Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 6 Aug 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3841795)   #1
gordonian
Rookie

gordonian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
steering wheel rotations

can someone please tell me if, by changing the pulley on a power steering pump to a smaller diameter will it alter the steering wheel the less rotation
Old 6 Aug 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3841797)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonian View Post
can someone please tell me if, by changing the pulley on a power steering pump to a smaller diameter will it alter the steering wheel the less rotation
Yes I can and no it won't!
The number of steering wheel rotations from lock to lock is a simple gearing issue inside the steering rack (or steering box). This is the component that you would have to change to make the difference you are looking for.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3841814)   #3
gordonian
Rookie

gordonian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes I can and no it won't!
The number of steering wheel rotations from lock to lock is a simple gearing issue inside the steering rack (or steering box). This is the component that you would have to change to make the difference you are looking for.
thank you, you have confirmed my arguement with an old friend
Old 6 Aug 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3841822)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonian View Post
thank you, you have confirmed my arguement with an old friend
Glad to help. If there was any money riding on this I expect my share!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3841899)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
All that would do is make the pump go faster, and seeing that it runs at a variable rate linked to engine speed it wouldn't make any difference except it might make a few more bubbles in the reservoir
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3842173)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm going to put a smaller pulley on the aircon pump in my car so it gets colder,
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Aug 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3842245)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'm going to put a smaller pulley on the aircon pump in my car so it gets colder,
I think it worked Gordon, according to today's weather forecast local temperatures here are going to be 6° - 7° lower than yesterday...
Old 8 Aug 2018, 23:54 (Ref:3842419)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think it worked Gordon, according to today's weather forecast local temperatures here are going to be 6° - 7° lower than yesterday...
Well I never, you lot can thank me for that, I've left all the windows open with the blower on full 24/7 with a full tank of fuel