Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Aug 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3758115)   #26
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Having watched a few e-Prix, would the Electric GT cars fair well on some of those tracks? They seemed tight for even the Formula E cars at times.
I'm far more concerned about the fact it's still a giant executive saloon, electric or no. They would have more steering lock, I guess.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 22:44 (Ref:3758281)   #27
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Musk doesn't believe in motorsport.
In the same way I don't believe on his four wheeled fridges...

By the way the rumour in the streets is ... Electric GT doesn't have the money to start! Well that’s what it looks like.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3758288)   #28
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not surprised.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3758396)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I want a fridge that does 0-60 in 2.5. My current fridge doesn't even do 60.

I wouldn't be surprised if E-GT doesn't have the funds to get off the ground. I don't think we've actually seen more than 1 car in a video yet, and the car in the video isn't the one in the renders. They've said a few times that the car is rear drive, but they've also said they're now using the P100DL, which is 4WD. The 100 is obviously the best option, but is it 4WD or rear drive? Scheduled to race at the end of November, so it'd be nice to see some photos of the new cars, and the liveries etc.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3758405)   #30
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Electric GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I want a fridge that does 0-60 in 2.5. My current fridge doesn't even do 60.

I wouldn't be surprised if E-GT doesn't have the funds to get off the ground. I don't think we've actually seen more than 1 car in a video yet, and the car in the video isn't the one in the renders. They've said a few times that the car is rear drive, but they've also said they're now using the P100DL, which is 4WD. The 100 is obviously the best option, but is it 4WD or rear drive? Scheduled to race at the end of November, so it'd be nice to see some photos of the new cars, and the liveries etc.

In fairness, this is only one part of the Juntos rampage yesterday

Only messing
Old 9 Aug 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3758461)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
These Teslas would look good at Brands Hatch, Zolder, Nürburgring and Norisring.

Monza, Silverstone and Paul Ricard have straights too long.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3758466)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
These Teslas would look good at Brands Hatch, Zolder, Nürburgring and Norisring.

Monza, Silverstone and Paul Ricard have straights too long.
They might get away with it at Paul Ricard as they're using the short version, plus chicane.

Car should lend itself to short straights and quick bursts quite well. Brands Hatch would be awesome. Even the Indy loop.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3758497)   #33
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They might get away with it at Paul Ricard as they're using the short version, plus chicane.

Car should lend itself to short straights and quick bursts quite well. Brands Hatch would be awesome. Even the Indy loop.

Indy Loop would suit these cars perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3759054)   #34
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
In fairness, this is only one part of the Juntos rampage yesterday
Was it? Question yourself. Why did they not announce any further race dates? Why did the car test sessions have been put on hold?

Seems someone at Place de la Concorde put a big red STOP sign on it. There's not a soul out there to hear their prayer.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3759115)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I suspect the series does have issues, but not for those reasons. A lot of series have not announced the 2018 calendars yet, and the reason testing stopped is they're moving from the P85 to the P100D.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3759154)   #36
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
I suspect the series does have issues, but not for those reasons. A lot of series have not announced the 2018 calendars yet, and the reason testing stopped is they're moving from the P85 to the P100D.

Electric GT just launched a Electric GT branded electric karting series, so that's a sign of some movement still

I imagine the logistics of getting these kind of cars race ready, and being the first people to ever really do so, is probably what is pushing the timeline back
Old 15 Aug 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3759638)   #37
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Electric GT just launched a Electric GT branded electric karting series, so that's a sign of some movement still
And they also posted twice on Facebook and 4x times on Twitter. It is also a sign of some movement...
Old 12 Sep 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3766373)   #38
Bcarr6
Veteran

Step into the ring Jaguar I Pace eTrophy series.... with the formula e support slot in hand

I guess this is electric V8 Utes really

Old 13 Sep 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3766573)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Give that it's a support series, I'd do an all-star race with Patrick Dempsey, Jay Leno, Leonardo DiCaprio, Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt, Usain Bolt, Eric Bana, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Rowan Atkinson, Pierce Brosnan, Richard Hamond, Matt LeBlanc, Sabine Schmitz, Natalie Portman and Danica Patrick.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3777058)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Series moved back now, as they move to the P100D base.

The Electric GT Championship will commence in mid-2018, and will bring a weekend-long celebration of electric innovation to racetracks around Europe.
Old 29 Oct 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3777184)   #41
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that-saved me from booking a useless trip-why can't they arrange to support the FE series?
Old 29 Oct 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3777214)   #42
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Series moved back now, as they move to the P100D base.

The Electric GT Championship will commence in mid-2018, and will bring a weekend-long celebration of electric innovation to racetracks around Europe.

3rd or so time this series has been delayed??

Old 29 Oct 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3777291)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The delay announcement was being delayed too much...
Old 20 Nov 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3781631)   #44
Bcarr6
Veteran

Finally, a team announced...

SPV Racing the current LMP3 team, will field a two car team

Old 21 Nov 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3782077)   #45
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Finally, a team announced...

SPV Racing the current LMP3 team, will field a two car team
Will they race alone?
Old 23 Nov 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3782391)   #46
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They've said a few times that the car is rear drive, but they've also said they're now using the P100DL, which is 4WD. The 100 is obviously the best option, but is it 4WD or rear drive? .
Why does it matter what the road car is vs. the race car? As in, where is it etched in stone that it has to be 4wd because it's based on the 100? Have I missed something?

jimclark
Old 23 Nov 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3782395)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Why does it matter what the road car is vs. the race car? As in, where is it etched in stone that it has to be 4wd because it's based on the 100? Have I missed something?
It's not etched in stone, but it's just a stripped down road car so removing the front drive would be a bit more work than what they were originally targeting.

Either way, it does appear they've moved car. New version has the larger battery, 4wd and new front grill.

Of course now they'll no doubt be looking at the possibility of using a gen 2 Roadster come production.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3782432)   #48
Bcarr6
Veteran

Please use the roadster Tesla for Gen2!!!

Old 24 Nov 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3782746)   #49
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Please use the roadster Tesla for Gen2!!!
This championship will never happen.

We'll take you through the steps of arranging a funeral.
Step one: http://e-racing365.com/electric-gt/e...nding-project/
Old 25 Nov 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3782910)   #50
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
This championship will never happen.

We'll take you through the steps of arranging a funeral.
Step one: http://e-racing365.com/electric-gt/e...nding-project/
The car has been driven though. https://www.pistonheads.com/features...he-track/37129