Creation to be more successful in the future.

3) Jamie, What draws you to Sportscar/Endurance racing rather than a touring car drive for example. How did you go about getting into endurance racing and what advice would you have for any young driver that has aspirations to be in top level Endurance and Sportscar racing.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1765887)   #4
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crystal ball gazing. Will next year's Creation be faster than Mr Short's Pescarolo? Will it win it's first race? How's the pitstop practice coming on?
Old 14 Nov 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1765985)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well here are my questions

1) do you think the cars should have less downforce and be slower through the corners but be faster on the straights?

2) what do you think are the problems that are affecting sportscar racing in general nowadays in europe and asia?

3) which car did you prefer that creation used

this years car the CA06H judd V10
last years car the DBA 03S judd V8
2004's car the DBA 03S zytek V8

i prefered the 2005 car with the judd V8 it sounded like a angry 360 ferrari
Old 14 Nov 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1766003)   #6
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My question to both would be:

Do yourselves, and indeed all the drivers and/or team members, have any different ideas or wishes for the directions and general future of the LMS and sportscar racing in general? We all have ideas on this forum I suppose, but it would be interesting to know some more views from the people actually involved.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1766021)   #7
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To JCW what are your perspectives for 2007 given the future plans of Creation? Will you be in LMS or ALMS?

To Nic , how satisfied were you with the car's performance in 2006? Even when Creation could not score its maiden victory in LMP1 you guys were in contention and with more reliability than 2005. Did you have to compromise in any aspect to get there?
Old 14 Nov 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1766059)   #8
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

My questions to both drivers

1. Were you disappointed that the Creation LMP1 ran on narrow tyres and didn't allow you (seemingly) a real chance of victory anywhere this year?

2. There is a lot of discussion on the 10 tenths forum about the numbers of spectators that attend sportscar racing (apart from Le Mans!!). Do you notice the lack of spectators or are you too busy racing?

3. Do you actually like the 4 class system in the LMS?

4. I like the 1000kms format and think its right for sportscar racing but, do you?

Cheers

Nick
Old 15 Nov 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1766583)   #9
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which would you like best, a beautifully balanced, great handling car that allows you to concentrate on driving perfect laps, or a wild beast, a real handfull to control, that takes most of your skills to just drive it reasonably fast?
(I'm not really thinking protos or gts or real races here, just which would you like best)
Thanks in advance, and good luck, I'm a fan

OK I got another one: how scary is racing to you? If the occasional death every few races was still common practice, would you still be doing it? Do you get a kick out of a 'good crash', like J. Villeneuve says?

Last edited by Spiteful; 15 Nov 2006 at 10:08.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1767768)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time's up, guys!

Your questions, along with the Creation forum members questions, are with the drivers. Thank you very much to those who participated. "The questions are of the type that I am very pleased to see." was the response from Creation.

As promised, I'll post a link to Nic and Jamie's replies once they have been loaded on the Creation website (unless anyone spots them there before me, in which case feel free to post the link).
Old 18 Nov 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1769217)   #11
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation have posted the drivers answers on their website. It is interesting to note that they both preferred the 2005 car (for its downforce and handling).
Old 18 Nov 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1769314)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Creation have posted the drivers answers on their website. It is interesting to note that they both preferred the 2005 car (for its downforce and handling).
Here's the link to Creation's website (and Nic and Jamie's answers to the questions).

I've only had a brief look. I'd agree with canam, very interesting that the drivers both liked the 2005 03S Judd powered Rocket best of all. My overriding memory of Creation in 2005 was a constant battle against oversteer and the difficulties they had finding a good balance for the races. The reality clearly wasn't as bad as it was reported to be.

The other thing that stood out in their answers was the desire for more power. I think it was Nic who suggested 900bhp and a big rear wing!

A big thank you to Nic, Jamie, Mike and everyone at Creation who have given their time to this Q&A. Good luck for 2007, and let's hope for that elusive first win for the Team!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1770071)   #13
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im well pleased that they took the time to answer all of the questions in full. I was half expecting yes or no answers but it came accross in their answers that they seemed honestly intrested and put a bit of effort in to reading and responding to each individual question.

Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1770795)   #14
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
This makes for excellent reading! Very insightfull.
Great idea, to everyone involved.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1773260)   #15
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Question: “There is a lot of discussion on the 10 tenths forum about the number of spectators that attend sportscar racing (apart from Le Mans). Do you notice the lack of spectators or are you too busy racing?”

Nic Minassian: “It depends on the track. Spa, Nurburgring and Donington were good, Istanbul and Jerez was not so good. Yes, sometimes you can see spectators or smell BBQs (at Le Mans).
I didn´t know that LMES was at Jerez.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1773294)   #16
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
I didn´t know that LMES was at Jerez.
That explains why they were so far off the pace at Jarama