Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 9 Nov 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1761817)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Want, want, want!: Touring Cars and F1!!!!

I'm trying to get hold of a video of the 1986 FIA Touring Car Champioship (nee ETC).

I know it was released back then (likely Sports Seen) but there doesn't appear to be any for sale on amazon or ebay and all that?

Also i've been after some specific mags for ages, really really want them, but had no joy. Not sure of exact dates but the following:

1981 Autosport containing Tricentrol BTCC 'seasonal survey' (highly likely to be either a December '81 or January '82)

1983 Autosport containing 1983 Trimoco BTCC 'seasonal survey' (again likely Dec/Jan issues)

Also Autosports with 1979, 1981, 82 and 83 F1 Reviews.

Appreciate these are highly likely to be sought after and protected but please gimme some news.

Last edited by marcus; 10 Nov 2006 at 23:08.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1762640)   #2
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunterer.

Wait patiently for the ETCC videos/dvd's as they may be re-released in the not too distant future.

Glyn
Old 10 Nov 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1762837)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That's certainly interesting info Glyn, what do you know?
Old 10 Nov 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1763006)   #4
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chunterer.

Thats all I do know for now, I am not sure if it is a set of year by year releases or a compilation of the Group A years. However my source was fairly confident that something will be coming along soon.

If I can find my copies of Autosprout in the attic I will let you know the editions you need for the reviews, then it is well worth trying Collectors Carbooks to see if they have them in stock. I have also tried Autosport back numbers department in the past but they were not very well organised.

Glyn
Old 11 Nov 2006, 14:04 (Ref:1763437)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn parham
Hi Chunterer.

Thats all I do know for now, I am not sure if it is a set of year by year releases or a compilation of the Group A years. However my source was fairly confident that something will be coming along soon.

If I can find my copies of Autosprout in the attic I will let you know the editions you need for the reviews, then it is well worth trying Collectors Carbooks to see if they have them in stock. I have also tried Autosport back numbers department in the past but they were not very well organised.

Glyn
Very interesting indeed - will this Group A serialisation cover just ETC or might we get very lucky and see some BTCC stuff as well?! That would be doubly excellent!

Yes I tried back numbers a few years ago and didn't get a definite line on availability.

I'll check out the firm you mentioned as well and see what's possible.

Thanks re offer of providing issues dates of said Autosport's, that will be a major help, I look forward to hearing more!
Old 12 Nov 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1763957)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1986 ETCC is available through Duke Video www.dukevideo.com

There seem to have been 2 versions of it released; The one that was sold in Australia featured commentary from Neville Hay as usual, but also from Australian's Mike Raymond & Neil Crompton.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1764293)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
The 1986 ETCC is available through Duke Video www.dukevideo.com

There seem to have been 2 versions of it released; The one that was sold in Australia featured commentary from Neville Hay as usual, but also from Australian's Mike Raymond & Neil Crompton.
Are you sure mate? I've not comes across any new copies of it in any searches over the last few years.

I've looked at the site and whilst as you say there is a mention of the 1986 series due for release on DVD shortly, there is some discrepancy in description, which seems to refer to the Aussie series, not Euro/FIA?

I'm confused!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1764659)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm this is interesting. I have the 'Aussie' version of the 1986 ETCC, but last time i checked the site (which was admittedly a while back) there was the 1986 ETCC review available. Now it seems the only one's they have are 1983, 1984 & the two-part 1988, all of which are very well-produced video's and great to watch, capturing a great time in Touring Car racing. The 1985 review used to be there as well, that was how i bought it!

The Aussie races able to be bought are the 1986 Wellington 500, and the first round of the 1986 ATCC, these are just highlights of Channel 7 Australia's coverage of these races.

As you mention these have been confirmed for DVD release shortly (a local brochure mentions all ETCC's from 1983-1988 will be available, except 1987), the one's i've purchased from Duke over the years have been VHS copies. Here are a few of the direct links;

1983 - http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/VHS/Ci...983%20VHS.aspx

1984 - http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/VHS/Ci...984%20VHS.aspx

1988 Part 1 - http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/VHS/Ci...201%20VHS.aspx
1988 Part 2 - http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/VHS/Ci...202%20VHS.aspx

It is interesting that these ETCC reviews have been available over the years on VHS (and soon made available on DVD), yet the BTCC's prior to 1991 were seemingly forgotten about and have been unavailable for purchase for many years. I have managed over the last few weeks to get my hands on the 1988, 1989 & 1990 reviews through Ebay (i'm not holding my breath to get hold of the 1987 review though!), but it's always puzzled me why they stopped selling them. The same goes for alot of the old British Open rallies, i found an old Sports Seen brochure the other month, having a flick through there were plenty of BRC individual rally reviews made, particularly of 1981/82/83. The occasional one has been released (1981 Manx for instance), but the rest seemed to be forgotten about when Duke bought Sports Seen.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1777914)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Anyone got any more helpful info on the Autosport's i'm after???
I've contacted Carbooks and I''m awaiting a response.

