Old 23 Oct 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3858589)   #1
rodorico83
Rookie

Spain
Belgium
rodorico83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lola b99 engine fitting/ stress questions

Dear all.
I want to install a solution F 3.5 engine in a lola b99.
However the version i bought is the one used STCC.
I have several stress and fitting concerns.

Im trying to do the installation based on already made one on a lola t96 with nissan aer p25 (same engine block as mine and same grbox).

There is a problem with the heads. and might need to be changed as the one i have have no bore in the cylinder head cover to pass the bulkead studs and spread load along the head, currently talking with Solution F about how to solve this, same problem in the back of the engine.

Apart of this in the lola t96 installation the bulkead top support plates that holds the upper studs is also bolted on the side of the tub. I wonder if that is really required, as the original car has no thread inserts there, and if the original configuration was able to handle the zytek engine why not the solution F ?

any insight ?

Also due to the need of a sandwich plate between engine and grbox in the t96, the grbox output shaft has be enlarged 1 cm. However is not easy to get this shaft manufacture. as workaround to this would be possible to place a 1cm alloy spacer between crankshaft and flywheel ?

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Oct 2018 at 18:14. Reason: Removed link
Old 23 Oct 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3858671)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to tentenths. Could you post your photos here please. Thanks
Old 22 Jan 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3877757)   #3
rodorico83
Rookie

Spain
Belgium
rodorico83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been busy...

Some progress has been done, both cars has been 3d scanned (engine grbox and tube) a initial design of the engine-grbox plate has been done. Now we will try to verify that all fixing points of the plate matches accurately with grbox and engine.
in meantime grbox is being rebuilt, new longer input shaft is being done.
Flywheel is being also manufactured based on original Solution F flywheel (however instead of carbon, will be done for metallic stepped flywheel)

the engine with the open airbox is the original used in world series and mine has been used in european tourism champ, as you can see we will have to put alloy cam cover so we can have fix to the tub

some pics here and more in the pdf report.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20180825-WA0005.jpg   unnamed.png   2379610_orig2.jpg  

3d-1.PNG   3d-2.PNG  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Report f3000.pdf (1.52 MB, 6 views)