Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Aug 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4122432)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
fixed
How silly of me to forget that
Old 10 Aug 2022, 14:36 (Ref:4122440)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, you can only buy their exclusive overpriced alcohol on the premises sir
Old 15 Aug 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4122863)   #28
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, you can only buy their exclusive overpriced alcohol on the premises sir
Ya, but nobody ever checks under our RV bed for the stash.

Seriously, the ticket purchase method this year is one royal pain in the butt. I always have a reserved RV spot, two 4 day tickets and a golf cart pass. Been going for 24 years. I decided to just have all of my tickets and passes held at will call. I have to sign a waiver at will call for the golf cart pass anyways. Figured I'd just have all of the tickets in one spot. Nice thing this year is that you can order and pay for the golf cart passes online. Years past, you had to go to will call and order/pay for it there.

Plan to have the RV on the road heading to Road Atlanta by 8:00am on Tuesday. Will be pulling in close to 9:30am. Funny how I mentally do a count down. Now 43 days and counting down before I pull into our RV spot. By 8:00am on Weds, I'll have our EZ-Up set up on the inside of Turns 10 A/B. Great place to watch them coming down the long straight and into the turns.
Old 15 Aug 2022, 17:22 (Ref:4122877)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Ya, but nobody ever checks under our RV bed for the stash.

Seriously, the ticket purchase method this year is one royal pain in the butt. I always have a reserved RV spot, two 4 day tickets and a golf cart pass. Been going for 24 years. I decided to just have all of my tickets and passes held at will call. I have to sign a waiver at will call for the golf cart pass anyways. Figured I'd just have all of the tickets in one spot. Nice thing this year is that you can order and pay for the golf cart passes online. Years past, you had to go to will call and order/pay for it there.

Plan to have the RV on the road heading to Road Atlanta by 8:00am on Tuesday. Will be pulling in close to 9:30am. Funny how I mentally do a count down. Now 43 days and counting down before I pull into our RV spot. By 8:00am on Weds, I'll have our EZ-Up set up on the inside of Turns 10 A/B. Great place to watch them coming down the long straight and into the turns.
It is still 43 days away???? that's too much!
Old 16 Aug 2022, 01:28 (Ref:4122910)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's barely enough time to prep a recipe and figure out Saturday's food stuff. Considering a shoulder and making pulled pork

And I'm gone for 10 days of that 43.
Old 19 Aug 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4123172)   #31
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
39 days and counting before departure day.

Just received some images of the new Acura ARX-06.

That's one slick looking car. Can hardly wait till next year's debut. GTP should be very exciting. Hated when they dropped LMP1 from the competing.
Old 23 Aug 2022, 14:27 (Ref:4123505)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Had the opportunity to test out my rain gear in "real world conditions" yesterday. It no longer performs its sole duty. Looks like I have some shopping to do before Petit!
Old 24 Aug 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4123591)   #33
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Had the opportunity to test out my rain gear in "real world conditions" yesterday. It no longer performs its sole duty. Looks like I have some shopping to do before Petit!
Ya, this year was the year to replace a few of my old warn out items. New umbrellas, new EZ-Up and a new grill for starters. Updated the coach battery banks last year for 240 amp/hour and added portable solar panels to the mix to help keep them recharged. Last year was projected to be colder and we ran the furnace at night to keep us toasty warm. Didn't want to wake up do a dead battery bank. Everything worked flawlessly.

Dog kennel arraignments made now. Verified golf cart rental for pickup on the Monday before.

34 days and counting till we leave for the Petit.
Old 24 Aug 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4123597)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I don't want to bother new Adam, ok he's been there a bit so Abe, but the no actual ticket thing should have waited until 2023. The 25th running seems like a ticket people would want, looking at a certain user here who frames his.
Old 25 Aug 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4123660)   #35
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
I don't want to bother new Adam, ok he's been there a bit so Abe, but the no actual ticket thing should have waited until 2023. The 25th running seems like a ticket people would want, looking at a certain user here who frames his.
I don't think it's actually a no ticket thing. I believe you'll receive an actual ticket when you show up at the gate. The preprinted ticket is just a voucher to receive your actual ticket. According to Adam, they needed to stop mailed tickets due to too many lost tickets in the mail. Every "lost" ticket was a potential free entry. Will be picking up my tickets at the "Will Call" desk.
Old 25 Aug 2022, 13:32 (Ref:4123662)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
I don't think it's actually a no ticket thing. I believe you'll receive an actual ticket when you show up at the gate. The preprinted ticket is just a voucher to receive your actual ticket. According to Adam, they needed to stop mailed tickets due to too many lost tickets in the mail. Every "lost" ticket was a potential free entry. Will be picking up my tickets at the "Will Call" desk.
If that's the solution then it's worse than the old cats to kill the rats, dogs to kill the cats fun. If every single vehicle on Wed and Sat morning needs to stop and get verified and then new ticket handed over the lines will be ridiculous
Old 25 Aug 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4123678)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
For those of you who like to fly some flags at your campsite, I just discovered that Road America has a good selection of flags available in their online store:

