Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Oct 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2304746)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In the first lap they could better skip that chicane.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2304750)   #27
moonman
Rookie

moonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Larini was crying to the race officials until they gave Rydell a 30 second penalty for race one. The picture from Anderstorp last year says it all. I think he still doesn't like Rickard.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 5 Oct 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2304758)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Larini is a whiner
Old 5 Oct 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2304773)   #29
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
Also, just in race 2. Did Tarquini not totally cut the first chicane and gain some places, or was that another Seat ?
I noticed that as well he didn't seem to lift off once he rejoined - he went from about 9th to 4th.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2304784)   #30
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411
I noticed that as well he didn't seem to lift off once he rejoined - he went from about 9th to 4th.
Well i'm glad it wasn't just me. In my opinion he only won the race due to gaining at least 3 positions in cutting the chicane, which gave him the chance to go after the leaders.

Entertaining weekend none the less, i love Monza

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 5 Oct 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2304799)   #31
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman
And Larini was crying to the race officials until they gave Rydell a 30 second penalty for race one. The picture from Anderstorp last year says it all. I think he still doesn't like Rickard.
Hmmm, wait. The race officials, not Larini, gave the penalty to Rydell. And if you watch the situation, it was obvious that Rydell cut the chicane, so I think this is just a correct decision and has nothing to do with whining.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2304816)   #32
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That first chicane is a bit of a joke. In race 2 about half the field made no attempt to take the corner and headed for the grass.

Tarquini has now been given a delay penalty and will drop 5 grid places at the next race.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2304820)   #33
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman

[IMG][/IMG]
I still remember that race, I still think it was cool that Rickard just gave everything, now he had the chance. Obviously it was not in the teams best interest, but he was on the hometurf in a fast car.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2304879)   #34
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1719004.shtml

I'm not quite sure where they are coming from with that penalty ? Would it not make sense to apply a penalty to the actual event itself ?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 5 Oct 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2304922)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1719004.shtml

I'm not quite sure where they are coming from with that penalty ? Would it not make sense to apply a penalty to the actual event itself ?
But in that case he would lose his victory...
Old 6 Oct 2008, 06:48 (Ref:2305129)   #36
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringCarTimes
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2773

The penalty for Tarquini is relatively light, as Rickard Rydell was handed a 30 second penalty for the same infringement during the first race today at Monza. The Stewards took into consideration the special circumstances of the confusion surrounding what happened at the first corner, which made it difficult for the driver to understand which position he should rejoin not to gain the advantage.
It's like a football referee saying "yes, it was hands, but it was just with the fingers. So instead of a penalty from 11 meters, it will be a penalty from 21 meters."
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2305233)   #37
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, that was indeed a bit weird. Rydel was in front all the time, so what place was he supposed to "give back" while Tarquini clearly overtook several front runners in that move.

My conclusion...
Racetrack stewards + Larini and Tarquini = Italians
Rydel = Not Italian

If they can't look past nationality when making rulings there, perhaps WTCC shouldnt go to Italy at all...

In any case, the real problem is the very bad design of that chicane. There should just be no way cutting across the grass and that patch of asphalt should be quicker then staying on track, and you wont see 20 cars passing there on the first lap. Make eg the last 50% of it a sandbunker and put some zigzaging obstacles at the end of that alsphalt patch, and the cars will not rejoin the track miles ahead of where they should be.

Tags
wtcc