It's the BTCC review ones i'm really after....

Need something to read if i'm flat out over xmas!!
Old 29 Mar 2007, 12:37 (Ref:1879151)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn parham
Chunterer.

Wait patiently for the ETCC videos/dvd's as they may be re-released in the not too distant future.

Glyn
Glyn ,1986 ETC DVD was advertsied on Amazon for February release so I ordered it and it's continually being put back?

Do you or anyone else close to the company releasing it know what's happening?!!

And i'd also like to refer anyone who can help back to the start of this thread as i'm still keen to get hold of these items.

Cheers.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 16:11 (Ref:1879282)   #11
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, your having trouble getting this?

http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/DVD/To...986%20DVD.aspx
Old 30 Mar 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1879728)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yes!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 11:24 (Ref:1887129)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS
So, your having trouble getting this?

http://www.dukevideo.com/Cars/DVD/To...986%20DVD.aspx
So is it actually out then?? because I;ve had another email from Amazon saying it's delayed?

If it is available I might as well cancel the Amazon order and order it from Duke?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 12:24 (Ref:1903351)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Right, for anyone interested.

Amazon have emailed and said they've had to cancel my order for 1986 FIA Touring Car DVD because they can't get it?!

So questions are:

1/ Is it actually out yet?

2/ Where do you get it from? Is Duke only people offering it for sale?

3/ Anyone else had problems getting it?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1903555)   #15
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Duke are producing it.. You should be talking to them...
Old 1 May 2007, 10:54 (Ref:1904079)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Had an update from a kind member of Duke staff who advised that this release has been delayed possibly until late August for unforseen reasons.

I don't know if this effects the other DVD's in the 80's ETC series though.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:37 (Ref:2003570)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Release date for 1986 ETC keeps getting put back.

Duke advised that it would be out on Aug 31, but nothing's arrived as yet, but I will wait another week or so before getting the latest.

Re the Autosport's i'm after I've just found 3 of them at long last on ebay of all places!

I've bought 1979 F1 and BTCC review issues and also what I presume is the 1981 BTCC review referred to as 'Saloon Car Racing review' on front cover. (caught me out as this one was an October release I think rather than the usual December/January jobs!)

I am now after the 1981 F1 Review edition and the 1983 F1 and BTCC Review editions iof anyone can help?
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:45 (Ref:2025297)   #18
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone got any vids(not the real video!) they can put up for the 1990 btcc video as i haven't got that vid or the 1987 as i really want to see them
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2319685)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Had an email from Duke that the '86 FIA Touring Car DVD will be out next month at last. Just in time for crimbo then!!

Back to the point of my thread though, I thought i'd give it a bump!

I've sourced the '83 BTCC seasonla survey but still having great difficulty locating the following other Autosport/supplements:

1/ The 1981 Tricentrol British Saloon review issue (Oct 20 1981)
I got hold of the issue but there wasn't the supplement inside!!!

2/ 1981 F1 'Grand Prix Racing Review issue
3/ 1982 F1 same as above
4/ 1983 F1 same as above

These 3 must be December issues?

Please has anyone got spare copies of the above or know anyone who has????
Old 13 Nov 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2334383)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Had an email from Duke that the '86 FIA Touring Car DVD will be out next month at last. Just in time for crimbo then!!
It arrived yesterday. HOORAY!

Pretty much an extended version of the Channel 7 highlights that racer69 kindly sent across to me, but heck it's still worth a purchase.

Fantastic seasons racing!
Old 17 Nov 2008, 03:23 (Ref:2336156)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Great to hear it has finally been released

How much extended is it compared to the Atlab/Channel 7 release?
Old 17 Nov 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2336373)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

It's 90 mins so about half an hour more I guess?
Old 19 Nov 2008, 10:38 (Ref:2337519)   #23
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
The Shrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a fair few DVD's i had converted from VHS that are pretty good i will look to see what i have got mate.

I have loads and loads of footage of various racing on VHS its getting to convert them thats the problem. I have a fair few Vauxhall Dealer Rally reveiws id say probably from early 80's not certain exactly what years
Old 19 Nov 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2337571)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Shrew, that'll be great, if you happen to have any 'rare gem' footage of pre Sierra/M3 BTCC from the early to mid 80's i'd bite your arm off!!!
Old 19 Nov 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2337597)   #25
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
The Shrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 1 or 2 DVD of Bathhurst's that im pretty sure are Mid 80's could well be pre M3 / RS era i will check for you.

I no i defo have the BTCC season that Frank Sytner won ( 1988 if i remember correctly ) Also the season after that.