Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1941562)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2008 (merged)

It usually falls to me to start the annual 'what's your plans for next year's Le Mans' thread and, to uphold tradition, here it is!

I know it's possibly just a little early but I'm sure there are people who are already making plans to return next year. Let us just hope that there is some decent weather next year. This year was exceedingly tedious!

I am planning on taking a break from Le Mans but don't let that stop you attending!

As you'll see from the following threads, the whole thing has become very popular here on 10 Tenths with the annual 10 Tenths Get Together on Saturday morning an annual 'event'!

Le Mans 2000
Le Mans 2001
Le Mans 2002
Le Mans 2003
Le Mans 2004
Le Mans 2005
Le Mans 2006
Le Mans 2007

Last edited by Adam43; 19 Jun 2007 at 11:02.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1940192)   #2
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 2008

Someone always starts early.

So here goes.

Peugeot for 08 IMHO.

Will the regs change?

Who will run the Lola Coupe?

Will we see Corvette again in GT1?

I think this year was a watershed for GT1.

Last edited by Splendid Cat; 17 Jun 2007 at 20:27.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1940201)   #3
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, i think you get the prize.

Thought this years was started early enough....
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1940207)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
neah . no prize

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1940219)   #5
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
neah . no prize

There is a modicum of substance in the thread tho...
Old 17 Jun 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1940264)   #6
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do believe Lola are talking to Japanese and Korean manufacturers, or something, it was said sometime in the 24 hours I think, though I may be getting confused, anybody else watch the Motors TV coverage? Anybody back me up? (or tell me I'm an idiot & i made it up)
Old 18 Jun 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1940530)   #7
surfsoccer
Rookie

surfsoccer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait to see Acura come next year and absolutely steamroll the LMP2 class. Maybe the thought of such an event will encourage Porsche to grow some balls and bring the RS Spyder out to play on the big stage as well. The reliability of this years field was absolutely appalling and i cant wait for some overly professional operations to come in and help the class out.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1941107)   #8
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back, have already started planning for next....
Old 18 Jun 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1941169)   #9
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be there... i just have to pass 1 exam at university and it will be for sure... i have been there only 2005 and i didn't missed too much not being there in 2006 but this year was really a pity not being there and in 2008 with big battles in every class i just HAVE to be there!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1941191)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately no plans to attend the race next year, but am targeting both Sebring and Petit. Broke college guy so the flight and whole week stay would kill me, but with be with you all online and watching every hour SPEED covers for the 6th straight year and on 10 Tenths as well.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1941196)   #11
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Unfortunately no plans to attend the race next year, but am targeting both Sebring and Petit. Broke college guy so the flight and whole week stay would kill me, but with be with you all online and watching every hour SPEED covers for the 6th straight year and on 10 Tenths as well.
My friends and I will be going to both Sebring and Petit, you're more than welcome to come along.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:19 (Ref:1941337)   #12
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
i didn't missed too much not being there in 2006
Well, Porsche's win streak in GT2 was broken by Panoz...

Oreca will be back in 2008 with their Saleen S7Rs. They said they were down on power compared to the Prodrive-built Aston Martin DBR9s.

I don't understand why Terry Borcheller didn't race the # 55 Saleen S7R this year as he has raced Saleen S7Rs, and won with them, since 2001.

Nicolas Lapierre drove the # 55 car with Soheil Ayari and Stéphane Ortelli, but Lapierre had never driven in a 24 Hour race before Le Mans 2007. He still won the Jean Rondeau Prize awarded to the most promising debutant.

press release from sponsor (Matmut):

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...k=view&id=2844
Old 19 Jun 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1941372)   #13
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsoccer
I can't wait to see Acura come next year and absolutely steamroll the LMP2 class. Maybe the thought of such an event will encourage Porsche to grow some balls and bring the RS Spyder out to play on the big stage as well. The reliability of this years field was absolutely appalling and i cant wait for some overly professional operations to come in and help the class out.
help the class out? it is one for privateers.

The Noel Del Bello Courage LC75 AER had gearbox troubles.

http://www.lizhalliday.com/pages/new...l.aspx?nid=604

T2M Motorsport didn't test their Dome S101.5 Mader (or is it Mechachrome) until early May.

Rollcentre withdrew their Radical SR9 Judd after Embassy Racing bought it back in April.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1941474)   #14
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm i wanna be there, but there's uni exam season to think about.
And i'll be broke. But i can hope, or blag a job there somewhere. I hear radio le mans are always looking for new talent, and i could EASILY yack for 24 hours
Old 19 Jun 2007, 09:41 (Ref:1941477)   #15
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
help. there are two threads. can we change the name on one or other pleasey?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1941605)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plan's are already starting to take shape....
Old 19 Jun 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1941809)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
help. there are two threads. can we change the name on one or other pleasey?
They are now merged.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1941816)   #18
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
They are now merged.
good stuff.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1941828)   #19
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm gonna try and make it next year .. wish me luck

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1941961)   #20
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After a ****poor camping allocation yet again from the ACO we have gone over the dark side and booked a number of Houx tickets from an agency for 2008.

There's also The Classic to look forward too next year.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1942005)   #21
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
After a ****poor camping allocation yet again from the ACO we have gone over the dark side and booked a number of Houx tickets from an agency for 2008.

There's also The Classic to look forward too next year.

I am getting the feeling that camping ACO-style is not the way to go. As we are planning for next year, we have yet to decide on camping or renting a B&B in a town nearby (some ladies might accompany us, so some creature conforts are a must, at least that is what they think).
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1942021)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sample set of one, I realize, but I recommend the B+B route.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2007, 00:58 (Ref:1942167)   #23
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I plan to go in 2008, after loving my first visit to LM this year. My group won't be going next year by the sounds of things, so I'm a little unsure what to book just yet. If I book in, say, 2-3 months time, would I still be able to get a grandstand seat and a campsite ticket? If I'm with numerous people I'd want to be in Houx Annexe again, but if there is only 2 or 3 then I'd go for somewhere that looked pretty quiet, like the campsite around Mulsanne corner. Things are completely up in the air right now regarding organisation.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 09:08 (Ref:1942347)   #24
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't bother getting my grandstand tickets this year till March. So I think you'll be fine.

Next year I'm thinking of sampling another campsite after 6 years on the Annex.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1942594)   #25
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will i be going again?, YES I BLOODY WILL!!!, okay we somehow managed to get a cancellation on the camping side of things and we camped in the middle of the track which was groovy and all.

it was my first time at lemans and i have to be honest i loved it, we watched the start of the race and then scrammed to the porsche curve's, now that was awesome stuff, particularly the peugeot 908's, yes they were horribly quiet and so were the audi's but my god did they shift through the corners and on the straight's compared to the other car's.

for me though the highlight was at indianapolis at night, terte rouge and the porsche curve's at dawn, that was absolutely fabulous, and although arena were not there and swiss spirit bit the bullet, i simply fell in love with the barazi epsilon zytek and the lowe's car.

tbh the only bad thing was the deluge towards the end of the race and the rain on thursday qualifying, other than that it was fabulous and thanks to all the guys on here who pointed me in the right direction, it ended up being me and a friend going in the end, next year i intend on driving myself and bringing a few people and convert them from football to lemans!