Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 14 Sep 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2955431)   #51
turbo tim
Rookie

turbo tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just wondering if anybody might point me in the right direction. i have a system 3 that i need too upload software onto. i think i might have the parrelel port configured incorrect. the display shows the download, but then the server shows a connection error. any help much appreciated.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2984254)   #52
Drivingtoperfection
Rookie

Drivingtoperfection should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem to write equation

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I have a problem to solve. I just installed PI Toolbox on my computer and try to create a new channel with an equation.
I can create a new channel, then I can write "derivate()" with Ctrl+Space, then after I go between brackets and with Ctrl+Space I just find on the list " [channel ". Note, when I try to put " [ " and " ] " with my keaboard it start to be completly crasy an write some Chinese characters and it impossible to write anything after that. The only solution is to close the PI Toolbox program and restart it.
Second problem, when I put " [channel " no one rolling list comes and I can't choose a channel to derivate. ???
Precision, I don't have any Dongle (and I don't now how to put it !) installed.
Someone can help me please ? Thank you
Old 7 Jan 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3008517)   #53
Umerkhan
Rookie

Umerkhan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, i am new to Ten-Tenths and Pi toolbox. I am working on cruden in my university, I need a little help in math channels, I have done the compare time, steering angle.

would you please help me telling what other mass channels will be helpful in making my driver faster?
thanks.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3009016)   #54
FillDovenht
Rookie

FillDovenht should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PI:Lookup table, constant and maximum

I would like to solve some issues with PI Toolbox:

Lookup table: I don't know why but when I try to create a new lookup table in the Pi Math Management window it doesn't work and the message "Error: invalid definition" appears even if I think I have the good syntax, good definition... for example:

table #BumpRubber= C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\A.xls\Feuil1!B1:B10

I have the Pi toolbox 6 lite version.

Constant: I try to create new constant with the copy and paste command: "copy a value from an Excel spreadsheet and paste it into a constant value field. The Excel Cell location and Excel File paths are automatically entered." but again it doesn't work and I don't know why..

Maximum(): If I use the following command
maximum([Speed]) The software find the outing maximum speed ( Returns 1 when speed reaches its maximum else returns 0) the problem is I want to find the maximum speed for each region and I don't know how using the function maximum only for one region.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3010067)   #55
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone by any chance have a manual for this Dash????

I need to build the loom but need to know the pinouts on the Lemo connectors...

thx in advance!!
Old 22 Jan 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3015281)   #56
t45_ste
Rookie

t45_ste should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a manual for that dash.

I also have a spare loom, what type of vehicle are you fitting it into?
Old 28 Mar 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3050196)   #57
turbo tim
Rookie

does anyone have a downloadable user manual for a system 3 by any chance?
Old 29 Mar 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3050476)   #58
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, my PDF's only include system 1 and 2.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3050741)   #59
turbo tim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom View Post
Sorry, my PDF's only include system 1 and 2.
thanks anyway, well failing that might you know where i might buy a hardback copy?
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3050990)   #60
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Have a word with Tony Kent (http://www.tkracingservices.co.uk/)
Old 18 Apr 2012, 23:43 (Ref:3061778)   #61
BrettFrancis
Rookie

BrettFrancis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo tim View Post
does anyone have a downloadable user manual for a system 3 by any chance?
Send me a PM - I have quite a few PDF files of most PI systems. I seem to have a "System 3 Club User Guide" and a "System 3/3+ Hardware Reference" manual. If I look harder I've probably got more.

BF
Old 6 Jun 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3086570)   #62
turbo tim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettFrancis View Post
Send me a PM - I have quite a few PDF files of most PI systems. I seem to have a "System 3 Club User Guide" and a "System 3/3+ Hardware Reference" manual. If I look harder I've probably got more.

BF
cheers, just what i needed
Old 5 Jul 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3102467)   #63
sebring115
Rookie

sebring115 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tyre radius

Hi

Anyone know the hot keys for showing tyre radius in a set of data in expert windows. I seem to remember something like ctrl C or something like. Memory/skill is failing me at the moment!!

