Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 2004, 00:14 (Ref:980592)   #1
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya doesn't want to go to McLaren....

As F1 Live has reported, Silly season hits TOP GEAR!

I'm not to sure what to read into this....but I am still confident of a strong second part of teh season for McLaren. As some of the people on the McLaren.net forum, it is a possibility that with the Paragon opening, and all the complicated things happening on the lead up to it, and of the launch of Mercedes Ben new SLR Ferrari eating Road Car, they may have just "lost focus" on the REAL task at hand momentarily while Renault, BAR and Ferrari are completely stable, with no internal politics, and, with BAR and Renault anyway, two drivers out there fighting at it hammer and tongs which is fantastic to watch. Williams are having all sorts of internal problems on the drivers side of things, how to treat a driver who is leaving, what to do with Ralf's mouth in the press, Webber? Villeneuve? coulthard? who the hell knows. And the two classic racing teams of F1 have fallen by the waist side, much more so, McLaren.

I do not think that Renault and BAR will sustain this challenge. I just don't think these two teams have what it takes to beat Schumacher and Ferrari in the championship. MCLaren have the depth, the experience and the personel, it's just goin to take this season to get "Back on track", so we know it can be done, Kimi came VERY close last year and but not for Ferrari's chatter (sorry, I mean protest) to the FIA in late '03 Kimi would be world champion, and lets not forget Mika did it twice to FErrari and came very close for a third.
Williams, well they should be able to do it. They too, have the experience and the personel to do the job, but hell, they should have won in 01 and 02, they had the quickest car over one lap, but could not hold it together over a race distance, that and having Ralf as a team mate must be almost impossible.

Anyway, shaky news, JPM NOT to McLaren afterall? Where does that leave DC? Was this a fake plan all along between Ron and Frank? JPM to stay at Williams with VILLENEUVE? DC and Kimi to be team mates for as long as DC and Mika?

Thoughts, anyone?

Hell, I'm lovin this, lookin forward to the balance of the year. I am going to S.America for 3 months, staying with friends in Chile, then making my way to Sao Paulo for at least one month. May be booking my tickets for the Brazilian GP in a month WOO HOO. Then goin to the openin round in 2005 @ Melbourne YAY!

Old 24 May 2004, 00:18 (Ref:980600)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=54657

Already being discussed in the above thread.

Also please change your sig - see PM.

Thread closed.

Tags
jpm