Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Dec 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1779869)   #1
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Ascari KZ1R for British GT - pics

Hi there,

I attended the general test at Donington Park last Thursday (23/11/06) and was lucky enough to see the new Jones brothers Ascari KZ1R undergoing some of its first tests in readiness for the 2007 British GT championship.

Here is one of my pics: -

The Essen Motorshow has started today in Germany and this same car is being exhibited, here is a picture from the show.

Regards

Tim
Old 1 Dec 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1779877)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was sceptical about GT3 being the top class in British GT, but after seeing the Ascari hassle the Panoz and 430 at Silverstone, I'm all for it, especially if we see Astons, Jaguars and Vipers.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1779889)   #3
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

Well we will definately see the Viper in British GT next year.

This one is being run by RPM in 2007 and was also testing at Donington.

Regards

Tim
Old 2 Dec 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1780000)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see a Maserati and Corvette in the GT3 bunch too. But even if it is an all-GT3 affair, BGT could see some tremendous racing in '07! I do like that Ascari... I wonder, are there any vids of it online? Never really heard it on it's own.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1780012)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I'd like to see a Maserati and Corvette in the GT3 bunch too. But even if it is an all-GT3 affair, BGT could see some tremendous racing in '07! I do like that Ascari... I wonder, are there any vids of it online? Never really heard it on it's own.
Take a look at http://www.gigawave.co.uk/ and then select on board video system - There's plenty there to see you through a leisurely weekend breakfast - a nice in-house TV feature from DAmax's first test with the car - I'm even in it!!!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1780135)   #6
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the video link. Very nice looking cars. Sound a bit quiet though. Do they run road-legal exhausts or did they turn the sound down on the video? Would love to see (and hear!) a GT2 version in the LMS.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1780138)   #7
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks really nice, british gt is shaping up to be really good nesxt year.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1780917)   #8
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT3 in British GT in 07

Definitely looking good for GT3, to my knowledge there could/should be the following:

Aston - Barwell x 3?
Mosler - Rollcentre x 3?
Viper - Rpm x 2 + 3 other solo entries I know of for definite = 5
Ascari - Damax x 2
Porsche 997 - Rpm x 2 + Surely some others from Carrera Cup ?!
Lotus - Cadena ? x ?
Ferrari 430 - Guys that had a 360 this year Wilcox? x1

Not heard of any Gallardos (why not could be competitive?), Corvettes (Complex aluminium chassis holding people back?) or Maseratis (not competitive in GT3) but there may be people with plans. I'm sure GG and others know more and will reveal in time...

Certainly a nice thread to while away a Sunday with....

Archibold
Old 3 Dec 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1780940)   #9
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibold
Definitely looking good for GT3, to my knowledge there could/should be the following:

Aston - Barwell x 3?
Mosler - Rollcentre x 3?
Viper - Rpm x 2 + 3 other solo entries I know of for definite = 5
Ascari - Damax x 2
Porsche 997 - Rpm x 2 + Surely some others from Carrera Cup ?!
Lotus - Cadena ? x ?
Ferrari 430 - Guys that had a 360 this year Wilcox? x1

Not heard of any Gallardos (why not could be competitive?), Corvettes (Complex aluminium chassis holding people back?) or Maseratis (not competitive in GT3) but there may be people with plans. I'm sure GG and others know more and will reveal in time...

Certainly a nice thread to while away a Sunday with....

Archibold
Well, apparently the Jones Bros are entering an Ascari too!

Add in three 997s for Trackspeed. Beechdean appear to be buying a GT3 as well. Don't know if it will be an addition to your list or already included. Perhaps Hector Lester will be back in his 430?

We could realistically see 20+ GT3s at many races next year.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1782715)   #10
gtloony
Rookie

gtloony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can add a Mosler to that list as well, my co driver has backed out so just sorting a new driver to partner me next year in BGT. Should have the car in a few weeks for testing, I have a short video of the Viper if anyone wants to see it, drop me an email and I shall send it over.

Cheers

Guy Harrington
gwaharrington@mac.com
Old 5 Dec 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1782719)   #11
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It looks as if it might be Damax x 3
Old 5 Dec 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1782721)   #12
gtloony
Rookie

gtloony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's looking that way, should be good.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1782843)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the start of the year I was very dubious about the whole GT3 idea in general. Now almost 1 year on however and it seems that this may be for the best regarding British GT, with the LMS and FIA GT Championships running strongly at the moment its only natural that a lot of the teams from GB wanted to take their machines onto the International stage.

GT3 next year should be about the same speed as GT2 this year unless im very wide of the mark. At certain tracks like Donnington the GT3 pole time was only 1.7 secs off of the GT2 pole. Added to that the GT3 cars from what ive heard are a lot cheaper to run than GT3.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 04:21 (Ref:1783022)   #14
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great, thanks for the photos
Old 6 Dec 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1783252)   #15
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yea! Looks good for full grids and good racing but again we are going down a class, we've gone from GT ONE Porsches and McLarens through NGT or GT2 Porsches and Ferraris, Vipers, Moslers, Saleen now to GT3. Still I suppose if we get good racing with 8 or 9 makes that can win and a good atmosphere it will be worth it, classes with 4 or 5 cars are not so good really even if the cars are spectacular like the battles between the Porsche and Mclaren back in 98/99
Old 6 Dec 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1783577)   #16
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I love the looks of the Ascari. And a BMW V8 and its running gear are nothing to sneer at either when it comes to racing pedigree and reliability.

A GT2 version would also be very nice.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 06:19 (Ref:1783799)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
It can't run in GT2 - Carbon chassis
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1784508)   #18
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ah, OK. Too bad about that. Still a stunning car though. Wish I could afford the road version.