Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jul 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3659440)   #1
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2016 Round 4 - 6hours of Nürburgring

To start things up with a classic quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well, nobody else was volunteering to kick this thread off. I'll put it down to lethargy (...)

(full size from the source)

Schedule

Bits & pieces of the schedule with time conversion / countdown so you don't miss the first half hour...:

Entry List

Circuit Guides - Nurburgring website (English), Wikipedia, FIA WEC Event map (PDF)

Spotter Guide - FIA WEC (PDF)

Streaming* - WEC Stream (video, paywall), Radio Le Mans (audio)

Timing & Results - WEC Live Timing, Alkamel Systems Timing Results

Weather

WEC Standings

Fantasy Racing Challenge

And to end with a similar classic quote:

Quote:
*Free streaming links will be posted during the weekend as they become available.

Last edited by joeb; 19 Jul 2016 at 01:05.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3659445)   #2
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Woop-woop, I'll take all the e-fame I can get at this stage. Great idea to include time converters, I wonder why never thought of that given how often I use them myself.

On the factory front, we should see at least two (and probably three) new aero packages. The EoT changes are minor at best, so there any big changes in pace should be down to aero and setups.

I might be missing the start, there's a lot I need to do between the end of SuperGT @ Sugo and the start of this race.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3659499)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for getting this started. Looks like you might just have backed your way into a new gig around here!
Old 19 Jul 2016, 01:14 (Ref:3659503)   #4
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
All part of the plan I bet lol.

I'm excited for the second half of the season
Old 19 Jul 2016, 05:55 (Ref:3659529)   #5
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pity it's on the same time as F1.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3659546)   #6
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
pit walk & autograph times moved

Warning, schedule adjustments (pit walk & autograph session times have been adjusted as per FIAWEC tweet) the above linked infographic now is wrong for these points. Here's the new one:

On another note, I hope they are using the driver tracker tower (running order tower? Just a car numbers display readable from the valley) in T8 this year...
Old 19 Jul 2016, 09:54 (Ref:3659556)   #7
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Streaming link update: It seems that eurosport.de is offering a free live stream of the event, albeit seemingly geoblocked to germany. So if you're craving for german commentary, there's your second option besides being trackside in person. Oh, and the rest of the FIA WEC season will be streamed free on eurosport as well.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3659593)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Here's the pdf for the detailed (and updated I believe) zeitplan (times listed all local):

http://www.nuerburgring.de/uploads/m...6_Zeitplan.pdf
Old 19 Jul 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3659594)   #9
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
yup, that one's more up to date than the official schedule on the fiawec site.

Benefitted from the move of the autograph session and the pit walk has the porsche super sports cup race 2, which now will likely get a few more eyes watching.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3659622)   #10
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Woop-woop, I'll take all the e-fame I can get at this stage.

On the factory front, we should see at least two (and probably three) new aero packages. The EoT changes are minor at best, so there any big changes in pace should be down to aero and setups.

I might be missing the start, there's a lot I need to do between the end of SuperGT @ Sugo and the start of this race.
Why e-fame if this is not formula-e?

Besides aero and setup, the particular layout might also play a role on pace, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Pity it's on the same time as F1.
Is this really a pity? No commentary from F1 fans for a couple of hours......
Old 19 Jul 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3659628)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am hoping it will be on motors tv, now that it appears to have come back onto my options (out of administration?)
Old 19 Jul 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3659631)   #12
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Rain seems to be predicted for parts of Friday and Saturday.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3659652)   #13
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am hoping it will be on motors tv, now that it appears to have come back onto my options (out of administration?)
The good news is that it's still on the Sky EPG for Sunday, as well as on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Ch458 if you have the package)
Old 20 Jul 2016, 00:38 (Ref:3659692)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Usually, all the races of the WEC, except LM, are broadcast live and in full by MotorsTV.
Old 20 Jul 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3659698)   #15
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They'll be using the F1-layout's chicane. Not the fast one they ran last year like the VLN races. Shame. Looking forward to these super high downforce packages.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 04:14 (Ref:3659864)   #16
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I hope that everyone brought their high downforce kits--rain predicted for most of the weekend now, including the race.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3659870)   #17
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
boo it looked good at the beginning of the week, now, as I pack my stuff to actually hit the road, it gets worse and worse daily..
Old 21 Jul 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3659932)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
What else did you expect in the Eiffel???

We're long overdue a true rain race - too bad Eduardo will ruin most of the fun again with an extended behind-the-SC-start as soon as he sees a smokey green glare on his radar screen... (nowadays I wonder if race control rooms even have a single window, not that any of them would stick their head outta of it anyway....)
Old 21 Jul 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3659991)   #19
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The forecast I checked says ~50% prob of rain tomorrow(max ~25ºC) while Qualifying will very likely be on wet with over 80% chance of rain and quite cool temperatures on both Saturday and Sunday(~20ºC and IIRC, it was over 30ºC last year). The chance of a wet race is under 20%, so it will be a crazy weekend with not much time for the teams to properly evaluate their setups.

All I know is that Audi destroyed the field on a wet Silverstone QLF, so I guess such condition wouldn't hurt them....
Old 22 Jul 2016, 05:11 (Ref:3660074)   #20
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, if it rains, I think Audi will be the team to beat.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3660077)   #21
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I packed my blue poncho but hopefully won't need to be used. With the new downforce packages some of the teams are bringing this weekend then who knows what the competitive order might be
Old 22 Jul 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3660081)   #22
rubberduck
Rookie

Germany
Nordschleife - related
rubberduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chill girls and boys.
Rain was far more likely at Le Mans, currently we are facing your usual summer afternoon thunderstorm, if at all.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3660163)   #23
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ford sandbagging again?
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3660165)   #24
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Ford sandbagging again?
Maybe, maybe not. We've gone from an ultra low DF track (Le Mans) to a high DF track (Nurburg). Ford always complained that they don't actually have any power, but rather the straight speed came from being low drag.

So maybe that plays out this weekend. Not many long straights here.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3660166)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Toyota might still be running less downforce than the other LMP1 factory teams. #5 Toyota went 312kmh though the speed trap this morning in FP1