https://shop.roadamerica.com/collections/flags

But wait, you don't see your favorite car or race team flag? You can make your own for as little as $35

https://www.northstarflags.com/custom-flag.html
Old 25 Aug 2022, 21:36 (Ref:4123687)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Where’s your flagpole son? Everyone else cool has at least 1

Still waiting for SGR to make one for me to buy
Old 26 Aug 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4123782)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just missed a 3 day Caddy test this week:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-atlanta-test/
Old 26 Aug 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4123799)   #40
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Just missed a 3 day Caddy test this week:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-atlanta-test/
From the article, the next Road Atlanta test day is Oct. 3-4 just after the Petit. Will see if they allow for spectators. If so, I can bet I'll be there. Really looking forward to seeing these beasts on the track in real competition in 2023. Road Atlanta is a great track for drivers and spectators alike.
Old 27 Aug 2022, 01:17 (Ref:4123827)   #41
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Test brisket flat and pork shoulder to on the kettle tomorrow so it's getting close to Petit time
Old 27 Aug 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4123873)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Test brisket flat and pork shoulder to on the kettle tomorrow so it's getting close to Petit time
I'm doing a pork shoulder Sunday. I forgot I had it in the freezer so pulled it out this week. I'll just be doing a standard rub and might make a mustard based bbq sauce.

sent during haircut
Old 27 Aug 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4123898)   #43
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
I'm doing a pork shoulder Sunday. I forgot I had it in the freezer so pulled it out this week. I'll just be doing a standard rub and might make a mustard based bbq sauce.

sent during haircut
Well, not as complex as doing a pork shoulder, but I plan to fix up a batch of boiled peanuts on Tues and have them available for anyone who would like some all week long. As long as they last. We do have 6 lobster tails in the freezer what will be prepared on Thursday or Friday along with a beef tenderloin for a Surf-n-Turf. Simple to cook and delicious! Sorry folks but those won't be given away though.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4124298)   #44
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Petit schedule https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...PLM-022322.pdf
Old 30 Aug 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4124305)   #45
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Interesting note on Friday's schedule, has been there the last couple years

545-700 On track activities (hot track) MRRA

Last year we have Auberlin running some serious hot laps in older BMW stuff including some seriously quick ones in a Z4. It's the track's time to rent out it seems, makes you wonder who has rented it and what laps are being run. Good distraction while getting the grill hot for steak night
Old 30 Aug 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4124338)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Interesting note on Friday's schedule, has been there the last couple years

545-700 On track activities (hot track) MRRA

Last year we have Auberlin running some serious hot laps in older BMW stuff including some seriously quick ones in a Z4. It's the track's time to rent out it seems, makes you wonder who has rented it and what laps are being run. Good distraction while getting the grill hot for steak night
This seems earlier than in years past? It has been dark when Bill has been thrashing the Z4 the last couple years. Will it be darkening at all by then?
Old 31 Aug 2022, 01:13 (Ref:4124355)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Flights and lodging for Barcelona have been secured. I might be able to catch the end of the show on TV after sailing the Mediterranean and eating seafood. There's already talk of catching the UGA v Mizzou game which has noon kick written all good over, but maybe be Spaniards are more interested in PLM....

Sorry. Off topic.
Old 31 Aug 2022, 01:26 (Ref:4124356)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least you’ll get IMSA TV with no commercials!
Old 31 Aug 2022, 01:35 (Ref:4124357)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
At least you’ll get IMSA TV with no commercials!
silver linings I've never considered!!
Old 31 Aug 2022, 02:14 (Ref:4124362)   #50
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Flights and lodging for Barcelona have been secured. I might be able to catch the end of the show on TV after sailing the Mediterranean and eating seafood. There's already talk of catching the UGA v Mizzou game which has noon kick written all good over, but maybe be Spaniards are more interested in PLM....

Sorry. Off topic.
I doubt we'll see Palou doing enduro duty in one of the Ganassi cars...