Cheers

Mark
Old 11 Jul 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3105284)   #64
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PI DASH SYSTEM 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know they where used a lot in formula ford at some point
Can anyone help me i have fitted a old PI dash system 2 to my race car and although it works fine in the car when i connect it to my PC to download the data my pc says says no communication check the leads but no matter what i do it wont connect i have a 4 pin code to register it which i have tried but to no avil has any one got any ideas ???
Old 24 Sep 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3140851)   #65
Alemao_Am
Rookie

Alemao_Am should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everybody.
Someone would have to download the software V6?

thank you
Old 5 Dec 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3175454)   #66
Tuscan63
Rookie

Tuscan63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, currently just started working with Pi ay uni in my final year and to be honest am a bit lost. So was wondering if could pick your brains a little:

Basically I have to develop some maths channels of my own using some data we have got, the driver I am working with always seems to lock up his brakes and turn in while still fully on brakes so was hoping to develop some sort of bit indicator that showed when he was too hard on the brakes and turning in over x amount of radians.

So wanted to do some sort of If statement linked to a bit indicator basically, however I don't really know where to start any help please guys?
Old 5 Dec 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3175560)   #67
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my guessing is your going to need to create a nested if statement which will then output an "error" code which the bit indicator will pick up depending on the severity of the lockup depending on what you wish to do. do you have wheelspeed sensors on both front wheels and is it inside wheel lockup your wishing to highlight? if you want to link it to brake system pressure then your going to have to accertain exactly what "too hard" on the brakes is at this point and include that value within your "nest of ifs" (and link it to a constant to allow easy adjustment of this value)

Is the aim of the channel to simply highlight to the driver during analysis when he is locking up during turn in? and will you be using this to try to modify the drivers pedal pressure during trail braking phase?

quick question, have you worked your way through the toolbox tutorial+ Supplied data supplied with toolbox? it is useful to work through if your new to toolbox to get a feel for how maths channel code is constructed, as its a bit different from writing statements in excel for example.

Last edited by GolddustMini; 5 Dec 2012 at 23:55.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3177659)   #68
akiyamatr7
Rookie

akiyamatr7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pi 3+ Pidd

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread, and I'm happy to see any info on Pi, its been awhile since I last used mine, but I have a 3+, octal box, lots of expansion modules etc. But the last time I used it, I had to use an older laptop/RS232 port. I don't want to buy a newer version software to use USB, is there any other options?
Thanks
Old 11 Dec 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3177688)   #69
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiyamatr7 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to this thread, and I'm happy to see any info on Pi, its been awhile since I last used mine, but I have a 3+, octal box, lots of expansion modules etc. But the last time I used it, I had to use an older laptop/RS232 port. I don't want to buy a newer version software to use USB, is there any other options?
Thanks
RS232 to usb converter?
Old 12 Dec 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3178092)   #70
akiyamatr7
Rookie

akiyamatr7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure I'm calling it right RS232, its the old printer port, and its a 25 pin connecter, I've tried a few other adapters for a serial, and haven't had to much luck, does this help?
thanks
Old 12 Dec 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3178103)   #71
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Centronics/parallel printer port?
Old 31 Dec 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3183141)   #72
350LH
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
350LH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will need to use a laptop that has a parallel printer port, don't even try to get it to work with serial/usb. The software is only compatible with windows 95/98 operating systems. I found the best way to get it to work is to buy the newest laptop you can find that still has a parallel port, install windows xp or win 7 32 bit, then use a virtual emulation program like vmware workstation, then install and run widows 98 virtually and connect to the parallel port.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3183222)   #73
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Or something like this on any laptop?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/351588...%7Cprd:3515887
Old 6 Jan 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3185582)   #74
e46stance
Rookie

e46stance should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PI math channel

Doing a project using a very incapable driver, and have to create a math channel that would benefit him in me being able to show where he could improve. Im a little stuck with what channel i could create and how to create it. Currently using brakes, speed, throttle and steering. What else could i add to this and how could i write it?
Thanks
Abraham
Old 6 Jan 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3185612)   #75
Paceracing
Racer

Paceracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Pi software are you using? Is it Pi Toolbox or Club Expert Windows? If Toolbox, you need to write a maths channel that compares time. Load two laps, (fastest lap and another slower lap) and compare using the fastest lap as the datum. You can then add in the other channels to see why the driver was slower and where it occured. If it is CEW, its pretty straight forward to do it. If it's the very old Pi V6, (not to be confused with Toolbox version 6.0) you may struggle.

Let me know what software you are using and I will post instructions with some screen shots if poss.