Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2022, 03:34 (Ref:4127803)   #91
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely the Murdoch family sold Sky to Comcast a few years ago. And that's an American cable company that is in competition with Liberty, certainly in the States. Sky News is also owned, as far as I know, by Comcast as well.

One Australian outfit that is fairly active outside of Australia is Macquarie Bank, which has been hoovering up quite a few companies around the world.
An Australian company making headlines in the world of electric cars has recently been in the news for taking their production operations to the US making chargers.

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/news/aust...resident-biden
Old 29 Sep 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4127827)   #92
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
An Australian company making headlines in the world of electric cars has recently been in the news for taking their production operations to the US making chargers.

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/news/aust...resident-biden
Wow I have never heard of them here, and I follow such things
Surely they would be more likely to sponsor a Formula E or another EV category than F1?
Time will tell.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 03:50 (Ref:4133997)   #93
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Alpine have fired their head of legal affairs as a direct result of the situation with Oscar Piastri last summer. In her position, Benedicte Mercer was directly involved in the contracts of drivers within Alpine, which included Piastri.

Records (at Company House) show that Mercer was 'terminated' on 8 November 2022.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/15849...stri-case.html

Scapegoat maybe but clearly her function was administration and drawing up of contracts so fair game probably given the merde that it all led to.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4134165)   #94
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting find. Does sounds reasonable that someone would need to take the hit.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 13:37 (Ref:4134725)   #95
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/sz...2023/10404471/

Snip Speaking at Sunday's Abu Dhabi season finale, Szafnauer believes Alpine has come out better from F1's standout silly season saga, because he thinks Gasly is a better driver than Piastri will turn out to be.

Oh Otmar, sometimes you should just move on
Old 24 Nov 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4134727)   #96
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Snip Speaking at Sunday's Abu Dhabi season finale, Szafnauer believes Alpine has come out better from F1's standout silly season saga, because he thinks Gasly is a better driver than Piastri will turn out to be.

I guess only time will tell on that one. Only a few years ago we had a poster that was telling us that the 'Honey Badger' was a better driver than Max Verstappen would ever become.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4134732)   #97
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new lap record!steve_r is going for a new lap record!steve_r is going for a new lap record!steve_r is going for a new lap record!steve_r is going for a new lap record!steve_r is going for a new lap record!
Gasly has looked brilliant at times. This season though, he seems to have gone off the boil somewhat. Whether this is down to car or driver I don't know. I think a change of scenery might do him some good.

I have no idea how Piastri will get on. He was certainly highly sought after.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 21:34 (Ref:4134758)   #98
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Speaking at Sunday's Abu Dhabi season finale, Szafnauer believes Alpine has come out better from F1's standout silly season saga, because he thinks Gasly is a better driver than Piastri will turn out to be.

He may be right, re driver talent or he may be wrong - no way of knowing either way (yet) - no data for Otmar, none for us on that yet.

Agree that he should move on though - the whole saga and many of the things that he had to say did not paint Otmar in a good light at all.

I actually found it quite interesting that when there were questions about Aston Martin component legality this year, Daddy Stroll didn't blaze away threatening legal action in the way that he's threatened previously - made me wonder if it was Otmar winding him up back then and if without that winding up, he is being more circumspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Gasly has looked brilliant at times. This season though, he seems to have gone off the boil somewhat. Whether this is down to car or driver I don't know. I think a change of scenery might do him some good.

I have no idea how Piastri will get on. He was certainly highly sought after.
Agree with this - Gasly has generally punched above his weight up until this year, has been one of the great shames of this season that we haven't seen some Gasly heroics at some stage. Whatever the cause, Alpine may be a positive change for him or it may not - I'm hopeful that it IS a positive change and we see some special weekends for him as on his day, he can be genuinely special.

As for Piastri, no question that he's good but remains to be seen how good he is in an F1 car and in the way of these things, I don't imagine think it'll be clear to those of us watching until a couple of seasons are under his belt.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4134759)   #99
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One could argue that those coming from a RB designed car will struggle with cars from the Renault/Alpine development path?

On paper it’s a great young line up for a mid field team…should make for an even more interesting battle between Apline v Mclaren next season.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 (Ref:4134856)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gasly has stagnated at AT. He needed a fresh change, as he knew he was never going to go back to RBR