Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2546391)   #101
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know if Bamboo have purchased a car yet, but if RML/Silverline continue in the BTCC in 2010, then surely the Cruze will be their weapon of choice leaving a number of Lacettis up for sale?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2546678)   #102
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see Matt Allison or James Nash In the second Bamboo Lacetti.
I think Nash would be a good option considering he is missing brands To save up for next year.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2546690)   #103
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkd56 View Post
It would be good to see Matt Allison or James Nash In the second Bamboo Lacetti.
I think Nash would be a good option considering he is missing brands To save up for next year.
Yes, but... he would'nt get a better prepared Chevvy than at RML. And as RML did a cheaper deal for this year than Tempus/Bamboo, surely the option would be to stay at RML?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2546810)   #104
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Peters View Post
Yes, but... he would'nt get a better prepared Chevvy than at RML. And as RML did a cheaper deal for this year than Tempus/Bamboo, surely the option would be to stay at RML?
I agree, when you hear a car is run/prepared by RML you know it is done by one of the best companies in the business, the fact that they are cheaper than Tempus/Bamboo is a bonus.

I would go for RML any day of the week.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2546829)   #105
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't the reason why Tempus / Bamboo are dearer is because they get charged RML's rates for spares etc!
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2546876)   #106
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will RML still continue to support the Lacetti next year with the Cruze on the scene?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2546882)   #107
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If there's money to be made supplying spares for the Lacetti, and there will be, then RML will definitely continue to support it.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2546923)   #108
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Isn't the reason why Tempus / Bamboo are dearer is because they get charged RML's rates for spares etc!
Correct.. Bamboo have to pay for an RML engineer to be there as well...
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2546939)   #109
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If there's money to be made supplying spares for the Lacetti, and there will be, then RML will definitely continue to support it.
I agree with that, I was more thinking that will they continue to race-prep any Lacettis?
I can envisage them switching to this year's Cruzes for any BTCC effort, and gearing up to running the Cruze in any other series entered.
At present, they can arrive at a BTCC meeting with a truck-load of tools and spares for the Lacetti. If running the Cruze will they want to travel with two different sets of spares, or would they more willing to act as suppliers to Bamboo et al, releasing Nash into a second Bamboo seat?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2546948)   #110
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Peters View Post
Correct.. Bamboo have to pay for an RML engineer to be there as well...
Why doesn't Harry just cut out the middle man and pay RML to run him?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2546982)   #111
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands 09

Well the second Bamboo car could be a return for warren hughes who is harrys driver coach - rumours of a second car for brands could be true now nash is'nt doing it!

888 could also be starting a VW touring car program! May have a show car at brands
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2546984)   #112
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow that would be great, but please may i ask, where on earth did u find that one out, i would love to believe it, but i have heard nothing off this atall??
Old 23 Sep 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2547009)   #113
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I agree with that, I was more thinking that will they continue to race-prep any Lacettis?
Will there be any Cruzes available? Depends if they build new cars for next year's WTCC and if anyone else wants to buy this year's cars. For that matter will there be any Lacettis available. Assuming Bamboo do buy a second car maybe another team will want to buy the two Silverline cars, and I don't necessarily mean a BTCC team, the Lacettis are still usable in other series.

Quote:
If running the Cruze will they want to travel with two different sets of spares, or would they more willing to act as suppliers to Bamboo et al, releasing Nash into a second Bamboo seat?
I doubt they would want to run both models themselves. Equally they aren't going to be a mobile parts shop for Bamboo and bring a truck full of spares to each race. It will be up to Bamboo to buy the parts they need in advance and carry their own stock.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2547443)   #114
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Chevrolet will have new cars in WTCC next year.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2547456)   #115
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I guess that would leave them with a few chassis to send over to the BTCC if Silverline continue.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2548235)   #116
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Well the second Bamboo car could be a return for warren hughes who is harrys driver coach - rumours of a second car for brands could be true now nash is'nt doing it!

888 could also be starting a VW touring car program! May have a show car at brands
With the Scirroco?
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2548241)   #117
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I prefer the Passat
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2548243)   #118
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Scirocco has already been homolgated in Sweden. They're 11th and 12th in the STCC, pedalled by Freddy Ekblom and Patrik Olsson. Then again I don't think 888 would buy customer cars from Biogas.se (whoever the hell they are?) unless they were VWAG factory, which bearing in mind SEAT's pullout would be stratospherically unlikely.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2548485)   #119
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I find it unlikely that we will see the Sirocco in the UK, its caused too much controversy in Sweden, much like the C30. I hope to see a Cruze or two next year, however I could see one of the Cruze's ending up in Sweden.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2548501)   #120
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Hmmm, I find it unlikely that we will see the Sirocco in the UK, its caused too much controversy in Sweden, much like the C30. I hope to see a Cruze or two next year, however I could see one of the Cruze's ending up in Sweden.
Controversy or not, the rules are that if it's allowed in Sweden it's OK in the BTCC - the national homolgations are reciprocal, so the Vectra is allowed in Sweden and over here the C30, Scirocco, and the other Swedish national cars are permitted if someone wants to bring them over.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2548534)   #121
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Isn't that more because of the engine?
For me the Scirocco and C30 are 3 door hatchbacks and not coupes like the Honda Integra.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2548572)   #122
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about the Jetta?
Old 26 Sep 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2548588)   #123
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Isn't that more because of the engine?
For me the Scirocco and C30 are 3 door hatchbacks and not coupes like the Honda Integra.
I was under the impression it was because of the 3 door cars.. Im probably wrong, as usual.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2548674)   #124
Bowser
Rookie

Bowser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting bit towards the end ..

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.u...ckingham_roll/
Old 26 Sep 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2548687)   #125
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
interesting bit towards the end ..
Do you mean "Touring Cars has people by Jason Plato and Matt Neal, who the crowd love."

Interesting, if not necessarily accurate
Closed Thread