Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Oct 2022, 23:37 (Ref:4130075)   #1
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC drivers' jobs

Apologies if this has been spoken about on here before, but I'm curious about the jobs of BTCC drivers.

I can't imagine there are many who like in the Super Touring days are paid by a team or manufacturer and that plenty of the current drivers have jobs. Does anyone know what they do for a living?
Old 13 Oct 2022, 01:03 (Ref:4130076)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A lot are race instructors.

Crees is / was a plumber!

Ollie Jackson works for Alcon / Mountune? Something like that.

Shedden & Butcher work at Knockhill?
Old 13 Oct 2022, 06:49 (Ref:4130084)   #3
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of them will be doing lots of 'bits and bobs' - especially those who take a wage from the sponsorship they raise.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 07:15 (Ref:4130090)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Turkington did work for his Dad's gardening business. JP has of course done TV work. Rick Parfitt Jr likes to make music like his late father
Old 13 Oct 2022, 07:16 (Ref:4130091)   #5
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
A lot are race instructors.

Crees is / was a plumber!

Ollie Jackson works for Alcon / Mountune? Something like that.

Having looked on Companies House I suspect you are rather underselling Jackson's role!
Also I seem to recall Butcher saying he hardly goes to Knockhill
Old 13 Oct 2022, 07:30 (Ref:4130099)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Butcher is the son of the circuit owner, I'm not sure he actually has a job there.

Shedden does work there, he's something like 'Commercial Director', and also happens to be married to the circuit owner's daughter
Old 13 Oct 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4130104)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Also I seem to recall Butcher saying he hardly goes to Knockhill
I think that was in relation to him saying that he hardly ever drives around the circuit, as opposed to actually going there.

I'm not sure if he still has the role, but he was recently described as the circuit's 'Event Operations Manager'.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4130109)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Sutton is a bus conductor.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 11:52 (Ref:4130114)   #9
Bluebell
Rookie

Bluebell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and Tingram works at my local Greggs.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4130119)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
...and Tingram works at my local Greggs.
Is that only after the Ginsters pasty crimping work dried up?